shape
carat
color
clarity

what song reminds you of your first love?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:))

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You first this time, DF! :bigsmile:

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Glory of Love by Peter Cetera (theme song to the Karate Kid II). I was in the 7th grade.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1352613090|3303138 said:
You first this time, DF! :bigsmile:
Chicago - If you leave me now
Heatwave - always and forever

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Knights in White Satin

stci

Ideal_Rock
My love from I don't know...

Wooo wooo wooo wooo my love......

Cute no? LOL LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1352618003|3303147 said:
Knights in White Satin
WOW!! your that old?... :lol: ..i love that song too.. ;))

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
stci|1352619137|3303151 said:
My love from I don't know...

Wooo wooo wooo wooo my love......

Cute no? LOL LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Paul McCartney and Wings.. ;))

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hard Habit to Break

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
"My Eyes Adored You" - Frankie Valli .

Then Chicago, If you Leave Me Now - grade 10, followed by "The Hustle" by Van McCoy, (can't remember if I had a song with my 7 year BF!!) and then with DH - it has always been - On the Wings Of Love by Jeffrey Osborne Ah! Love that song, 30 years later!!

soocool

Ideal_Rock
You know whenever I see stuff like this I go all crazy and listen to the song all day long for at least the next week or so. So DH just asked what was the thread on PS that is causing me so much pain? He knows me too well.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Imdanny|1352645771|3303265 said:
Yaz, Upstairs at Eric's- the whole album- don't tell SO. :o

I love this whole album too Danny- great songs. :appl: My favorite on the album is Only You

The song that reminds me of my first love is
Wonderwall by Oasis- it was the first Valentine's Day we were together and my dh (bf then) made a mix tape (LOL...tape!!) with this song on it. My dh was my first (and last!) true love!! :love:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't have a song that reminds me of my first love!

But every now and then someone will be chewing the gum that he used to chew, and that brings me right back to high school. We're actually still in touch via Facebook and mutual friends. We are both Pit Bull advocates, so we travel in some of the same circles even today.

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
My first love was a guy I met the summer after I graduated from high school. He wasn't a very appropriate pick, lol. It's one of those tales of misspent youth that turned out so bad that I just have to laugh at it years later. Because it was all so-o-o-o youthfully stupid.

The song: "She Hates Me," by Puddle of Mudd. That head-banger song just greatly amuses me. If that bf of mine tried too hard, it's news to me! hahahahahahahaha! The video is perfect, too.

eh613c

Shiny_Rock
Premium
My peers will never pick this song but I was raised by my aunts and uncles who listened to many bands in the 70s. With that, my first love always sang this song to me: All out of Love (I'm so Lost Without You) by Air Supply.

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
The entire Carole King Tapestry album. I like to call that LP( haha I do have the album) the soundtrack of my youth.

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
re. "old songs: I think that the WWII generation and the leading edge of the baby boomers truly got the best love songs, lust songs, breakup songs, and unrequited-love songs. They had Broadway and big band and piano boogie, all the flavors of jazz, plus vocalists like Etta James, Lena Horne, Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole, and Dionne Warwick. And many others, including the R&B tunes of the '50s and '60s. America has a treasure trove of some of the greatest popular music ever, and young people should be encouraged to explore and listen and dance to all of it. I feel fortunate that I had older parents and long-lived grandparents, relatives who'd been in NYC at the height of the Big Band era, a great aunt who was a Ziegfield girl, and a host of really good amateur musicians who played at their local dance halls and local AM radio broadcasts. And schoolteachers who made a concerted effort to teach us their old music.

By the time I was serious-relationship age, it was Parliament Funkadelic, Gap Band, Prince, Madonna, Morris Day and the Time, Cyndi Lauper. I had a really great time dancing, but there was nothing to wax sentimental about. There was a lot of fun stuff to sing along with in there, but it wasn't adult fare.

Bob Seger's "Night Moves," when I'm sitting in my rocking chair at the nursing home, I'm sure will still cause me to pause to listen every time. And it will put a little smile on my face.

Dionne Warwick "Don't Make Me Over" (1967) is another tune that was before my time, and I happened to discover it right after a bad breakup 4 years ago. It was inspirational, and it reminded me of exactly why I had bailed out of that dead-end relationship. I am indebted to Burt Bacharach. ;-)

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
REM's album Green too. Not sure it was love, but lots of making out to it :Up_to_something:

I am aging myself with these answers!!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Backstreet Boys - I want it that way

and he looked like Nick Carter!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
'Wonderful Tonight' by Eric Clapton and 'Angel' by Aerosmith

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results