shape
carat
color
clarity

Why are some patented diamond producers so popular?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
Why are some diamond producers like Hearts on Fire or Elara so popular?

They are both notoriously expensive, and apparently Elara has customer service issues.

What would Horowitz & Atlass need to do to gain the same attention for the Regent, QoH, and the Jubilee?

Personally, I prefer that they remain a quiet, insider secrets among the well edumacated.

A side question, do you think it would be more profitable to sell well cut stones via more direct channel vendors or selling overpriced stones via a corporate B&M''s?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Promotion?

Cary and company does not advertise in bridal mags or in jewelry stores and in fact I think their production is much more limited than say HOF or Elara. This is probably part if not most of the reason why the cuts we know and love are not as touted to the general public. Works for me personally. I love knowing that my Regent is somewhat rare...compared to say the typical RB stone.

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
My thoughts

They are marketing a diamond proportioning and cut concept to the public, and that people are not able to identify properly. And are not able to judge for themselves.

Gemological testing equipment does not come standard with these diamonds to wear as accessories. Also no consumer that I know ever requires their friends to look through these interments to view their diamonds.

Also there is no copyright on how to cut a diamond, so if the diamond does not have a name given to it, is it less valuable? Even with the same measurements? Is this diamond less valuable because it has not been advertised? I Question people that put names on well cut diamonds. I guess it would be different if the diamond that is branded had a label on it to show you over paid for it and could brag about how foolishly you are with your money, like a shirt with a label on the front.

Folks; we can evaluate diamonds here or in a laboratory until the sun goes down, but the real test is out in the real world were your friends see the diamond and what’s left in your checking account to pay for dinner
1.gif

Don’t get caught up in Hype! We all don’t really care here in the real world
1.gif
Everybody asks me what my wife wears because of its sparkle and I tell different people different things, like different brand names of diamonds and they all agree that it’s a good brand because of how well it sparkles and how they have heard of this brand. I just turn and laugh knowing that she has an unbranded ideal cut diamond and how stupid the public is. I'm glad I don’t play that game; I could not sleep at nights.

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
I concur that it isn't being the most cost efficient to spend more money on something that you can get for less, with the same performance. Does that make sense?

How's this... I wouldn't buy a HoF round, when I know if I spent just a little bit of time, I could find something just as good or better for far less money.

However, with some fancy cuts, since there is little dictating cut quality, some brands like Regent, Jubilee, Lucere, etc. are probably worth the extra cost.

Edited: Of course, I'm biased!
1.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
As a person who searched endlessly for a well cut Radiant and ended up buying the branded stone, I can say that when things are branded, this DOES NOT guarantee quality, but it does guarantee the liklihood of consistency.

Just like clothing from Walmart, versus Versace. They both are brands that don't guarantee that Walmart is ALWAYS good quality or that Versace is. I have seen some Versace shirts just crumble to pieces. BUT the consistency of one shirt to the other is closer because of having the brand behind it that imposes quality restictions. Not always, but most of the time.

I think places like Tiffany's, Cartier, etc is that they represent a quality item thatis consistent and have a name that is recognizeable and impressive. So Hearts on Fire, Elara, are going for the same thing, except they don't have the same advertizers or tactics!
11.gif

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
Nic, your radiant was 1-in-a-million. If I had 1/100th the patience you did, I wouldn't have been able to find it (or probably afford it).

The clothes analogy is actually not the best one IMO, only b/c many of the main label brands often buy or contract from the same lousy child labor sweatshops overseas and just slap on a label. The only decent clothes those designers are making are for the wealthy to walk down the red carpet. The rest of the public get inexpensively made versions and help support those fabulous duds that the weathly are wearing.

I do understand your point though. The name does not guarantee quality. Personal scruitiny is always advised.

wallace

Shiny_Rock
RE: Elara - I would like to say that your customer service will be entirely contingent upon the jeweler you are dealing with - good jeweler = good service and vv. I just wanted to clarify that since my previous experience with a bad jeweler led me to write a catalogue of concerns about the integrity of Elara. Now that i have a new jewler, Elara seems like the best! Amazing. They are even customizing a wedding band for me and this is special - they do this for the good jeweler all the time. THey are still very expensive, but they do seem to provide service the service commensurate with their pricetag - depending on who you deal with. I only thought it fair to clarify...

THat said, their stones are the same as FB so you might as well save the money and buy the FB's - unless you have time issues or, like me, you love the setting and want full service.

This is unusual in a brandes stone - most of the otheres, as you stated, and IMO are worth considering their pricetags becuase they ARE the only way to get those cuts - Like HOF Dream and RA.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And then you have the sellers around here giving names to the top SELECTION among their diamonds: from the rather generic wording of "ideal cut" turned "super ideal" and the generic "H&A", to more specific "signature collection". I guess each store can have a "signature" and this does not sounds like an "attempted brand" yet (BN and Dirtcheap do). Then come the names: "A Cut Above" at Whiteflash, "Venus" at Infinity...

Would you guys be turned off by these names given to a selection? Of course, the 'consistency' logic is all there, and, for now, there is no reason (= volume increase by intense advertising) for quality to thin under the same name.

Good Old Gold is preparing such name-calling for the tops of their selection, so I was wandering... for what is this worth.
11.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
edited to say: hmmmmmm......I had a very intelligent reply here
2.gif
-- wonder what happened to it?! haven't had enough coffee yet to try to recreate it ...sorry

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results