shape
carat
color
clarity

what was the worst car you ever owned?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
my wife bought a brand new 1980 Mustang,when the odometer hit 40K that POS fell apart.
14.gif

we had a 1995 540i BMW which was also a POS. all kinds of problems
14.gif
i spent more money on fixing that car then the car itself.
29.gif

joflier

Ideal_Rock
2003 BMW 325xi. That sucker had/has so many issues. (exe is stuck with it now!) HA!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
DF, you are just old enough to remember this, but I don''t know if you were in the U.S. then . . . a 1975 Chevy Vega. If you need to know what was wrong with this puppy, there are countless websites deridinig it! For darn good reasons!

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I drove an '80 Datsun B210 into the ground during HS and college. 200K+ and by the time I graduated from WSU it had no left rear window (taped plastic) the heat didn't work (and no AC in Washington State) the dashboard was trashed (all my friends were drummers) it made all kinds of interesting sounds - and I think you had to lean forward to get it over 50mph. I sold it to my carless roommate for a pitcher of beer when I flew to TX to take my first job.

I suppose in some ways it was also the best car I ever owned.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
My 2001 Saab 9-5. It was a really nice car and I loved driving it, but I hated owning it. It nickel and dimed me to death.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Old VW Golf, hated that car it gave me so much trouble and the rust....

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A 1981 Volvo diesel that looked beautiful (fluid rounder classic lines), but left thick black smoke everywhere, died on us on a freeway, left pools of oil everywhere and just generally always had something wrong with it. It was my husband''s parent''s car, and we bought it from them in 1995 I think. The funny part is we sold it at our garage sale of all things! Someone asked if it was for sale and DH said sure, why not, and we got $900 cash. We were moving across the country and it cost more to insure than it was worth at the time anyway.
11.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
My ''98 Ford Explorer Sport. It was a gas-guzzling POS.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
1984 Honda Accord. My first car. A major POS, but so many good memories. I had a license and that equalled FREEDOM! I loved it (when it started).

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 12:32:59 PM
Author: HollyS
DF, you are just old enough to remember this, but I don''t know if you were in the U.S. then . . . a 1975 Chevy Vega. If you need to know what was wrong with this puppy, there are countless websites deridinig it! For darn good reasons!
My boyfriend in high school had this car and I don''t remember him having any compalints. But then we only went out a year. I hope the transmission fell out of it! (long story)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t think I''ve ever had a bad or POS car...I seem to have good luck with cars. I''ve driven a Cadillac, two Toyota Corollas, a Chevy Trailblazer, and now a Jeep G.C.

Holly, I know someone who still drives a Vega, I don''t know what year it is, but it looks like it''s from the ''70''s! I know he''s had it since then, anyway...I''ll have to find out what year it is.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
I drove a 1970 (used) VW beetle throughout my 4 years in college. In the summer I had to disconnect the heater hose because the heat would not shut off. Also, if it rained the car would stall, so I had to remove the distributor cap and dry it off first. My dad drove that car for the next 6 years and then sold it for about $250.00 (he bought it for me for around $400.00. Good investment for a car we used for about 10 years.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
1999 Audi A4. What a lemon! Everytime I turned around, there was some random electrical issue that would cost $500 to fix. That car spent more time at the Audi dealership getting fixed than in my garage the one year I owned it. Good riddance!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a ''72 Chevy Vega, worst car of all time, army green. Carried oil in the trunk. Also had the Datsun B210. Loved that car! Painted it all white and put a license plate "albino" on it.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
1998 BMW 323is Always had problems with little things,
--had to replaced both window motors in the first 3 years
--check engine light would come on for various things, which meant wasting my time at the dealership
--radio power button would fly off when I hit the breaks, so instead of replacing the button, a whole new radio system was installed, and then the sound was scratchy due to bad wiring
--my personal favorite...the car was once returned to me by the dealership with a flat tire

The car was eventually totalled in an accident...blessing in disguise. I purchased a 2003 Lexus RX300 and have done nothing but routine maintainence....80,000 miles and still good as new.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 1:52:52 PM
Author: appletini
1998 BMW 323is Always had problems with little things,
--had to replaced both window motors in the first 3 years
--check engine light would come on for various things, which meant wasting my time at the dealership
--radio power button would fly off when I hit the breaks, so instead of replacing the button, a whole new radio system was installed, and then the sound was scratchy due to bad wiring
--my personal favorite...the car was once returned to me by the dealership with a flat tire

