shape
carat
color
clarity

When is too much jewellery too much??

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
By that, I mean wearing it all at once? My most important pieces that I all but sleep in, are my wedding rings. They are precious & beautiful & I like them to be the star of the show. I usually also wear diamond studs & a floating diamond necklace on a 16 inch chain every day. I also have a pretty 3 diamond garland ring (.10 pointers each) for my RH that hubby bought me for my 1st birthday as Mrs T, and a 1 carat oval pink sapphire solitaire ring, both set also in platinum. But sometimes I feel like a RH ring detracts from my wedding rings?

And I absolutely adore my 2 single station DBTY bracelettes that hubby bought (a diamond one & a pink sapphire one), but given that I have a diamond set watch, I could end up looking like Dame Edna Everedge!! So I find myself not wearing my necklace if i wear either or both DBTY's stacked, or not wearing my watch etc, for fear of looking a bit jingle jangle :-o

So what do you ladies consider too much? What do you usually wear each day? At what point do you think things can start to look a bit tasteless & tacky?

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
Hehe, it's so subjective...

On a daily basis I wear my solitaire and 5 stone band on left ring finger, a diamond nose stud (it's a .25 TERRIBLY cut stud), tiny ACA cartilage studs, ACA leverbacks (1.2 ctw) in the main ear piercing and a simple Citizen/Seiko watch. If I'm going out, I usually also wear a diamond solitaire pendant and my pink diamond RHR (the diamond is my avatar). I don't think the whole effect is blingy but when you're wearing that many ideal-cut diamonds, even if they're tiny, it's probably a blingathon especially on a sunny day. :tongue: Personally I think wearing a bunch of smaller diamonds is fine... it's better than wearing larger costume jewelry (I'm thinking ladies who wear J Lo style hoops etc) or Real Housewives type ladies who wear 3 carat diamonds all over their ears/wrists/necks etc. I also think personality and body type plays a part. I am tiny but I have a very flamboyant personality so it all works out. :bigsmile:

All that being said, I'd rather err on wearing a bit more stuff than not wearing what I like and have stuff languishing in a box. :Up_to_something:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When it's so heavy you can't stand up.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Too much?? What's that?

Isn't there an old saying...something like, that you should put on everything you want to wear, and then take one thing off. Along those lines, anyway. Ahem, I've never done that. :razz:

--- Laurie

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
JewelFreak|1364065004|3411831 said:
Too much?? What's that?

Isn't there an old saying...something like, that you should put on everything you want to wear, and then take one thing off. Along those lines, anyway. Ahem, I've never done that. :razz:

--- Laurie

Yeah, Coco Chanel said that. I tried it once, ended up putting on more! :lol:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
rubyshoes|1364066482|3411843 said:
JewelFreak|1364065004|3411831 said:
Too much?? What's that?

--- Laurie

Yeah, Coco Chanel said that. I tried it once, ended up putting on more! :lol:

Atta girl!!! :appl: So that's who that came from, thanks, Rubyshoes, I always wondered.

--- Laurie

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I don't understand the question!?

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the funny answers. :lol:

I think it is all up to you to decide. I wear my ering, anniversary band, a RHR, earrings, a pendant and one or two thin bracelets everyday. On lazy days I don't dig out a pendant and bracelets.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Too much jewelry? Surely that is an oxymron!

I don't work outside the home and sometimes hang around in the dreaded velour track suits but I am ALWAYS wearing jewelry--a couple of bracelets, at least two rings and some kind of neckpiece. I'm rather ashamed at the amount of bling I own and frequently try to rotate items. My husband once said if he had to identify my body just by the jewelry I was wearing I would probably end up in an unmarked grave because he can't keep up with my collection.

Restraint is a foreign word to me........

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhh, Mr T. Not my other half, but I did meet him once in the late 80's when I was very young :))
Don't think he would answer my question as constructively as you ladies have :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL- love Coco! She could pull anything off for sure! :appl:

For me, I am truly a minimalist at heart so not sure what I'm doing with all this jewelry haha.
I usually only wear my ER and WB, earrings, watch and occasionally a necklace. But I never go without at least my ER, WB, watch and earrings. If we are going out to a nice restaurant, party or another more dress up reason I will wear a bracelet perhaps but I don't like to wear more than one statement piece usually so if I am wearing one of my very blingy earrings I will not wear a statemtent necklace but a more delicate one. It just doesn't look/feel right for me. Though I know some of my family think I am blinged out even when I don't *think* I am lol so perhaps they are even more minimalistic (is this a word?) than me.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I usually just wear a pair of earrings, my engagement ring, and my wedding band. Occasionally I wear a RHR, too, but that's it. I don't wear necklaces or bracelets. I'm not crazy about the look of several rings per hand, so I keep it very simple.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There's no such thing as too much bling, ha ha!! :wink2: :bigsmile:

On a daily basis, I wear:

- my 5.318ct solitaire ring or 3.5ct halo'ed pear ring (alternate, not at the same time lol)
- 3.5ctw+ each eternity band and/ or Tiffany Novo band
- 4ctw+ stud earrings (used to and am awaiting my new-ish studs)
- 8ctw approx bracelet
- PP Nautilus watch

I am planning to get a RHR and a Riviere necklace which I will add to the above for more blingy occasions. :cheeky:

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
Phoenix|1364135098|3412275 said:

- my 5.318ct solitaire ring or 3.5ct halo'ed pear ring (alternate, not at the same time lol)
- 8ctw approx bracelet
- PP Nautilus watch

I am planning to get a RHR and a Riviere necklace which I will add to the above for more blingy occasions. :cheeky:

You are now my inspiration :praise:

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
Speaking of over-bling, in which parts of the country do people wear tons of jewelry all the time? Last year I was visiting LA and I was shocked by the rocks women were sporting on Rodeo Drive. Like 4 carat ERs everywhere! My wee .83 ER felt like a little baby there. :wacko:

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
I wear my 1cttw diamond studs, Whiteflash 3ct tennis bracelet, and either my .80 solitaire pendant or my WF 1.5ct DBTY necklace. I also wear my 5 stone, but not everyday.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix|1364135098|3412275 said:

- 8ctw approx bracelet
- PP Nautilus watch

ROCKSTAR!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
I sometimes wonder if I wear too much for my lifestyle. Everyday I wear my 2.80 eternity, 4.20 bezeled tennis bracelet, I never take off my 1.08 diamond pendant, the diamond came out of my ring from my late husband and I have a pair of bezeled .40ctw studs that I keep in my second hole. When I throw on my 1.50ctw studs I wonder....is it too much?

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you ladies :)) I don't think I am too blingy after all :D
And Phoenix! Wow! One day I want to bling like you! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results