shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to wear 3-stone anniversary ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

michelejo

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone, I''m new here and have been anxious to ask this question of people who might *know* the answer.
2.gif
I understand if may be subjective, but would still like input. My husband thinks that I should wear my new ring on my right hand and continue to wear my original set on my left as always. I feel it should be the opposite...new ring on left hand and old on right, especially since we will be renewing our vows with the new ring.

Either way, I don''t want to take off the original and put it in a drawer since it has so much sentimental value to me (having worn it for 10 years). We even considered using the center diamond from it as a side diamond in a new ring, but I didn''t want to dismantle my original.

So, is there some sort of rule of thumb?

Thanks in advance!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
During the forgotten time when the anyversary ring was a white band (as oposed to the yellow gold one from the wedding) both bands were suposed to be worn side by side. This is the only 'rule' I ever knew about anyversary rings... I guess this is strictly not feasible, so no rules apply, as far as I know. Even in the small circle of US friends I have, all conceivable versions were embraced by at least one person at some point in time. One general observation seems to emmerrge though: the anyversary ring does not really have to stay on one finger for all ages, in time each wearere seems to pick one arangement. The versions I remember precisely were, for example: to wear the anyversary (A-ring) on the middle finger near the E-ring&band set; to wear the A-ring on either middle finger or ring finger on the right hand; to wear A-ring near E-ring without the wedding band (this was the strangest, but sparkliest though) and to wear A-ring or the e-ring&wedding band set in turns. Are there any hard rules in your circle of friends?

michelejo

Rough_Rock
Hmmm, I haven't been able to get any input on this among the people we know. We're relatively new to the area and the only person I know who has a 3-stone a-ring is my mil. She wears it on the left hand and no longer wears her original e-ring and wedding band at all.

I should mention that my e-ring/band are one piece. They are soldered together, as the band is quite thin and did not stay flush against the e-ring. The whole piece isn't flat along either edge (it's kind of a twist) so I can't stack it with anything. It's also small (the center diamond is about .33 and is flanked by two teensy diamonds) and seems to me that the flashier one should be on the left hand, especially since it isn't obvious that the first is a wedding set, really.

My husband has been planning since the beginning to replace the original ring with something larger (he was 19, in college with no $$ and working p/t when he bought the first) but I don't want it replaced. That's how we settled on the a-ring idea...just can't agree on which hand it should be worn!
tongue.gif

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
I have seen people do both. I do have a practical suggestion though. Since your new a-ring is significantly bigger, maybe wear it on your non-dominant hand so that you are less likely to do damage to it. But, whatever you decide, enjoy your ring!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 12/19/2003 8:11:08 AM michelejo wrote:

) but I don't want it replaced. That's how we settled on the a-ring idea...just can't agree on which hand it should be worn!
tongue.gif

----------------

You answered your own Question. You don't want to "replace" your ring. By placing the anniversary ring on your left hand *will* be replacing that ring.
9.gif
Ultimately, do what makes you happy.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
My first reaction was to agree with your husband -- wear the a-ring on the right hand. However, realizing that your wedding set is smaller and you are renewing your vows with the new ring, it also becomes a symbolic ring, not just a gift, so your solution also makes sense. I'd do whatever looks better, is more comfortable, and makes you happiest. Especially if you plan to wear them both most of the time.

Such a problem to have!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results