Video Monitor: 9" built-in, Black and White
Max Resolution: 1 bit 512x342

Hard Drive: 40-80 MB
Floppy Drive: 1.4 MB SuperDrive

screen_shot_2014-09-18_at_9.png

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The first generation iPod which was the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Apple 2E computer.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
First: Ipod. Only? Ipod.

We don't buy apple products if we can afford it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Macbook Pro and then Macbook Air. The only apple products I own are laptops.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lol I have never bought an apple product for myself, I did buy my youngest son an Ipod several years ago which he proceeded to lose :nono:

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First and only was an ipod. I don't like apple and choose not to support them.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I bought one of the very early Apple desk top computers back in the early 80's. It had a 64k floppy drive and there was no hard drive at all. It supported programs like Visicalc, which was later replaced by Excel since excel did it better. The word processor program was incredibly limited by today's standards, with no spell checker. (I later had to spend an additional $600 for a second floppy drive in order to get a spell checker as with only 64k you could not run both the spell checker and the word processor on one floppy drive.)

That WONDERFUL tool of the future cost me $3,200 and it really was and incredible tool compared to my IBM Selectric typewriter, which was the top of the line typewriter at the time.

After a couple of years I bought a Compac portable computer with a 10 MB hard drive. Ten megabytes? How in the heck could a normal small business ever fill up a 10 MB drive? I just did not know, but I bought it anyway for about $2,500. It was the size of a small sewing machine and quite the darling of the traveling business man.

It would be many years before I bought another Apple product as most of the business programs I used, including the early Polygon were written for Windows based computers. I bought a few iPods for my wife and myself and finally bought a MacBook Pro about a month ago that I am really loving. In fact I am typing this at the breakfast table instead of reading the paper. Not sure this is really a good idea, but, like my friend John Pollard, I am becoming addicted to being on line. When and if I ever retire, there better be a good connection in what ever facility they try to park me in...

Wink (Who intends to work forever, I LOVE this job!)

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
One of the old clamshell laptops, back in 2001. I called it the CrApple, and it turned me off all things Apple for for a literal decade.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh man.... We had a Macintosh computer circa maybe 1990. All I did on it was play Helicopter. It had a printer the size of a small child that printed one loud line at a time. :lol:

My second and last Apple product is the ipad 2 I am currently typing on :oops:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What do people have against apple?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Apple2E! I've been Apple for a LONNNNG time. But it's a mainstay in my field.

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
ame|1411140406|3753755 said:
Apple2E! I've been Apple for a LONNNNG time. But it's a mainstay in my field.

Me too! Apple IIe. My first computer at 10 years old. My parents still have it. And now my husband and I have so many Apple machines, it's like an Apple museum over here.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I have never owned an Apple product and don't intend to start now!

ETA: CRAP! Just remembered that I did, in fact, have a first generation iPod shuffle (the stick one with the USB on the end) that my mom won in a raffle at work and gave to me. So I guess I've *owned* one...but I've never *purchased* one for myself. And still don't intend to start any time soon!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
We had an Apple 2C. Must have been around 1986 when I was 6. I was just reading up on it- you could expand the memory to a whopping 1.125MB!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
We had an Apple SE.

We couldn't afford the extra "30" that Kenny got. :)

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually this may have been my very first apple product.

screen_shot_2014-09-19_at_1.png

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I believe the first Apple product I ever used was my dad's old Macintosh (well, I think it was a Macintosh). This was circa~1989. It was NOT one that supported a color monitor. Just the old black and green. We also had a black and orange second, smaller monitor, that he had hooked up to it. He had gotten a new computer with a color screen so I was allowed to play my Sesame Street game on the old one. This was a real exciting game - line drawings of Bert and Ernie's living room, and you controlled one of them (Ernie, I think), and with the right and left arrow keys you could walk, well, right and left across the room. If you stopped in front of an object and hit the spacebar, the name of it would pop up on the screen. When you stopped in front of Bert, it would say "Bert: Hi!" I played that game SO MUCH when I was a tiny.

The first one I ever bought on my own was a 4th Generation iPod Classic (not with color screen) in 2004. It still works.

eta: This is a similar game, but in color and with more stuff: http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Pals_Around_Town

amc80

Ideal_Rock
distracts said:
I believe the first Apple product I ever used was my dad's old Macintosh (well, I think it was a Macintosh). This was circa~1989. It was NOT one that supported a color monitor. Just the old black and green. We also had a black and orange second, smaller monitor, that he had hooked up to it. He had gotten a new computer with a color screen so I was allowed to play my Sesame Street game on the old one. This was a real exciting game - line drawings of Bert and Ernie's living room, and you controlled one of them (Ernie, I think), and with the right and left arrow keys you could walk, well, right and left across the room. If you stopped in front of an object and hit the spacebar, the name of it would pop up on the screen. When you stopped in front of Bert, it would say "Bert: Hi!" I played that game SO MUCH when I was a tiny. The first one I ever bought on my own was a 4th Generation iPod Classic (not with color screen) in 2004. It still works. eta: This is a similar game, but in color and with more stuff: http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Pals_Around_Town

We had Frogger and Load Runner. Anyone remember those?

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never had Frogger on a computer but we played it a lot on gameboy.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
vc10um|1411152267|3753879 said:
I have never owned an Apple product and don't intend to start now!

ETA: CRAP! Just remembered that I did, in fact, have a first generation iPod shuffle (the stick one with the USB on the end) that my mom won in a raffle at work and gave to me. So I guess I've *owned* one...but I've never *purchased* one for myself. And still don't intend to start any time soon!

Why???

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have had a couple desktops, but I think my first was an ipod classic. It was one of the early ones, probably 2nd or 3rd generation. I used it up till 2 days ago, when my son gave me his classic 7th generation. I love it. My first iphone was the 4S that I am using. We plan on buying 6's as soon as we can get our hands on some.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
We purchased an Apple II shortly after we were married. We started out with 4K of memory, and added 2K and then another 2K. These were big investments for us as we were in graduate school and didn't have much money. Programs were loaded using cassette tapes. We used to go shopping at the computer store and examine the cassettes on the wall and select new computer games and programs for our Apple.

It was wonderful and amazing to have our own computer. I learned to program on an IBM 1130 mainframe computer with 4K of memory and the programs were entered by punch card. The computer was at the college and it had a special room with clean air and cooling all for itself.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results