shape
carat
color
clarity

Where's Gypsy?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Come back, Gypsy!! we miss you and NEED your helpful advice and input!!! Its just not 'PS" without you... :((

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Gypsy has unfortunately violated one of our policies recently and is taking an enforced break. We hope she will agree to follow our policies and be back on the forum soon. :))

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
justginger|1357545405|3349281 said:
Again? I totally missed this offense. :(sad
what did she say?... :confused: link to the thread?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is lame. Gypsy I hope you come back soon, god forbid I break a rule, or a rib, LOL... :wavey:

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Bummer.

How many more sleeps? It ain't nearly as entertainin'...

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I"m pretty sure the offense was with a PS vendor who pretty much deserved the tongue lashing she gave him (if I'm correct). I'm sorry Gypsy was given a time-out and hope she comes back soon. I find her advise to be invaluable in RT. Plus she is my dover ring twin!

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
Sarahbear621|1357650613|3350193 said:
I"m pretty sure the offense was with a PS vendor who pretty much deserved the tongue lashing she gave him (if I'm correct). I'm sorry Gypsy was given a time-out and hope she comes back soon. I find her advise to be invaluable in RT. Plus she is my dover ring twin!

I remember this post...not sure what kind of policy violation that would be though.

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Sarahbear621|1357650613|3350193 said:

I thought that was the offense prior to this one. Was there ANOTHER blow up since then? :knockout:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Kaleigh|1357604801|3349959 said:
This is lame. Gypsy I hope you come back soon, god forbid I break a rule, or a rib, LOL... :wavey:

I agree! I didn't know there were enforced breaks! Jeezo, are we in middle school?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The break was not directly because of the conversation with the vendor (which I fully and completely agreed with her). She knows she broke a rule and it was in regard to criticizing the moderators of the site. I hope she won't mind me clearing up the potentially incorrect speculation here.

While I certainly miss Gypsy, I do think the current owner and moderators are very fair to members and are kind to give warnings when lines are crossed. They rarely give breaks to my knowledge. They have to enforce the few rules they have or the site would not be one we would want to be on. If we disagree with the handling of something and feel the need to express it, the contact has to be made privately to them.

justginger

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1357658850|3350282 said:
The break was not directly because of the conversation with the vendor (which I fully and completely agreed with her). She knows she broke a rule and it was in regard to criticizing the moderators of the site. I hope she won't mind me clearing up the potentially incorrect speculation here.

While I certainly miss Gypsy, I do think the current owner and moderators are very fair to members and are kind to give warnings when lines are crossed. They rarely give breaks to my knowledge. They have to enforce the few rules they have or the site would not be one we would want to be on. If we disagree with the handling of something and feel the need to express it, the contact has to be made privately to them.

I understand. And I agree with you re: the second paragraph. We are fortunate to have kind and attentive admins on this board. Others fall to pieces in mud-slinging and internal bickering while PS just keeps growing.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
she is back! saw her on RT!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am back. Thank you guys for all your kind words. :wavey:

Sometimes the risk is worth the reward. Certain vendors have been conspicuously absent. :halo:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
yay for your return!

there needs to be balance in life force or in our case- the BLING force!

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
Yay!!! Welcome back Gypsy. :appl:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome back, Gypsy! Looking forward to meeting you in LV at the GTG!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Great to have you back Gyspy!! I can think of lots of threads that were needing your insight!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
The Bling Force. Heheheheehe. Awesome.

Thanks guys. It's good to be "home".

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1358042556|3354208 said:
The Bling Force. Heheheheehe. Awesome.

Thanks guys. It's good to be "home".

:bigsmile:

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1357570194|3349416 said:
Come back, Gypsy!! we miss you and NEED your helpful advice and input!!! Its just not 'PS" without you... :((

It's not PS without her, is it? She's quite valuable around here. I understand the mod need to enforce rules, but surely they also need to understand that RT, the place a lot of new members post, is not the same at all without her. She points people quickly and efficiently in the right direction for choosing stones, usually with a PS vendor. I assume it's these same vendor's advertising that pays for this site and forum.

And if I'm gone now then you know where I went ;-)

I'm glad that you're back, Gypsy!

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Ladies and gentlemen please understand that we need to enforce the rules across the board for everyone, regardless of the length of their membership or addition to the boards.

There are few rules here and everyone needs to respect them to keep PS the nice place it is. We do not ask people to take breaks from the forum lightly, and it does not offen happen but sometimes we need to use it when warnings alone are not sufficient.

PS is what it is because of our rules. I suggest you read some other boards, without rules on decorum, and you will quickly see how mean and nasty these forums can get. Internet anonymity can bring out the worst and we just try to keep PS a nice place to be. :))

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to contact us privately. As a policy we do not discuss moderator actions on the board as they are not up for debate. This thread will now be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results