shape
carat
color
clarity

Why do I do this?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
UGH!! We are supposed to leave for holiday after christmas for ~12 days and I have to secure flights and lodging. Heck, I still have to narrow down *where* we're going!!

We finally decided to go to Thailand but it is BOOKED (last night my husband mentioned hangover2 and we realized it could be extra popular now the way bali was this last year). A friend just got 12 days in Cambodia without too much problem but we want more beach so now I'm looking at Vietnam.

Anyone know any great websites besides agoda.com or travelocity to peruse? UGH I'm such a dumbutt.

TheDoctor

Shiny_Rock
A friend of mine from Canada runs a hotel in Nha Trang. Here is the link;

http://www.thetidehotel.com/

Also, he has been posting a blog from Nha Trang for about 3 years. Great travel advice from a North American's perspective.

http://owee58.com/

My wife and daughter went to Vietnam a couple of years ago and had a wonderful time. All the usual caveats; You have to do your research and understand some of the culture, along with the potential downsides. if you read the blog postings you will get a good feel for your various recommended cautions, as well as where to go and what to do.

bibiloves

Shiny_Rock
What part of Vietnam are you thinking of going? I maybe can help a bit :)

This is the first website that pops up when I search for tours in Vietnam: http://www.govietnamtours.com/

I will try to look for more info but I'm curious to know why Thailand was booked. Was there a specific place that you want to go and all the hotels were booked?

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
Cehrabehra|1323322371|3076850 said:
UGH!! We are supposed to leave for holiday after christmas for ~12 days and I have to secure flights and lodging. Heck, I still have to narrow down *where* we're going!!

We finally decided to go to Thailand but it is BOOKED (last night my husband mentioned hangover2 and we realized it could be extra popular now the way bali was this last year). A friend just got 12 days in Cambodia without too much problem but we want more beach so now I'm looking at Vietnam.

Anyone know any great websites besides agoda.com or travelocity to peruse? UGH I'm such a dumbutt.

Why do you say "Cambodia ... but we want more beach"?

There are plenty of beaches in Cambodia, especially if you go to the islands.

Have a look HERE and HERE and HERE

For beach holidays in Vietnam have a look HERE and HERE

If you are prepared to consider Indonesia, check out Kelayang Beach Cottages I've never been but an acquantaince of mine raves about this place. I'm seriously considering it for next year.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you considered Malaysia? Langkawi looks lovely. I am hoping to go there one day.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
TheDoctor|1323352099|3077000 said:
A friend of mine from Canada runs a hotel in Nha Trang. Here is the link;

http://www.thetidehotel.com/

Also, he has been posting a blog from Nha Trang for about 3 years. Great travel advice from a North American's perspective.

http://owee58.com/

My wife and daughter went to Vietnam a couple of years ago and had a wonderful time. All the usual caveats; You have to do your research and understand some of the culture, along with the potential downsides. if you read the blog postings you will get a good feel for your various recommended cautions, as well as where to go and what to do.

I live in China right now and many of my expat friends have been to vietnam and cambodia (and mostly thailand) and they all seem to think it's a nicer version that what we're already used to so at least there's no culture shock! lol

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you MAC :) And yes, I know cambodia has beaches - some seriously lovely beaches!! At the time I was up to my eyeballs in ankor wat and the killing fields and not thinking clearly. I am seriously frustrated.

I have all of this money to spend - that isn't mine - and places are either too inexpensive or way too expensive. We have about 500 a day and I want to spend it all!!! lol

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trying to find the needle in the haystack in Thailand was not working for me... cambodia was better but I really wanted to be on the beach and the good places were taken there too. So.... off to Vietnam! Found *excellent* deals in gorgeous locations... so excited!!! Going for 12 days and frankly, I can't wait. I am so not in the holiday spirit this year. I am really looking forward to getting away. Just thought I'd mention this cause I've been planning today and its paying off and I'm a little giddy :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results