shape
carat
color
clarity

Whole Foods' customers apparently beneath WalMart's

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
^No worries at all, kenny =) I'm sure that I'm partly to blame - my posts don't always come across as I intend them too.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
AGBF said:
When I do go into a store for upscale shopping I make sure that I am well dressed and made up and so I do get treated well. But, in my opinion, that shouldn't have to be the case. Why should one always have to be in armor to face the world? Shouldn't I be able to run to a grocery store in peace?

That's a good point, but what I meant was that things like that happen, some crazed loon insults us in public, on days when we already feel delicate. I've had days when I'm sure I have a sign on my back: "Kick me; I've been on the verge of tears all day." You feel conspicuous & icky for whatever reason -- and that's always the day a wacked-out malcontent chooses you as a target. It happens much more than when we're confident & cool. Some days I feel I have an aura that sucks 'em right in toward me.

--- Laurie

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1393790871|3625923 said:
^No worries at all, kenny =) I'm sure that I'm partly to blame - my posts don't always come across as I intend them too.

I know mine don't. :oops:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
We don't have a Whole Foods or a Costco or Trader Joe's. We have a Fareway and HyVee. We do sometimes have angry people at the grocery store...maybe that's anger at the fact it's either freeze your nostrils shut cold or melt your face off hot. But that's just NW Iowa..we're just angry until we can be pacified with sweet corn.

I think we are not high enough on the ladder to warrant a WF. If I'm getting groceries after being at the gym, my face is red, my hair is all fuzzed out, probably can't walk well if it was leg day, or push the cart in a straight line if it was arms, and I probably smell. Don't do much upscale shopping.

We do have an animal activist in town that might careen thru a WF with those baby octopuses and fling them outside and screech You're FREE be FREEEEEEE!

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
packrat, you're right about not being high enough on the ladder. If WF ever came to Iowa, it would be Des Moines or Iowa City. (Born and raised in the state, so I know how much fun shopping for anything can be.)

iLander and kenny, I about spit coffee all over. Best laugh I've had all week.

We have a plethora of choices in D/FW; it's one of the most competitive markets in the country for food shopping. Right now, I'm pretty sure the only WF on the FW side is in Arlington. The Dallas side has them all over. I buy everything I can at Costco and everything else comes from Albertson's, Target, Central Market, Sprouts or Brookshire's. The area also has Aldi, WalMart and Sams (boohiss,) Kroger, Tom Thumb, Fiesta, HEB, WinCo and probably 20 others I can't think of off the top of my head.
I do love having all the choices, but the problem is when you reeeaaally want another jar of that mustard everyone loves and you just can't remember where it came from.

(This is funny because every time I see WF, I think of Whiteflash, even though I'm the one typing it!)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results