shape
carat
color
clarity

Who would you like to see as our next president?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m just curious -- which candidate(s) do you like and why?

I know I''m voting for a democrat but I can''t make up my mind between John Edwards, Hillary Clinton, or Barack Obama.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hillary Clinton IS OUT for me. During the debates the other night the last question she was asked is if she prefers diamonds or pearls, and she was so lame that she said, "both!" I mean, come on, give me a break. She can't even break free from her politically flip-flopping mentality for one minute to have a bit of fun and say "diamonds," which I would think she DOES prefer because she had a few sparkily pieces on and NO pearls! (That isn't the only reason I wouldn't vote for her, but one reason most appropriate to Pricescope discussions. She just is a corporate sell out and that's reason enough NOT to vote for her.)
2.gif

I always vote for a democrat. My first choice is Kucinich, second is Edwards, and third, if Ron Paul (republican) was running. Ron Paul is the ONLY repbublican I'd vote for.

Too bad Gore isn't running.
7.gif

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
RON PAUL!!! I finally feel that I am being told the truth! I really like this guy! His message makes sense and he is finally gaining recognition and airtime. I never get really potitically charged, but I really think that this election is going to make or break us as a country. We need change!!!

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
I can't stand the bickering between Clinton & Obama, neither of them can answer a simple yes or no question. I dont know, they all tell us what we want to hear. For once I'd like to see some honesty & follow through-wishful thinking? For now, I'm on team Kucinich.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/17/2007 1:26:12 PM
Author: VegasAngel
I can''t stand the bickering between Clinton & Obama, neither of them can answer a simple yes or no question. I dont know, they all tell us what we want to hear. For once I''d like to see some honesty & follow through-wishful thinking? For now, I''m on team Kucinich.
Hey VegasAngel! I totally agree, enough with the childish jabs! I''m all for honesty too, and that''s what led me the look into Ron Paul. He seems to be the only one who has a voting record that doesn''t contradict itself! I also love that the rest of the candidates don''t really like him, I think it''s because he''s their worst fear. I don''t know much about Kucinich but I will look into him. You should check out Ron Pauls interview on Jay Leno over on YouTube. It was pretty good!

E B

Ideal_Rock
I'm undecided too, but right now, it's between Hillary and Barack. Thank goodness we still have time to decide! I still need to do some more research.

My aunt is pushing for Ron Paul, but no matter how fabulous he is, he is pro-life/anti-choice, and that I cannot get behind. (Don't mean to start a debate, it's just how I feel.)

E B

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a fun quiz that "matches" you to political candidates based on issues you support/oppose:

VoteMatch Quiz

I was most closely matched with Hillary Clinton (53%), followed by Mike Gravel, Joe Biden and Dennis Kucinich.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/17/2007 1:14:11 PM
Author: CrookedRock
RON PAUL!!! I finally feel that I am being told the truth! I really like this guy! His message makes sense and he is finally gaining recognition and airtime. ... I really think that this election is going to make or break us as a country. We need change!!!
Same here!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/17/2007 2:53:04 PM
Author: EBree
Here''s a fun quiz that ''matches'' you to political candidates based on issues you support/oppose:

VoteMatch Quiz
Great info, thanks for the link Ebree. Very interesting subject.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/17/2007 2:54:08 PM
Author: old-fashioned girl

RON PAUL!!! I finally feel that I am being told the truth! I really like this guy! His message makes sense and he is finally gaining recognition and airtime. ... I really think that this election is going to make or break us as a country. We need change!!!
Same here!!
YAHHH!!! Just out of curiosity, where do you live, and is he catching on there? We really need to start opening our eyes and he did that for me!

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/17/2007 2:38:06 PM
I''m undecided too, but right now, it''s between Hillary and Barack. Thank goodness we still have time to decide! I still need to do some more research.

