shape
carat
color
clarity

What to do with the ering during ceremony?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Ladies, for those of you who are already married, did you wear your ering during your wedding ceremony and if so, how did you do the whole putting the wedding ring on the finger thing? Do you take off the ering, let him put on the wband then replace your ering? Or just leave your ering on and have him put on the wband in front of it? I know, it seems like I''m challenged or something but I have no idea what is the norm...thoughts?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wore it on my right hand. And switched it after the ceremony. That was 20 years ago...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I left it on my ring finger. He placed the ring on top of my e-ring and I switched it as soon as the ceremony was over. You could wear it on your right hand (but I was already wearing a RHR).

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I wore my ering on my right hand. After the ceremony, I switched it to my left hand. I made sure to do it before we took pictures with guests.
2.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
First of all, surfgirl, your new avatar is glorious!

I think I''m going to wear my e-ring in its usual place and then switch the rings right after the ceremony because I have a RHR that is my grandmother''s 25th anniversary ring that I definitely will wear.

I just can''t imagine not wearing my beauteous e-ring during the ceremony-I mean, that''s the only reason I wanted to get married, you know?!
11.gif
I''m kidding, of course!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
My e-ring wouldn''t fit onto my right hand (right is larger than the left), so I had a girlfriend wear my ring during my ceremony, and she gave it to me directly after.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I had my MOH hold/wear my ering and had my DH place the w-band placed on my "naked" ring finger. I didn''t want any other ring on that finger during the ceremony. After the ceremony, she slipped the ring back to me and I placed it on top of my w-band. As soon as I was able, I switched them to w-band first and then e-ring.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
We had my e-ring and wedding band soldered together, so when he placed it on my finger it was all together.

I think if I hadn''t I''d probably have had him put both on me so they would be together.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wore mine on my right hand and switched it to the left right after the ceremony..

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
the plan was to wear it on my right hand. but i FORGOT! so he put the wedding band ontop of the ering and i switched it afterwards.
whoops.

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
I gave my MOH my ering just before we went into the church, then she slipped it back to me while we were signing the register. That way, they were both on my left hand for the photo of us signing. Plus, her ring size is the same as mine, so she could wear it without me fretting about it getting lost or stuck on her!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/10/2007 11:44:54 PM
Author: Kaleigh
I wore it on my right hand. And switched it after the ceremony. That was 20 years ago...
This is what I did...3.5 years ago.
9.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m another - wore it on the right hand, then switched it right after the ceremony - girl.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the ideas...My ring wont fit on my right hand so I''m screwed there. And I like the idea of the wband being the only ring, but I also want the ering to be there...Hmmm. Maybe I''ll just leave the ering on and let him put it on in front of that, and switch it like some of you did. Thanks for the input!

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2007 9:58:00 AM
Author: jcrow
the plan was to wear it on my right hand. but i FORGOT! so he put the wedding band ontop of the ering and i switched it afterwards.
whoops.
I forgot too. So, when it came time for him to put the ring on my finger - I slipped it off and held it in my right hand. As soon as he put the wedding band on my finger, I slipped my engagement ring in his hand and he immediately placed it back on my ring finger. Turned out nice, actually.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results