The car was eventually totalled in an accident...blessing in disguise. I purchased a 2003 Lexus RX300 and have done nothing but routine maintainence....80,000 miles and still good as new.
Ok, now that''s kinda funny. I''m just picturing a kid in the backseat getting socked in the eye from the radio knob.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
I just remembered my BF''s parents gave her a brand new Firebird when she graduated high school. She drove that car for 6 weeks and traded it in for a Ghremlin and kept that car almost 20 years.

oneandahalfrock

Shiny_Rock
LOL, in high school/college I had a Hyundai Excel hunchback ;-)
The alternator FELL out on the freeway- fun times!
The engine had to be replaced, the transmission had to be replaced- and later my little brother totaled it :razz:
It was cute, and good for a first driver- it was easy to maneuver and if it could go wrong, it did, so I''ve never had a worse car ;-)

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
A 2004 white mustang...it was like a Barbie car...white leather and all...and I got pulled over every single week

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 2:19:40 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor
A 2004 white mustang...it was like a Barbie car...white leather and all...and I got pulled over every single week
And was that the car''s fault?
2.gif
9.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 1:26:41 PM
Author: monarch64
I don''t think I''ve ever had a bad or POS car...I seem to have good luck with cars. I''ve driven a Cadillac, two Toyota Corollas, a Chevy Trailblazer, and now a Jeep G.C.

Holly, I know someone who still drives a Vega, I don''t know what year it is, but it looks like it''s from the ''70''s! I know he''s had it since then, anyway...I''ll have to find out what year it is.
Well, it definitely doesn''t have the original aluminum block engine! Whatever possessed GM to come up with that dumb idea, and actually put it in a car. . . . . Idiots.

Dad bought mine second-hand for 250.00 and put 500.00 worth of new engine in it (at 1977 prices). It was a tin can with a 5-speed manual transmission. And the heater never worked. In Illinois. That winter it got down to 20 below. I remember it well.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 2:24:16 PM
Author: joflier

Date: 2/13/2009 2:19:40 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor
And was that the car's fault?
2.gif
9.gif
My thoughts exactly!
9.gif

Maybe she's the type who needs to drive a 'biddy beige' Lincoln or Buick.
3.gif

It's for darn sure I'LL never own a red car!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/13/2009 12:32:59 PM
Author: HollyS
oh yes i remember the Vega. i was in HS in 1975,bought a 1975 Camaro in 1976.

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
2007 Lexus ES350. By the time it was 6 months old, it was on its second transmission, with no end in sight for the problems.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
When I was 14 I paid $200 for a 1965 Ford Mustang (289) from a farmer down the street. My father and I spent every Tuesday night in the barn restoring it for 2 years. When I finally turned 16 and could drive it, the thing left me stranded multiple times (usually from rust in the gas tank). I have so many great memories with my Dad restoring that car, but it was seriously a bad car for a 16-year-old. I totalled it just 2 months after I got my license. Ugh.

I didn''t get another car until I saved for one in college and I STILL have that car nearly 200,000 miles later. We just bought another vehicle (Jeep Liberty) and so far it''s great.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
1985 dodge aries 2 door.
I loved that car but it kept on blowing heads and at $500-$600 a pop to fix it after the 4th one I had to junk it at 150k miles.
I bought it with 36k miles.
I was sad, the body was in perfect condition but that year had bad heads and couldn''t put an older or newer engine in it because that year was different than any other year.
It was my second car my first was a 1980 Plymouth horizon that had almost 300000 miles on it when it was totaled when a jerk in a pickup rear ended me.
My third car was another Plymouth horizon(1990) I want another one!!!
They just don''t make cars like that anymore :{
It was small on the outside but large on the inside and would go anywhere in the winter time and got better gas mileage than 99.9% of models on the market today.
Next was a Dodge Intrepid which is a boat.

My next car will be another small car.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My current car, 1992 Toyota Camry, is actually not too bad, considering it IS like only six years younger than me. But only 3 of the windows work. Needs a new muffler, as well, but it's due. Body is all sorts of dinged up. (And the most major one is NOT my fault.) Engine still rocks.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
1987 Nissan Sunny. There was the most infuriating machine somewhere underneath the drivers seat - totally inaccessible - that went "ding-dong, ding-dong" INCESSANTLY whenever the car went faster than 60mph. This was fine in Ireland, at the time there weren''t any motorways and the national speed limit was 60. But one weekend we took the ferry to the UK. Drove all the way through Wales to Birmingham, and back again. On motorways. At 70mph. I believe it was one of the only times I saw my father cry. I still hear it in my nightmares..."ding-dong, ding-dong..."

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results