My aunt is pushing for Ron Paul, but no matter how fabulous he is, he is pro-life/anti-choice, and that I cannot get behind. (Don''t mean to start a debate, it''s just how I feel.)
I cant get behind anyone pro-life, either. There are so many issues at hand it really makes it hard. I''ll agree with a candidate on a lot of issues but there is always one thing they are for or against that throws me off.
33.gif

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/17/2007 2:38:06 PM

My aunt is pushing for Ron Paul, but no matter how fabulous he is, he is pro-life/anti-choice, and that I cannot get behind. (Don''t mean to start a debate, it''s just how I feel.)
EBree... I am so sorry I didn''t see this before, but it''s funny that you bring this up bc I took issue with this too... I am pro choice and I have an issue with this too. I sat my BF down and told him the issue I had with this (He is a huge supportor, and donator), and he made a very valid point. No one wants to reopen Roe vs Wade. That is a supreme court issue that will probably never be touched again. So as I totally disagree with his stance on that issue I feel so strongly about his stance on so many other issues, I have chosen to overlook this. In the end there are so many things that need to be dealt with before anyone would even consider reopening the pro choice debate...
Hopefully that will give you a better understanding of the issue as it did for me.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/17/2007 8:20:38 PM

Date: 11/17/2007 2:54:08 PM
Author: old-fashioned girl

RON PAUL!!!
Same here!!
YAHHH!!! Just out of curiosity, where do you live, and is he catching on there? We really need to start opening our eyes and he did that for me!
I live in the D.C. area. Most of my friends would like to see him win, and one friend is always sending me youtube clips etc. about him. I actually learned about him a few years ago (before this current Pres. race) and saw articles by him and his speeches in Congress, and he always makes a lot of sense. He is like the kid who points out that the emperor is not wearing any clothes. In fact, one interviewer (I can''t recall who it was) says something like, "Congressman Paul, you appear to have consistent, principled integrity. Americans don''t usually go for that."

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
OFG... I am really glad to hear that he is catching on in such a large area. We are down in Palm Beach Florida, and the word is spreading. Our friends love him too and are donating time and money to the campaign. I think the most interesting thing about him is the support he is getting from the troops. More troops are behind him than anyone else (guess they want to come home...) I too watch all those clips and always love what he says... He absolutely does have integrity!!

Zoe... look what you started!! LOL! Great topic! Very important issues at hand these days! Thanks for being brave enought to bring it up!
4.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I liked reading through the questions but I was a little disappointed with the results. It said that I matched closer with Joe Biden at 35%, followed by John Edwards at 33% (who I do really like). The fourth and fifth people were Barack and Clinton, who were 30%. When I clicked on each person, it said the following for each one: "You have a poor match with XXX. Unless you particularly like his character and background, you should vote for another candidate." As I got lower down the list, it said flat out that that particular candidate is not for me and I should choose someone else. I guess I was hoping for a stronger vote match along the lines of "this is the person for you."

I think I need to do it again and see what happens. I did find myself getting too caught up in the language of every single thing and maybe I was overthinking it. I have to admit that I''m not as up to speed on some issues as I think I should be.

I''ll do it again in the morning. It was interesting...

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/17/2007 9:35:36 PM
OFG... I am really glad to hear that he is catching on in such a large area. We are down in Palm Beach Florida, and the word is spreading. Our friends love him too and are donating time and money to the campaign. I think the most interesting thing about him is the support he is getting from the troops. More troops are behind him than anyone else (guess they want to come home...) I too watch all those clips and always love what he says... He absolutely does have integrity!!

Zoe... look what you started!! LOL! Great topic! Very important issues at hand these days! Thanks for being brave enought to bring it up!
4.gif
I love to see where others stand on certain topics and issues. The only problem is that I''m not always sure where I stand.
1.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think I posted this in "hangout" and I just realized that it''s now in another forum. Thanks Andrey, for moving it to the correct place.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/17/2007 9:45:15 PM
Author: zoebartlett

Date: 11/17/2007 9:35:36 PM

4.gif
I love to see where others stand on certain topics and issues. The only problem is that I''m not always sure where I stand.
1.gif
I agree, me too! Different opinions are fun to hear! Just so you know.. I was dissapointed with my results of that test as well. I''m not sure how I feel about that test... I did this test/matrix and learned a lot from it... http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21116732

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Crooked Rock...I''ll have to do that matrix in the morning (I''m too sleepy right now to put thought into it). I''m not sure I quite understand how it works though.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/17/2007 2:53:04 PM
Here''s a fun quiz that ''matches'' you to political candidates based on issues you support/oppose:

VoteMatch Quiz
My husband mentioned a quiz and I''ve been wanting to take it. Not sure if the one you posted is the same, but mine came back Kucinich as 1st choice but only by 55%, which isn''t very favorable. Too bad he doesn''t have much of a chance as he isn''t the "popular" one or I''d be thrilled right now.

