shape
carat
color
clarity

Where have all the Prices Scopers gone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
I had been a lurker for awhile before being able to log on(no cookies or something
33.gif
) and I''ve noticed alot of the regulars from last year are no longer posting. Do people just stay til they find what they are looking for and leave or what. Where in the world is Reena, Jennifer5973, Lovey etc......????

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
sending you a PM.

(p.s. your thread title has me singing "where have all the fllowers gone")

sistagrl2004

Shiny_Rock
I have been wondering the same thing. I rarely contribute, but I have been a lurker for a while. I really enjoyed everyones contributions and I don''t remember reading about a "blow up" like what happend on other boards. I too am curious.. Where is everyone?

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A great number of people use pricescope to educate themselves about diamonds and where to get a "good deal"; then get their diamond; and move on in life.

A few stay to post because this is a class forum and they have made freinds. But even some of those only occasionaly drop in.

I myself have debated this issue. Should I not be spending time doing other things - and how much should I participate since I do not believe I will be in the market soon. Even though I am still arround - I do not participate as much as I used to.

Let''s face it - there is life after pricescope; and some people have found it. I wish them all the best.

Perry

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
People come and go on PS all the time...even I who have been here for 3+ years have taken small breaks from time to time or if life gets really busy then I spend less time here...there was a period of time where I think I only posted 1ce a day for about 6 months! Hard to believe I know.
9.gif

Also sometimes people just move on and don't come back...there are a few old regulars that many of you probably don't even recall who I miss dearly!! Then there are even others...icy white anyone?!
31.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not IcyWhite! I was a lurker a LONG time before I was a poster!

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/28/2006 10:43:38 PM
Author:moon river
I had been a lurker for awhile before being able to log on(no cookies or something
33.gif
) and I''ve noticed alot of the regulars from last year are no longer posting. Do people just stay til they find what they are looking for and leave or what. Where in the world is Reena, Jennifer5973, Lovey etc......????
Some people do come and leave quickly once they get a ring, etc. Others fall into the "or what" case.....

While no song came into my mind after the "Where Have All the Flowers Gone" reference, the play "Romeo and Juliet" did....

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2006 7:04:01 PM
Author: Mara
People come and go on PS all the time...even I who have been here for 3+ years have taken small breaks from time to time or if life gets really busy then I spend less time here...there was a period of time where I think I only posted 1ce a day for about 6 months! Hard to believe I know.
9.gif

Also sometimes people just move on and don''t come back...there are a few old regulars that many of you probably don''t even recall who I miss dearly!! Then there are even others...icy white anyone?!
31.gif

LOL.... I was a lurker then.. Oh god...LOL

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2006 8:21:42 PM
Author: MINE!!

Date: 1/29/2006 7:04:01 PM
Author: Mara
9.gif

Also sometimes people just move on and don''t come back...there are a few old regulars that many of you probably don''t even recall who I miss dearly!! Then there are even others...icy white anyone?!
31.gif

LOL.... I was a lurker then.. Oh god...LOL
me too! Talk about some hearty laughs...

old timer

Rough_Rock
I also am a "lurker"! I am so new to this and still feel very self-conscious replying to all of you. (like you can really see me drinking wine with no make-up on!) I absolutely love this website,though.I''ve been in the jewelry industry (retail) for 33years and this gives me the opportunity to exercise my passion for my chosen profession. In addition, I think you are all a bunch of good folk. This is such a wonderful resource for education as well as good conversation. I raise my glass to all of you!

Vel

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
I was lucky enough to find Pricescope when browsing on the Internet looking for some diamond education. I''ve found it absolutely invaluable. Okay, so hubby and I bought my wedding set in July 2005 and we got married in November, but I can''t bring myself to cut off from Pricescope, because I have made many friends and quite honestly I have got hooked on diamonds and love to see what other people are considering, have bought, or just want to show off on Pricescope. It''s great to be happy for others during times of engagement or otherwise. I also enjoy ''hanging out'' with regular chit chat. It''s fun. There is a downside to Pricescope though.... it make you want more diamonds!

I''m sure people will come and go all the time, depending where they''re at in their lives. Pricescope can be very time consuming, but for me it''s a lifesaver, because there are days at work when I have little to do. It''s great to have such a wonderful source of information, tips and ideas, as well as just be able to have fun and laugh at some humor, as well as participate. I''d be lost without Pricescope.

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
I have been a part of PS a year in April as a lurker...I don''t recall exactly when I first posted...
emotion-40.gif
...I have had times when I have been on here moreso than other times. I lead a pretty busy life, but people here have been a true source of honesty and insight and that has been helpful to me, even after my recent purchase of my cushion.

