shape
carat
color
clarity

Whitney Houston Dead...

Sha

Ideal_Rock
:( :cry: :blackeye: So Sad! Such a great talent, a great voice...

Seems like she just went downhill since marrying Bobby Brown or using drugs - whichever came first. She was never the same afterwards. I wonder what things would've been like today if that never happened...Sigh... :((

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
very sad news.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very sad; I use to love her music as a kid in the 80's. She was so beautiful too; I feel bad for her family. Way too young to die.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was just saying to Fi the other day: All the musicians I liked and grew up with are DEAD! ;(
RIP Whitney - she burned so bright and burned out so fast.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
We had the privilege of seeing Whitney in concert a few years ago. She was amazing and saved 'The Greatest Love of All' for last.

I just kept hearing it over and over in my head for days to come.

I certainly hope that her idiot ex-husband does not get custody of their daughter. :blackeye:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Such a loss. A beautiful voice silenced way too early. Sad. Hoping Bobbi Christina has good people surrounding her now to cope with the loss of her mother.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Tragic. Horrible. Awful.

Another great talent gone.

Not a surprise, really. But still shocking.

Why does anyone ever think they will not be the person who loses everything because of drug use?

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Just Say No.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
isaku5|1329017433|3124403 said:
I certainly hope that her idiot ex-husband does not get custody of their daughter. :blackeye:
She's eighteen so I don't think "custody" applies anymore. Terribly sad all around.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sad, I adore Whitney Houston. I even remember the time and place I was when I heard her sing for the first time. The most fabulous and talented vocalist ever. RIP.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So sad! While I wasn't a huge fan, only because pop isn't my genre of choice, just last week I was looking up you-tube videos of her singing the National Anthem. I guess the Superbowl hoopla got me in the mood to hear it again and this led to watching other performances. I hadn't listened to any of these songs, or even thought about Whitney Houston, in years. Listening to them brought back floods of great memories from when they were hits. What an incredible and amazing performer she was.

TL, I love your avatar! That's another thing I was talking about just last week -- hypercubes!

Mikla

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I was shocked when I saw the news. Too young to die and everything to live for. One of the best singers of all time, no matter what your musical preference. Even rock musicians are posting sad farewells with memories of happier days and with a slew of compliments. Although we don't know for sure that her death is drug-related, it does serve as a reminder of how insidious drugs are and how they damage your health and your family, even your fans and your bank account. Rest in peace, Whitney. :((

Mikla

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I was not shocked. It was pretty obviously a matter of time. Surprising she made it to 48, many haven't. The biggest shame is that she wasted so much talent & capacity for good & joy. I know from experience how hard it is to kick an addiction but there is a point where any normally intelligent person -- & she was at least that -- must face that you'll end up dead & cold, break your family's hearts, & embarrass your memory. "Not me," doesn't work. You do know that, even as you decide to think about it tomorrow...and tomorrow...and tomorrow. Can't ignore that she knew how miserable the drugs & alcohol made her and still involved her kid in them.

--- Laurie

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
decodelighted|1329032322|3124521 said:
isaku5|1329017433|3124403 said:
She's eighteen so I don't think "custody" applies anymore. Terribly sad all around.

I wasn't sure of her age so should have checked before posting. :naughty:

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
HollyS|1329028854|3124501 said:
Why does anyone ever think they will not be the person who loses everything because of drug use?

That is a characteristic of the disease. Use despite negative consequences is one of the hallmarks of drug dependence. It has nothing to do with a lack of intelligence. Actually most addicts I know have above average IQs. Takes a lot of resources, creativity, and smarts to live a double life. When someone is in active addiction they cannot play the tape all the way to the end. All they care about is feeling "normal." The only thing that makes them feel okay (emotionally & physically) is their drug of choice. Unfortunately, I see many, many people die too soon as the result of their addictions. It is a heart-breaking disease. I hope with time that her family can find peace and acceptance.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was so sad to hear the news. Such a great waste. I am always stunned that the 'stars' our culture sets on pedestals are by the whole, such sad unhappy people. Money and fame and even great talent doesn't make you happy or even insulate you from your own demons. Yet they supposedly 'have it all'. What a hoax, and so very very sad for her and her family.

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
Addictions are horrible.
I don't know what makes some people hit a bottom and become willing to work a program while others keep going lower and lower and still won't/can't stop.
It's horrible for the families of everyone addicted to drugs/alcohol and not too great for the families of those with other addictions.
I know a woman who is in the hospital AGAIN for an operation related to her diabetes; we were diagnosed at the same time and I saw her two or three times at the meetings I go to for compulsive overeating (which give me to support to eat properly and maintain normal weight, which has my diabetes in complete control with no medication needed). Sadly she never came more than twice. Now, eight years later, everytime I hear she's in the hospital (which is often) I think, that could be me...
I just thank God it isn't and keep praying for her.
That's all you can do when someone won't get the help for one of these addictions... pray..
It's so sad.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LL Cool J did such a nice job opening The Grammy's and honoring her memory in prayer... and what can anyone say about the VERY TALENTED Jennifer Hudson and her tribute to Whitney... it was a moving tribute.. on both accounts..

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Black Jade said:
Addictions are horrible.
I don't know what makes some people hit a bottom and become willing to work a program while others keep going lower and lower and still won't/can't stop.
It's horrible for the families of everyone addicted to drugs/alcohol and not too great for the families of those with other addictions.
I know a woman who is in the hospital AGAIN for an operation related to her diabetes; we were diagnosed at the same time and I saw her two or three times at the meetings I go to for compulsive overeating (which give me to support to eat properly and maintain normal weight, which has my diabetes in complete control with no medication needed). Sadly she never came more than twice. Now, eight years later, everytime I hear she's in the hospital (which is often) I think, that could be me...
I just thank God it isn't and keep praying for her.
That's all you can do when someone won't get the help for one of these addictions... pray..
It's so sad.

This. I agree 100%.

But I am willing to gather up a group of us and go kick Bobbi Brown's sorry . . . :cry:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results