shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to look for pretty fall/winter boots?

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Where to look for pretty fall/winter boots? Not true snow boots, more like casual wear boots - no/low heel, comfortable, reasonably priced.

I wear black leggings often, so would black boots be best? (I really want medium brown, though. Thanks.

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a great experience with Zappos this summer! They have a huge selection and it is easy to search based on pretty much anything you want. They upgraded me to 2 day shipping free. No problems ordering/returning/ordering/returning... Super quick turn around of refunds (I think I had them in just over a week from sticking the shoes back in the mail).

They even had a bouquet of flowers delivered to my home!

Take a look at:
rsvp Elvira
Vigotti Salla
Merrell Captiva

Anyway...
Those are just a few. They've got thousands!

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Wow, thanks so very much, TP. :D

I love the first ones, the rsvp in the chocolate color. My only concern is that the foot bed/sole seems unsupportive and I've got a bad back. I love the taller height and color and all else.

That was really nice of you to browse for me.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
I bought these Frye boots from Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/FRYE-Womens-Melissa-Button-Knee-High/dp/B002VECRU4). They seem to have better prices. Prices change day to day there, so I usually put stuff on my wishlist and use something like camelcamelcamel.com to track the prices of the stuff on my wishlist and notify me when stuff goes on sale. My boots were $100 off the day I bought them but they have since gone back to the regular price.

I think brown boots are totally fine with black leggings as long as you keep your top neutral too (white, navy, brown, maybe olive). I usually tend to wear black boots with black leggings though as I feel like that elongates the leg (I'm only 5'3 and need all the help I can get).

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nordstroms is having their sale right now :naughty: They had some pretty good prices on a couple pair I had been watching for a discount..

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
I got some Ariat boots for my birthday last year from Country Outfitter:
http://www.countryoutfitter.com/?gclid=CJSz96Wo4roCFURp7AodSEoA8w&gclsrc=aw.ds

Mine are distinctly cowboy boots, but they have lots of styles. They are seriously the most comfortable shoes I own. Mine are brown and I am contemplating a black pair this year- either Ariat or Frye are my favorite brands.

I've had really good shopping experiences with Zappos, too, so I second TooPatient's recommendation!

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
I just got the new Sundance catalog and they have some fnky boot. Too spendy for me now since I don't work, ut they look great.

NewShiny

Shiny_Rock
I got some Born boots last year that were so dark brown they looked black but could be worn with either black or brown. I love love love these boots so much I bought them for my sister for her birthday. We both get compliments on them all the time.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/born-roxie-boot-nordstrom-exclusive-online-only-color/3549445?origin=PredictiveSearch-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=6016869&fashionColor=&resultback=285&cm_sp=personalizedsort-_-searchresults-_-1_2_D

I think you are looking for tall boots, but in case you are open to shorter ones I just picked up these "booties" that fit all of your other requirements. They are SO comfy, can be worn with pants or a skirt and tights, and dressed up or down.

http://www.belk.com/AST/Main/Belk_Primary/Shoes/Shop/Womens/Boots/PRD~2900611KAVA/Kava+Bootie.jsp?cm_mmc=Search%20-%20Google-_-PLA%20Basic%20Campaign-_-PLA%20Primary%20AdGroup-_-AutoTargets&ktid=311-000000&gclid=CN27ir7c5LoCFW_NOgodRxcA-Q

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to say thanks again, all. Great ideas & I really appreciate your help & efforts. I see a few I like that you picked out, so I haven't been able to decide yet.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Mayk|1384363404|3555820 said:
Nordstroms is having their sale right now :naughty: They had some pretty good prices on a couple pair I had been watching for a discount..

I second Nordstrom's! If you wear black leggings a lot I would go with more of a cognac color as opposed to a darker brown! I bought these from Nordstrom's a couple of weeks ago in the Banana Bread color! so so comfy and the color works with everything! My calves are a little too big for regular calf, so I prefer to go with the wide calf so I don't have to feel snug in the reg calf size.

http://www.zappos.com/naturalizer-juletta-wide-calf-banana-bread-leather

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Check out duo.com. They have amazing boots and they come in many circumference widths so they fit perfectly which is a plus if you have thinner or thicker calves. These are the only boots I have been buying the last few years and I think I have over a dozen pairs and they all fit perfectly like they were made just for me. Shipping is free from the UK unless you get a sale pair and then it is only $20 shipping. The cost is reasonable and the quality is lovely.

http://www.duoboots.com/us/US_15/l/?cm_mmc=PPC+-+Google+-+US-_-Brand-_-Brand+DUO-_-duo+com

If you use coupon code US15 you can get 15% off your first order!