ahhh, the one that came second based on my views is H. Clinton! blah. Third is Chris Dodd!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
dennis is my man....was last time around and again this time. and every one of those online quizes reconfirms that dennis is my man. dennis does have a chance if those that really want him as pres vote for him!

i don''t care for hillary''s politics......

ron paul looked interesting until i found out about his voting record.

movie zombie

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
In a perfect world, Ron Paul, because he has actually heard of the Constitution. However, since he has no chance of winning, Obama. Hilary is a big no no. The Clintons weren''t that great the first time around.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/18/2007 1:45:15 AM
Author: MoonWater
In a perfect world, Ron Paul, because he has actually heard of the Constitution. However, since he has no chance of winning, Obama. Hilary is a big no no. The Clintons weren't that great the first time around.
I thought the same thing until I started to see his money raising power! He really has awed me! It's all about word of mouth. They did say that if the election was done online, he would have it hands down!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
In a perfect world, Ron Paul, because he has actually heard of the Constitution. However, since he has no chance of winning, Obama. Hilary is a big no no. The Clintons weren''t that great the first time around.

I like the Clintons but I definitely don''t agree with Bill''s wandering ways and how that played out in public (the whole Kenneth Star fiasco). I haven''t been a fan of the Bush''s (senior or W) so I''m hoping to see a democrat in office again.

I can''t decide how I feel about Hillary. I think I like (in order) Edwards, Obama, and then Hillary.

One thing I keep thinking about, in regards to the scandals involving Bill, is whether we (the general "we") want the Clinton''s back in the White House. I just can''t see it.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
For those considering Obama, Clinton, and/or Edwards, what do you think their differences are? What would make you choose one over the other?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Last night I took another poll and came up as Gravel 91% and Kucinich around 85%.

I plan to vote for Kucinich, but my husband is urging me to vote for Edwards because he believes voting for Kucinich is wasting a vote since he won''t win. Any thoughts on this? My husband is so politically minded, I would have to hide my mail-in ballot from him so he wouldn''t see who I voted for, which kind of pisses me off. I realize this election is one of the most important in years, but I want to show support for the one person I like the most.

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
Rudolph Giuliani, KBE

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/18/2007 7:57:09 PM
Author: MC
Last night I took another poll and came up as Gravel 91% and Kucinich around 85%.

I plan to vote for Kucinich, but my husband is urging me to vote for Edwards because he believes voting for Kucinich is wasting a vote since he won''t win. Any thoughts on this? My husband is so politically minded, I would have to hide my mail-in ballot from him so he wouldn''t see who I voted for, which kind of pisses me off. I realize this election is one of the most important in years, but I want to show support for the one person I like the most.
I tend to vote for the big name people because I believe one of them will end up as the democratic candidate. I also tend to agree with their politics, although this time around I can''t distinguish between the big three. I have to admit, I''m one of those people who probably wouldn''t vote for a lesser-known person simply because I don''t believe they''d make it far in the campaign process.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/18/2007 10:29:04 AM
Author: zoebartlett

In a perfect world, Ron Paul, because he has actually heard of the Constitution. However, since he has no chance of winning, Obama. Hilary is a big no no. The Clintons weren't that great the first time around.

I like the Clintons but I definitely don't agree with Bill's wandering ways and how that played out in public (the whole Kenneth Star fiasco). I haven't been a fan of the Bush's (senior or W) so I'm hoping to see a democrat in office again.

I can't decide how I feel about Hillary. I think I like (in order) Edwards, Obama, and then Hillary.

One thing I keep thinking about, in regards to the scandals involving Bill, is whether we (the general 'we') want the Clinton's back in the White House. I just can't see it.

My issue with the Clintons has nothing to do with that scandal. Frankly I thought it was a personal matter between husband and wife and never should have played out in the public. I wish my bf could come to this thread to explain all the things wrong with the Clintons. One issue in particular is that they had a chance to get Bin Laden but choose not to as it would basically make him look bad (er worse) during the scandal. Hilary as an individual simply rubs me the wrong way. She seems beyond fake too me and tries too hard to appear approachable. You shouldn't have to try that damn hard. Not to mention how she abandoned her health care reform. I just don't trust her not to be fickle. She, ahem, her and her husband seem more concerned with their political image than anything else.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, the health care reform policy the Clinton''s tried to work on (not the correct phrasing but it''s late and I''m tired) didn''t really go anywhere. I also think that the issues between Hillary and Bill should have been kept out of the public eye. It was a train wreck.

I want to like Hilary more than I do.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results