shape
carat
color
clarity

which is the best site for airline deals? or which airline for deals?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
I live in St. Pete, Florida and FI is in Seattle, Washington. I''m trying to find tickets to get there for Labor Day weekend (leaving 9/3 afternoon and back 9/7 anytime, but everything is starting to get up in price (around $450 for a flight). On tuesday, I saw flights for under $300. I know price will fluctuate til then, but which airline or website to PSers use to get airline deals?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I almost always use Southwest airlines, but they are picky about which airports they will go to, so I don''t know if that will help.

I''ve also been getting email from bing travel, so you might check them out...

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
What airport will you fly out of? St. Pete doesn't have a major one, right, so would you go out of Orlando or Fort Lauderdale? I like Kayak.com and Travelocity because they let you do searches that are flexible by date, and also will search surrounding airports to see if they are cheaper. Also you can sign up for email alerts when prices drop. Then, there's always Priceline if you aren't too picky about choosing your times of departure.

I did a quick search for MCO to SEA, and unfortunately the cheapest is still $405. For FLL to SEA, it's about the same. Typical for a holiday weekend, for that long a trip. Can you fly out Wednesday night rather than Thursday? Wednesdays are sometimes cheaper.

PS-I'm a huge JetBlue fan, since they fly out of the airport in my city direct to pretty much everywhere I want to go, and they have some crazy sales.

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
i don''t have a best site to offer, but i must warn you not to use orbitz, i had a terrible experience with them when FI and i couldn''t make a trip because his father passed away, i kept telling them what happened but it took several phone calls (with someone from either india or philippines) and many weeks after to receive my paper tickets back even tho they were the ones who told me to send them to them in the first place, i took the tickets straight to american airlines and they gave us our money back, it was just horrible
38.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I use Expedia.com to find all the majority of the carriers in one shot and what the fare may cost then after finding the airline with the lowest cost on expedia, I go straight to the carrier's website its usually about $5-$10 less than expedia since they don't have to pay commission to them, although I don't think Southwest is contracted with Expedia so it won't be listed on their site.

April20

Ideal_Rock
Kayak is my favorite since it searches multiple sites at once. I generally find my best deals there. The other recommendation I would have is to watch the weekly specials from Southwest. I know they fly into Seattle. not sure if they fly to St Pete or if there is someplace close enough to make it worth it, but you can get some good deals. Is Alaska Air running any specials? They are a code share with Delta and Delta flies to every city large and small in Florida (or just about).

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
We usually use Orbitz and we''ve never had any issues. I''ve tried Booking Buddy and Kayak and a few others but after a while, I get overwhelmed trying to compare every little thing. Sometimes looking at airlines'' direct sites can help. You might be able to get cheaper fares. Not always but it worked for us once or twice.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results