shape
carat
color
clarity

What you all really should do on vacation...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Get out and meet the gemstone dealers and jewelers who you meet or here about on Pricescope.

Ya like jewelry, you like diamonds, you like gemstones...

You really should set up at least a few hours to talk shop and look at the goodies with these people --- even if you don''t buy anything.

Today, I spent about 1.5 hours at Pala International where I got the grand tour of the mineral specimins and looked partially through the gemstone valuts (and even selected a gemstone as well).

There is more information on this trip in the colored gemstone thread (and I''m not going to duplicate that here); but, it all started by me meeting Wink in person two years ago.

Just a small portion (a couple hours) out of a couple week vacation... But way more interesting than the 2 days I spend in Vegas.

Since starting here on Pricescope I have met Wink and Todd @ NiceIce in person. Now I have met Josh at Pala as well. What a great bunch of people; what interesting stuff they can connect you with. I am sure that many of the others who are scattered in other parts of the US or World are just as interesting and helpfull.

I know that there have been several threads on "what to do on vacation." Well, why don''t you build in a small peice related to jewelry and gemstones... even if it is only going to a good museum collection. Why not meet some of the dealers and appraisers on this forum. Who knows what they might find for you - or give you a lead to.

Perry

Note; due to my vacation I am unsure when I will next have good internet access. So I may not be able to follow this thread and post responsis like normal. But I thought you would all like to know about the trip and my thoughts at this time.

Add some spice to your live by building in a jewelry or gemstone portion of your vacation (or a weekend trip).

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Perry,
Your trip sounds like it will be fun and very interesting!!!! I am looking forward to your report!
Cheers and have a safe trip!!!
9.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
actually this is something I really want to do.... I really want to fly out to houston. I have several friends in tx but they''re spread all over the place, dallas, corpus... only one is near houston.

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
Cehra,

I'm in Houston, if you ever need to find a great hotel, or know where the 'action' is around here, or absolutely anything at all lemmie know! And if you plan on going to Whiteflash, I will follow!

ETA: I always thought about how fun it would be to have a meet-and-greet out here. If we had a big crowd, doing it at a hotel and having little diamond/gemstone presentations would be so fun! I know we have LadyGemma out here, Ann, and Luckystar.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results