There are some weeks that I look a bit but don''t respond...I think that''s normal...It''s all good. I usually find something that draws a response from me...like this topic...
emotion-5.gif

slammie

Shiny_Rock
hey guys, I''m back from the dead!! seriously though, I''m mostly a lurker too although I''ve been busy with a baby lately. Didn''t Jennifer change her user name to Flowers or something? And I do miss Reena..she used to crack me up!! Anyway, it''s great to see that regulars such as Mara (PS queen) still here and sharing their wealth of knowledge =)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i stay just to get on Mara''s nerve.
11.gif
must keep all the PS girls straight so they don''t fight.
31.gif

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
I guess it''s true, a lot of folk come to PS for diamond education etc. When they have made their purchase, they don''t bother coming back.

I guess the real ''die hards'' who have been around for ages, are the real obsessive compulsives!

Yeah...you all know who you are!

But seriously, I have made some really good friends on PS. And though I am not looking to upgrade or buy a diamond at the moment, I just enjoy looking at other peoples sparklies!

Bloddie
35.gif

aussiegirl

Rough_Rock
I am a long time "lurker" as well - same as old timer - you can''t see me here in my jammies with the wine!!!! I joined this forum last year when my husband and I were searching for my engagement and our wedding rings, and I have to say pricescope made my choice so much easier! I saved myself from buying a "dud" and got a gorgeous ring instead.... Since then we have had the wedding and bought a house, along with job changes and my interest has gone by the wayside... but I am back now! Looking at yellow diamonds and all the gorgeous jewellery I am gonna buy when the new job makes me the moula! Even though I have hardly ever posted, I take a huge amount of interest in the forums, and love all that I have learnt. I walk into normal retail chain b&m stores here in Australia and just think it is a joke for what they have on offer! I was even lucky enough to get some really good advice over the phone on a repair from Garry who is interstate from me, as I unfortunately bent the prongs on my ring when we moved
7.gif
. Just wanted to say HI - keep all the good advice coming!!

cheers
aussiegirl

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/28/2006 10:43:38 PM
Author:moon river
33.gif

I''m on and off. I absolutely love looking at the beautiful jewelry and stones. There''s also something uplifting about all of engagements/annivs: an exciting, optimistic energy around it... the adorable proposals, the goofy-lovestruck betrothed, the established couples still wanting to please each other. It''s just so darned sweet! LOL. This in addition to the usual suspe.. i mean...characters ''round here makes it a lot of fun!

Overall, It is a great place esp. for the internet which can get *extrmely dodgy. There have only been two people that i notice here at PS that are consistently, intentionally, and blatantly disrespectful and dismissive. One in particular. G-d only knows what her deal is... Sometimes I''ve been enjoying a thread & forgotten who I responded to and later realized... ''Oh yeah..that''s "Beetlejuice" again, why did i even waste my ''breath''''?! It''s sort of like walking around Paris looking at the architecture and stepping in poop by mistake. It just happens(shrug)... I scrape my shoes, watch my step a bit more and keep enjoying the city. Lol.
I feel most people leave because the search is over and/or real-life calls. Not necessarily over drama. What''s left is a fun group of friends, associates, obsessives, collectors, gals waiting on their guys/married romance junkies, etc.

I''ve been online since JHS(Compuserve and BBS anyone?) and find that you have to take it for what it is. It''s real but it''s not(with exceptions..I did meet my husband online). People come and go in online communities. Try to enjoy the good ones while they''re around!:>

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
re: finding what you''re looking for

oh yeh, i''m out of the market for important jewelry too so I do ask myself occasionally why I''m even around!

Sometimes I think that the vicarious thrill PS gives is helpful in tiding me over until I can get my dream piece.

Other days, it feels a bit like torture/teasing and plain ol'' obsession... That I''m constantly shopping/on the lookout/may never be satifisied. The dream morphs constantly.

It''s now as if there really is no Once and Future Dream Ring... "There is no spoon." LOL

...Everyone(friends, family) says that when the children are older I need to just give in and work in the jewelry field... That this energy should be focused in a creative direction. Being a consumer is a delightful part of life but it''s just a little one.

I''m trying to figure out what exactly fascinates me abt this stuff so.
34.gif

koko

Shiny_Rock
I just love this site....it''s so well run & easy to navigate, especially for a novice like me! And the pictures are lovely, looking at them will instantly lift ones mood! I''m not very up on internet etiquette, and just started posting w/o formally introducing myself
2.gif
, but no one seemed to mind. Right from the start Storm was wonderful & would reply with helpful answers. I feel somewhat guilty because I can''t fully participate since I don''t have a digital camera & wouldn''t know how to send pictures even if I did! However, my sister is a program analyst & big techie, so maybe I''ll go to her house & get her to do some photos one day.....(we''ve both upgraded our engagement rings this past year)......this is the only forum that I go to, partly because I don''t have the internet at work, but even so I don''t think I would roam around too much if I did. I just find the topics/responses, pictures, etc. really fun & interesting. Have a good day!
21.gif

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
BOO!

I''m a professional lurker.
emsmiled.gif

I pop in here at least once a week to drool over everyone''s sparklies and catch up on the latest gossip
35.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2006 9:28:35 AM
Author: Libster
BOO!

emsmiled.gif

I pop in here at least once a week to drool over everyone''s sparklies and catch up on the latest gossip
35.gif
Hey Libster! How''s it going?