Rose974

Rough_Rock
Zappos! They have great sales. I just received my order today. Steve Madden-Madden Girl boots. They are my day to day boots for the winter but stylish as well. I also may have gotten pink suede heels :lol:

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Which ones did you get, Rose? As for Zappos sales, all I see is where they list the sales price on the website. I signed up for the e-mails but never got any. There is a pair of Madden Girls I think I'm going to get. They are not "quality" but I just like the look the best so far.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ru La La is also a great place.. but you have to be FAST.. I picked up a pair of Donld J. Pliner's Black Riding boots (style since I don't ride a motorcycle or a horse) for $129.00. They had a few brands today when I looked... it changes everyday if you haven't shopper there before.

starshine

Shiny_Rock
missy|1384523136|3556970 said:
Check out duo.com. They have amazing boots and they come in many circumference widths so they fit perfectly which is a plus if you have thinner or thicker calves. These are the only boots I have been buying the last few years and I think I have over a dozen pairs and they all fit perfectly like they were made just for me. Shipping is free from the UK unless you get a sale pair and then it is only $20 shipping. The cost is reasonable and the quality is lovely.

http://www.duoboots.com/us/US_15/l/?cm_mmc=PPC+-+Google+-+US-_-Brand-_-Brand+DUO-_-duo+com

Which ones do you have, Missy? I just got a catalog for these and was intrigued! Love that you can get the perfect calf width! Any tips on measuring?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Starshine|1384698544|3557970 said:
missy|1384523136|3556970 said:

Which ones do you have, Missy? I just got a catalog for these and was intrigued! Love that you can get the perfect calf width! Any tips on measuring?

Hi starshine, I have been purchasing duo boots for a fewyears now so have more than a dozen. I can't remember all the names but a few I can-
Tilia
Camellia
Cesano
Hawthorne
Yarrow
Volterra
and I am crazy because when I like what arrives I often order another pair in the same or different color if available. I tend to go for the equestrian styles. As far as measuring your calf just measure the biggest part of your calf. I'm 32.5 cm wide so my boots run from 32-34 cm for a perfect fit.

I have never had to return any of them. Make sure to watch the video that most of them have so you can get an idea of fit/look IRL. Hope it works out for you.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just got my 2nd pair of Duo boots in the mail. Used the coupon code TAILORED20 for 20% off but don't know if that's still working. I got black knee high equestrian flat boots this time. Already have lug soled whisky brown distressed kind of nubuck finish knee high boots for a couple years now and love them. I do size up a bit in the size and put in gel insoles for extra cush. (back problems!)

Will try to remember what the name of mine are. The leather is luxe and fit was perfect again. I also have a pair of Frye Leslie Zip black booties with a cuban heel that I've loved loved loved -- if you're looking for a shorter boot. (Purchased with some kind of 20-30% off coupon code at some random sale a year ago. They come up from time to time.)

edited to add style of most recent DUO boot purchase: BEAUMONT.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
decodelighted|1384741575|3558254 said:
I just got my 2nd pair of Duo boots in the mail. Used the coupon code TAILORED20 for 20% off but don't know if that's still working. I got black knee high equestrian flat boots this time. Already have lug soled whisky brown distressed kind of nubuck finish knee high boots for a couple years now and love them. I do size up a bit in the size and put in gel insoles for extra cush. (back problems!)

Will try to remember what the name of mine are. The leather is luxe and fit was perfect again. I also have a pair of Frye Leslie Zip black booties with a cuban heel that I've loved loved loved -- if you're looking for a shorter boot. (Purchased with some kind of 20-30% off coupon code at some random sale a year ago. They come up from time to time.)

edited to add style of most recent DUO boot purchase: BEAUMONT.

Thanks for reminding me about that Deco...forgot to mention that I put arch supports in all of my boots (and shoes) now because my feet (especially my right one) kill without them. Plantar fasciitis. Sucks big time and even with arch supports I have to stretch lots.

Enjoy the Beaumont- looks like a beautiful boot!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
missy|1384741919|3558258 said:
Enjoy the Beaumont- looks like a beautiful boot!
Thanks, Missy. I envy your boot brigade! ;-)

starshine

Shiny_Rock
decodelighted|1384742118|3558262 said:
If I was in the market for mid-brown boots right now ... I'd def go for these: http://www.duoboots.com/us/womens-boots/tan-leather/denver/d/

Nice! I like these, too http://www.duoboots.com/us/womens-boots/brown-leather-/flore/d/

I went ahead and ordered the Beaumont in black. Can't wait until they get here! Thanks for the feedback Missy & Deco!

I had already ordered these during Nordstrom's sale http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/sam-edelman-penny-boot/3302621 and am waiting for them to arrive.

starshine

Shiny_Rock
WOW! My Duo boots arrived today! They are gorgeous and fit great! :love: So excited!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
4 out of my 7 boots are from amazon, 2 were from nordstrom, and the last one was from nordstrom rack. Of the Frye I have, the paige tall riding boots and carmen short (though not flat) are the most comfy. Brown boots is fine with black leggings.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Starshine|1385000315|3560248 said:
WOW! My Duo boots arrived today! They are gorgeous and fit great! :love: So excited!

Yay! Glad you are pleased with your purchase.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results