shape
carat
color
clarity

What's the meaning of your PS user name?

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My daughters name Autumn and my hobby gems

TechieTechie

Shiny_Rock
Stonie...Stoned Soul Picnic is awesome too! Great minds think alike...I LOVE the 5th Dimension...Marilyn McCoo has an amazing voice. You are SO lucky to have played with Barbra...I was a semi-professional singer for awhile (Boston Pops Chorus) and I've seen Babs live, but to actually make music with her must have been a mind-blowing experience. If you like these songs, have you laid ears on Madonna's 'Keep it Together'? It's a nice blend of funk, soul and rock (a la Sly and the Family Stone)...but was released closer to this century :cheeky:

Back to your regularly scheduled program.... :angel:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nickname from a football player in high school. I embraced it and have been using it since I was 14 (15?). At the time, the name I wanted was "FreakChild" but that was taken. "FrekeChild" was not. I respond to Freke in real life.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FrekeChild|1419133119|3805101 said:
Nickname from a football player in high school. I embraced it and have been using it since I was 14 (15?). At the time, the name I wanted was "FreakChild" but that was taken. "FrekeChild" was not. I respond to Freke in real life.
:wacko: :lol:

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
My real name, Alani, is Hawaiian for orange tree. I spent my whole childhood thinking my name had no meaning and was made up, so I was pretty happy to find that out. Makes a pretty good acronym too. ;-)

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hawaiianorangetree said:
My real name, Alani, is Hawaiian for orange tree. I spent my whole childhood thinking my name had no meaning and was made up, so I was pretty happy to find that out. Makes a pretty good acronym too. ;-)
Alani is a beautiful name! :)

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
mochiko42|1420544988|3812480 said:
hawaiianorangetree said:
Alani is a beautiful name! :)

Thanks mochiko! I hated it growing up (i wanted to be like one of the 4 Sarahs in the class) but it is kind of cool now that unusual names are more popular.

luxroman

Rough_Rock
I found this lovely thread! I'm quite late here, but since I enjoyed reading, here's mine: Lux is a nickname of mine (means light in Latin, and it's the origin of my real name) and Román is my dear dear grandma's family name. :))

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
Jambalaya|1418147151|3798314 said:
It's after the Gipsy Kings' great song Bamboleo. I thought they were saying "Jambalaya". Bit deaf. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mifnMC_Kn1Q

The song goes "bamboleo, bambolayA" so that's where I got confused. The second one sounds more like Jambalaya.

But then, for years I thought that the song "Cry Me A River" was called "Crimea River." I so have aural dyslexia! I never really listened to the song, I'd just heard it referenced, so I just assumed it was about a river in the Crimea.

My husband thought that there was a song called "Gladly the Cross-eyed Bear" for many years...

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Years ago there was a jewelry store I used to frequent and the manager kiddingly called me 'MissGotRocks'. Since this was a diamond forum, I thought it was fitting. I'd probably choose another name today!

Q

Queenie60

When I was growing up we didn't have much money but I always liked the finer things - I worked very hard to get the things I liked and wanted most. My Auntie would tease me and she would call me "Queenie" - and it stuck with some of my best girlfriends over the years.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results