shape
carat
color
clarity

which floor lamp do you like?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Pricescopers, Although choosing a floor lamp is not as hard as deciding on an engagement ring, I was wondering if you could give your opinion on the following. I think I know which lamp I like best, but as usual it is the most expensive.
6.gif
I am willing to splurge if it is really that much better, but I thought I''d run them past you without prices to see if what I like is commonly liked. I''ll put the descriptions below, and then I''ll past the best I can do on pictures. Unfortunately there was no easy way to copy the pictures of the lamps, so my paste won''t be the greatest, but if it''s too bad, I can give you the website, and you can see much closer up. So here goes. (Oh and if you don''t like any of them, let me know that too!)

Kathy Ireland Regal Medallion Swingarm Floor Lamp (98123)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
European Country styling from Kathy Ireland Home Gallery''s Regal Medallion Collection. Swingarm feature allows you to concentrate light just where you need it for reading or other tasks. Classic gold finish with real marble fonts and a soft silk shade. Includes a nightlight in the base for a soft evening glow. 3-way switch. Uses one 150 watt bulb (not included). Comes with one 7 watt nightlight bulb. 62 1/2" high.

Kathy Ireland Regal Medallion Six-Way Floor Lamp (98115)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Traditional styling & elegant lines give this floor lamp a classic look befitting any setting. European Country styling from Kathy Ireland Home Gallery''s Regal Medallion Collection. Features a built-in night light, real marble fonts and a soft silk shade. Classic gold finish. Uses one 100 watt bulb & three 60 watt bulbs (not included). Comes w/ one 7 watt nightlight bulb. 63" high

French Revival Six-Way Floor Lamp (03795)
Oh la la! A charming, eye-pleasing floor lamp evokes the elegance of turn-of-the-century Paris. This handsome floor lamp features a French bronze finish and a faux leather shade. Four lights give up to six different lighting schemes. Takes one 3-way 150 watt bulb and three 60 watt bulbs. (Bulbs not included.) Measures 58" high. Shade measures 13" across the top, 16" across the bottom and 9 1/2" high.

Kathy Ireland Amor Collection Floor Lamp (21809)
European Country styling from Kathy Ireland Home Essentials'' Amor Collection. This double pull chain floor lamp makes a simple, quietly elegant statement. It comes in a sleek antique bronze finish. Features real brown marble accents and a taupe color bell shade. Takes two 60 watt bulbs (not included). Measures 60" high. Shade measures 7" across the top, 17" across the bottom and 12" on the slant.

lamps.jpg

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
I like the French best, then I think the Regal Medallion.... They''re all nice though! Be sure to let us know which one you choose!

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2005 3:19:45 PM
Author: albicocca
I like the French best, then I think the Regal Medallion.... They''re all nice though! Be sure to let us know which one you choose!
Ditto.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I like the French better as well!! It looks a litle more lively than the rest of them!!
30.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow - me too, how funny.

Love the french first, then the regal!!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
only the French....

peace, movie zombie

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yup I like the French one as well.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i don''t think i''ve seen such total agreement on anything here at pricescope!!!! i looked again at the pictures and its still only the French for me.

let us know what you decide, please.

peace,movie zombie

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I guess the French is the popular favorite! I''m glad I asked, because I was leaning toward the Regal Medallion 6-way, which is a lot more expensive than the French. The French was my runner-up, & I had a feeling it wasn''t worth the extra cost to get the RM. So I''m glad the less expensive one was the unanimous favorite - you all saved me a lot of money!!!
1.gif
One of my only hesitations in the French is the lamp shade, it says "faux leather shade." So you don''t think that sounds weird at all? I wish I could see them in person...

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
My mom just bought one very similar to the swingarm one you posted and we love it!

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
I like the French and then the Regal, but I like the color of the Regal shade better.

I did notice that the French is the only one with a square base and the base is fairly large, which is good because there is less of a chance that it will fall over if it is knocked. The base of the Armor is small and looks like it would fall right over.
2.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
none of the above

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
French! I like the bigger shades...the first one looks like the shade is too small. Then Regal 6 way is my second.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
What gives? Where did you hide the diamond? You must have superimposed some image so we would all choose the same one...

French

Regal second

I like the swing arm feature...but with the ones chosen , Long Live the French!

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Hello to all who helped with this decision! I am thinking of changing my username to something like "slow decision maker" because it takes me so long to accomplish anything. Still haven''t ordered the lamp, for various reasons including being out-of-town, then having guests over, and now my husband''s 84-year-old aunt stay with us after breaking her wrist. Not much time for lamp shopping, let alone starting to explore options for resetting my eng. diamond into a white setting.

Anyway, I do plan to order the French, after the nearly unanimous preference! I also was at a friend''s house just after I asked you all if the faux leather shade sounded weird. She had some lamps with faux leather shades, and they looked nice! I also want to order a totally different floor lamp for another room, which I might run past you in a different thread.

Thanks to everyone for their input, and thank you strmrdr for the other suggestions. They aren''t quite my style; I like more traditional, classic ones. But I do appreciate all suggestions anyway!!

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
I like the French one as well, it looks like the one my grandma gave me, it was a wedding gift to them. I LOVE IT!
30.gif
I don''t use the lamp shade though.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results