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2006 9:56:25 AM
Author: sevens one

Date: 1/30/2006 9:28:35 AM
Author: Libster
BOO!

emsmiled.gif

35.gif
Hey Libster! How''s it going?
Yeah, and how''s the new pup?

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
Well I wouldn't consider myself a long-timer here or anything and I didn't lurk for too long before posting so I never really felt (or even now) feel a part of the "crowd" here enough to reminisce. But I have thought about this general subject of late... bear with me as I ruminate..

I've been thinking if it is best to to stay at a place only to get what you need and move on when that time has been met. I don't see anything wrong with staying at a forum long-term, especially if one kind of has a base and friends there etc like many here to seem to. But I wonder if the ultimate goal should be to eventually move on. I wonder if it's healthy to stay for what I guess you could sum up as 2 marked reasons. I love looking at all the rings, and I enjoy watching the personalities and dynamics but ultimately the temptation at a place like this is really great and my blood is not rich enough to afford a diamond habit! I feel like hanging around is a bad idea if I you can't keep things in balance - or if you are staying at a place that seems to make it easier to not be satisified with what you have. I know that is probably not the intention but it certainly makes it easier, in an environment where everyone is comfortable with looking for the next big thing and rah-rahing each other accordingly. It's not an issue if everything is in check and what you desire is not a burden..... I'm not so sure *I* can claim that at this point in my life.

The other aspect is I have always been an introvert and drawn to the intimacy of the Internet.. this is not to say I am abnormal or a hermit or anything that extreme but I did meet my fiance at a message board years ago. I don't really like the addictive aspect. It's so easy to lose the hours at a forum and all the intricacies of the people you are talking to, the little world you're in. I guess some people do not take it so seriously... but I *want* to be liked and feel like part of it if it's a place I want to stay. I suspect I am probably on-the-outs with at least a few of the core members here due to an early bout in board drama and even that bothers me a bit.

I guess the healthy thing is balance. For someone like myself with an addictive personality, finding it is not always so easy though. If you use a forum as a hobby or a temporary stage in your life you won't become entagled but you may not get as much out of it as a seasoned member. And you might miss the opportunity of making a really good friend. (ie Kaleigh/Nan, Mara/AlJ)

ah well. just sharing my probably not-very-organized thoughts.

in the same vein It is nice to see you back again, kayla!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sarita, I can identify with some of your thoughts on being involved in a forum for a length of time. This is the first forum I''ve really taken an interest in, and I do find that I spend much more time on the computer than before I found PS. However, I also happened upon it going into the fall/winter months (in the upper Midwest) when I don''t spend a lot of time outdoors, doing things with friends or otherwise, so I have to say that''s my excuse for now. If you see me on here come June as often as you do now, please don''t hesitate to tell me I have a serious problem!!!
face21.gif

As far as drama on these sites goes...I think seeing words in print rather than actually hearing them from someone''s mouth obviously makes a huge difference in the way they are perceived. Also, sometimes people feel that their anonymous status gives them the freedom to be careless in their verbalization of opinions/thoughts. I guess the other side of that stance is that you have to have a thicker skin and realize that as long as you''re being true to yourself and not infringing on anyone else''s views or opinions you''re probably doing just fine, drama or no drama.

I plan to stay as long as I possibly can...I really enjoy seeing everyone''s sparklies and purchases, whether they are wedding/engagement related, or something they bought for their home, or photos of their pets, and I also like the fact that there are a wide range of ages/cultures here to present a whole spectrum of ideas! It''s like going to the coffee shop without coming home and having to pee all night!!
36.gif

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Gosh! I didn''t realize how many people lurk on PS! I do it a lot myself. Most times I come in and catch up on the engagements and new sparklies. I have encountered a few people here who are just great and that is why I come back. Plus like others have said PS is a well managed and user-friendly forum. It''s about the only one that I take a real interest in and look forward to coming to regularly. There may come a time when I move on, but I see nothing wrong with hanging out here and there. I look forward to reading about the wedding plans and all, and there are certain people who post and I always marvel at how well put the answers are. And one thing I am really surprised about is that people here seem to be very supportive when folks post their problems and ask for advice. This is surprising because in "real life" you don''t get such a positive response in many cases. And the LAST thing is that I like about PS is that I have been able to improve my computer and picture taking skills.
2.gif

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
:) hi there. I''m here! I''m here!

I can''t speak for any of the others, but I''ve just been really busy. Back at school and starting a new career- not much time to surf the web. I miss my pricescope friends and often check in this forum to see what the fabulous Ms. Blueroses has posted (like that David Hasselhof thing that other day-LMAO)..or check on the LIWs (OMG Innerkitten had a BABY??) or the Brides (what is that Melissa Sue up to now) or....(of course) the new blings.

thanks for remembering me tho-that really made my day :) I''m always amazed at what a nice community this is..

take care

lovey

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
YAY!!! I conjured up LOVEY!!!!!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results