shape
carat
color
clarity

Wink''s Daughter getting married Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow! My daughter is getting married Saturday. Seems like only yesterday she was running around in diapers terrorizing her older brother and beating the poor dog on the head with any book she was strong enough to lift.

Last night we took a dance class to make sure we were on the same page on how a waltz is supposed to be done. I need not have worried, she is a wonderful dancer.

For our Father/Daughter dance we are going to do the Sleeping Beauty Waltz by Tchaikovsky. I am so excited to do this with her, she is so beautiful and dances so well. Even when I mess up she follows as if she knows what I am doing and trusts me to find us again with no one to know it was not scripted. Only her mother has ever followed me so well and with such total trust, sigh.

I am gaining a wonderful son in law, he is incredible and every thing a father could wish for his daughter.

I may be a little out of touch the next couple of days, but I will be having the time of my life watching my beautiful daughter take this next exciting step in her life.

Wink

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations Wink to you and your daughter! You will have a wonderful time. And I can just picture that father/daughter dance - sounds very sweet!

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Congrats! I just got chills when you mentioned the Sleeping Beauty Waltz...perfect for a father/daughter dance! It totally reminds me of being a little girl with BIG dreams!! So special!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wink:

What a lovely, loving note! Clearly, you''ll do a wonderful job when it comes time for the toasts. Have a great time!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats Wink and family!! How wonderful. Hope the wedding day is filled with special moments.
1.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Have a wonderful day with your family!

You are definitely one very proud daddy!
1.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Awww, that is such a sweet post! Made me tear up a little to hear you speak so lovingly of your daughter and future son-in-law. No doubt it will be a wonderful day. Congratulations!
36.gif

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congradulations Wink.

I wish all the best...

Got to ask though.... Does she get a saphire pendant as a weading gift... (or something similar).

Perry

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/3/2009 5:21:35 AM
Author: gwendolyn
Awww, that is such a sweet post! Made me tear up a little to hear you speak so lovingly of your daughter and future son-in-law. No doubt it will be a wonderful day. Congratulations!
36.gif

ditto, wishing you all the best and most perfect day

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations Wink! Your post almost made me tear up. Sounds like you are feeling very sentimental...you
are so lucky to be handing her off to a wonderful guy. Have a great day Saturday and enjoy every minute!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Awww congrats Wink! I hope that her day is everything she hopes for and wants. Bring your hanky...for that dad and daughter dance. Have fun and boogie!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 9/3/2009 7:35:15 AM
Author: perry
Congradulations Wink.

I wish all the best...

Got to ask though.... Does she get a saphire pendant as a weading gift... (or something similar).

Perry
LOL! Sorry Perry, not this time, although she does have a fantastic engagement diamond and some super sparkly Richard Homer gems already.

She is getting something even better. Her mother made her fabulous silk shawl on her loom. The material is super light and incredibly soft. It took weeks of planning and hours to thread onto the loom and many more hours of weaving to create this masterpiece of beauty.

It is six shades of pinks and purples randomly woven into a twil pattern. Since the material is pure silk the colors literally glow and the shawl takes on a special appearance that is slightly different in each light. A local dressmaker who Resa (my wife) showed it to asked where in the world she had found such unbelievably beautiful material. She was shocked and amazed to find that it had not been purchased for thousands of dolllars. Resa, of course, was beaming from ear to ear when she came home and told me what the dressmaker had said.

So it seems my daughter is getting an heirloom of a different nature this time. Something hand crafted and made over a period of months with love woven into every strand by her mother. Although my gems are fantastic, this is one time they did not even try to compete. I can continue trying to spoil her at Christmas and birthdays, but this moment clearly belongs to my wife.

Wink

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Wink, I have known you as my friend, teacher, and boss for several years now. Over the course of those years you continue to amaze me, inspire me, and have me completely in awe of you and your lovely wife.

Best wishes for the happy couple, and congratulations to you and Resa. Savor the dance, enjoy the day. You've probably been dreaming of it since you first held your daughter!

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! This is one of those great moments in life. Enjoy every minute!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

What a thrilling time for you and your family! Congrats!

cheers--Sharon

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you all for your kind words, thoughts, and prayers.

It is such a joyous time in my life and my daughter has worked so hard to make this the wedding that she wanted, and all without becomming super stressed or snarky. Her wedding planner and DJ have both expressed amazement that she is so calm just days before the wedding and have said that she is just about the easiest person that they have ever dealt with.

I am truly blessed.

Wink

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
what sweet + touching words! her shawl sounds divine! congratulations! my the wedding day be filled with all the happiness in the world!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
That''s so exciting!!
Congrats!!!
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif
9.gif
21.gif
30.gif
36.gif

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Your wife''s gift sounds gorgeous it will definitely become a treasured family heirloom.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/3/2009 9:21:31 AM
Author: Wink

Date: 9/3/2009 7:35:15 AM
Author: perry
Congradulations Wink.

I wish all the best...

Perry
LOL! Sorry Perry, not this time, although she does have a fantastic engagement diamond and some super sparkly Richard Homer gems already.

She is getting something even better. Her mother made her fabulous silk shawl on her loom. The material is super light and incredibly soft. It took weeks of planning and hours to thread onto the loom and many more hours of weaving to create this masterpiece of beauty.

It is six shades of pinks and purples randomly woven into a twil pattern. Since the material is pure silk the colors literally glow and the shawl takes on a special appearance that is slightly different in each light. A local dressmaker who Resa (my wife) showed it to asked where in the world she had found such unbelievably beautiful material. She was shocked and amazed to find that it had not been purchased for thousands of dolllars. Resa, of course, was beaming from ear to ear when she came home and told me what the dressmaker had said.

So it seems my daughter is getting an heirloom of a different nature this time. Something hand crafted and made over a period of months with love woven into every strand by her mother. Although my gems are fantastic, this is one time they did not even try to compete. I can continue trying to spoil her at Christmas and birthdays, but this moment clearly belongs to my wife.

Wink
Goodness me, I''ve been known to shed a tear at the odd wedding, but never at a post on a forum about a wedding.

Wink, this is just such a lovely story, what a wonderful gift. You are going to be such a proud Mamma and Pappa on Saturday.

Many, many congratulations to you all.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats to your entire family! Hope her day goes flawless.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
How wonderful, Wink, and I love how enthusiastic and happy you are for her. Enjoy your daughter and her husband''s wedding.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats Wink! what a great time in your life!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Wink! I hope you, your wife, and your daughter enjoy the next few days. I can say without a doubt she is incredibly lucky to have such a wonderful, loving family to support her and celebrate with her.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results