shape
carat
color
clarity

which tv character cracks you up?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
name the show, character''s name (actor) and why.

I''ve got two, in this order.

1. Barney Stinson (played by Neil Patrick Harris) on HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER
almost everything he does and says is hilarious. I think it''s fantastic that this guy who used to be Doogie Howser has worked so hard to get out of that type-cast role. furthermore, it''s funny that this gay actor plays a womanizer.

2. Shawn Spencer (played by James Roday) on PSYCH
has the most hilarious lines. it''s true that he really needs the character of Gus to make it work, though. I also think it''s funny how they often mention the show THE MENTALIST as it is based on the same plot: "psychic" works for police department

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
1. Janitor from Scrubs
2. Jim Halpert from The Office

cammy85

Shiny_Rock
1. Barny Stinson - HIMYM
2. Sheldon from "Big Bang Theory"
With classics like "Bazinga!" and things like "What part of an inverse tangent approaching an asymptote don't you understand!?" I love it!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Greg House - House. I don't know why, but that dude makes me LAUGH!

oh yeah, and office fans - Dwight - he CRACKS me up!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ari on Entourage
All of the Office characters

ETA: oh, we are supposed to say why we think these characters are funny. Um...I guess I just have a healthy appreciation for sarcasm.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
mostly dwight and phyllis from the office :)

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
oh yes, Greg House as well!

even though he''s actually mean with his comments.

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
Greg House from House. It is funny because he is so funny and a jerk at the same time. I have a little crush on him

I also like the office characters

Phil from Modern Family. He is always inappropriate and clueless.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Meredith- The Office
Jayma Mays (guidance counselor Emma Pillsbury)- on Glee
Phil (The main dad)- Modern Family

I guess I find the most humor in the characters that are just socially awkward!
3.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
being a wannabe theoretical physics geek myself, I have never felt about any character before as I do about Sheldon.

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/17/2009 10:47:16 AM
Author: radiantquest
Greg House from House. It is funny because he is so funny and a jerk at the same time. I have a little crush on him
6.gif
oooooh... that will make a good topic for a new thread. will do it tomorrow.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/17/2009 9:25:51 AM
Author: cammy85
1. Barny Stinson - HIMYM

2. Sheldon from ''Big Bang Theory''

With classics like ''Bazinga!'' and things like ''What part of an inverse tangent approaching an asymptote don''t you understand!?'' I love it!

This.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Anyone from The Office. I love all of the things that go on in the background.

Barney and Marshall from HIMYM. "It''s gonna be legen- wait for it and I hope you''re not lactose intolerant because the second part is DAIRY"

Phoebe on Friends

Kurt from Glee

Alan on Two and a Half Men

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/17/2009 8:35:42 AM
Author:noelwr

almost everything he does and says is hilarious. I think it''s fantastic that this guy who used to be Doogie Howser has worked so hard to get out of that type-cast role. furthermore, it''s funny that this gay actor plays a womanizer.
When I read your thread topic, THIS was the first character I thought of! LOVE his role, he''s friggin amazing.

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
Almost everyone on 30 Rock. Kills me every time.

And I agree with those that said Emma from Glee (Jayma)

cammy85

Shiny_Rock
"Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock, and as it always has, rock crushes scissor." Courtesy of Sheldon

And Barney Stinson is awe...wait for it...some!

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
Sue Sylvester (Jane Lynch) on Glee. Her one-liners leave me rolling on the floor.

Creed (Creed Bratton) on the Office. His comments are always so completely off topic and random.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/17/2009 11:41:59 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk

1. Barny Stinson - HIMYM

With classics like ''Bazinga!'' and things like ''What part of an inverse tangent approaching an asymptote don''t you understand!?'' I love it!

This.
We say bazinga at work now!...sheldon is hilarious!

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
Ditto on Sheldon.

Not a character role, but Adam on Mythbusters cracks me up--he is just a character! The enthusiasm of a three year old and the attention span of a gnat.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/17/2009 9:33:10 AM
Author: monarch64

Ari on Entourage

ETA: oh, we are supposed to say why we think these characters are funny. Um...I guess I just have a healthy appreciation for sarcasm.

Oh my God, YES. Also, everyone on Arrested Development and Larry David from Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Also, ditto to Sue on Glee and Creed on the Office. They crack me up every time.

ETA: And Alec Baldwin on 30 Rock! Man, I guess I just laugh a lot.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/17/2009 1:09:55 PM
Author: ladypirate

Ari on Entourage

Oh my God, YES. Also, everyone on Arrested Development and Larry David from Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Also, ditto to Sue on Glee and Creed on the Office. They crack me up every time.
Forgot about AD!

AWESOME show. Everyone is hilarious!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/17/2009 1:11:53 PM
Author: elledizzy5
Date: 12/17/2009 1:09:55 PM

Author: ladypirate

Ari on Entourage

Forgot about AD!

AWESOME show. Everyone is hilarious!

I know! I always want to be like "oh, this one character is my favorite!" but then I realize that another character is ALSO my favorite and I CANNOT CHOOSE. Amazing ensemble cast.

ETA: And total ditto on the janitor from Scrubs. I forgot how funny scrubs was because I haven't watched since around season 4, but I used to love it.

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/17/2009 11:55:42 AM
Author: kama_s
Date: 12/17/2009 8:35:42 AM

Author:noelwr

When I read your thread topic, THIS was the first character I thought of! LOVE his role, he''s friggin amazing.

Big fat ditto, he was the first person to come to mind before even opening this thread. He''s hil.... wait for it wait for it... arious.

I''ve found myself thinking Robyn is really funny too lately. They''ve made her into this character who tries so hard to be funny and fails so badly that she actually succeeds. I have a few friends like that so she always cracks me up.

Vancity

Shiny_Rock
Do TV commercials count?

I *love* the little chubby blonde boy, with the red truck, in the ALLY commercials!

The look they captured on his face is PRICELESS
36.gif

Cracks me up everytime. I just wanna squeeze him, he''s so darn cute
9.gif

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/17/2009 12:33:46 PM
Author: stephbolt
Sue Sylvester (Jane Lynch) on Glee. Her one-liners leave me rolling on the floor.

Creed (Creed Bratton) on the Office. His comments are always so completely off topic and random.
Hahah I love how many scenes have Creed just creeping over someones shoulder. The best instance of this was during Jim and Pam''s rehearsal dinner.. My roommate and I kept rewinding and watching. He''s just hysterical.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
1. Barny Stinson - HIMYM

OMG- These are two of my most favorite characters!
Bazinga! and "Possimpable"... Some of my favorite quotes!

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Barney and Sheldon are two of my favorites.

I also love to read the little rants Chuck Loree puts at the end of his shows.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results