shape
carat
color
clarity

What''s a stupid/silly thing you''ve done? (long)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chicagolawyer

Rough_Rock
I ask because I just did something fairly stupid and I feel like a total idiot!

On a lark I signed up to be an extra in a movie and went in for a clothes fitting yesterday. I have no aspirations to act, but my younger sister just did the same thing for the same movie (it''s right in our area) and said it was pretty neat to see how things work. Hey, I figure, it''s a big budget movie w/ a couple stars and it would be cool to it all first hand.

So I arrive at the office and they take me in. All was well, I get sized, try on the outfit, it''s super cute, I''m happy. Then the stylist takes me down to hair & makeup so they can just check me out and write down what they''ll need to do. I talked to my sister beforehand about what hair and makeup entails and she said it''s not big deal -- at most they would snip any split ends you have.

The girl mentions that they''d like to just cut my ends to clean it up a bit. I don''t like this, but I confirm that it would just be a tiny tiny trim. So she takes me over to the chair and introduces me to the "hairdresser," who without even talking to me grabs a section of hair from the back of my head (DRY and WITHOUT COMBING IT OR ANYTHING) and snips FOUR inches off!!!!!

I of course think to myself, oh crap what have I let them do? At this point I should have got up and left, but I figure that the back was already chopped so I sat there silently while he did the rest in five minutes. It looks HORRIBLE, SuperCuts would have done a far superior job.

I know it will grow back, but I don''t want it to get any shorter so I have to suffer now for the next few months looking totally unprofessional all because I wanted to do this extra thing. Could I be any more of an idiot?????

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
OH I am sooooo sorry. I really feel for your situation. Oh geeze, it takes me quite a while to gain four inches of length.

I only wish it had turned out the other way...that some professional stylist gave you the best cut of your life...or a new way to wear it at least. You are right, it will grow back, but that is not the point. You should have left that chair better than you came in.

Make an appointment with the best place in town...they can turn it around for you and surely it will help you get out of this sink hole! You deserve some me time...do it NOW. It is spring, make this situation prompt you into a totally new look.

You know, I try to look at SILLY STUPID things like this as rudders...as on a boat. It is possible that this SILLY event happened so that you would take the next step and correct it...which makes you be in another place at a certain time that you wouldn''t normally be. Maybe you are to meet someone...or change your path that day which gets you out of danger...or maybe to aid someone that might need you. Youv''e got a crate of lemons...squeeze them, add some sugar and enjoy the nectar!
2.gif

DKS

chicagolawyer

Rough_Rock
Thanks DKS. I am an idiot, but you are right that I need to make the best out of the situation. I will admit, my ends were in need of a trim at least!

I really learned my lesson...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I TOTALLY feel for you! I''ve done something VERY similar... in college I was an intern at a family law firm in Sacramento and one of the attorney''s suspected this hairdresser of hiding money in a separate account (divorce case)... SO he asked me to go in (on the firm''s dime) and get a haircut. Well this was a really exclusive salon and I thought-- GREAT free designer hair cut.
38.gif

OMG It was the WORST haircut I''ve had in my life He layered it in an Eighties Hair band way... my shortest layer was TWO inches long... not even proper bang length... I looked like a toddler had clipped the hair at the top of my head with those blunt baby scissors while I slept. *shudder*

I went to my regular hairdresser, and there was nothing she could do with the two inch layer. It took FOREVER to grow out too. And I look terrible with bangs.
40.gif

If it makes you feel better, a friend of mine suggested to *help* the cut I should dye my hair black (normally brown) so that it would look ''new age''... so we got a ''semi permanent'' black... Natural something or other... that turned my hair NAVY (I kid you not)... AND it wouldnt'' wash out... so for about a year I was growing out my ''bangs'' AND the navy hair.
39.gif

I totally feel for you!

My advice? Don''t dye your hair navy.
2.gif

See if you can go somewhere to get it fixed.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooooy Vey!! That sucks. The couple of times I''ve been on movie sets I''ve found the hair & makeup people to be complete A-***es!!! TV shows: fun, awesome peeps ... Movies: creeps. The deal is that they think they''re SUPERIOR. They think movies is "real art" and that they are "artistes". It totally makes for the kind of atmosphere where real people can get a 5 minute unflattering haircut.

In the big scheme of things though - this could be a fun story to tell for years. The time your hair was butched on the set of _____. Have a party when it comes out ... call it "The Scalping Party". Have hair extentions for people to clip on as they enter & clip people with lawn shears on the way out. Hairtini''s anyone??
9.gif

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Definitely get it fixed! If you''re not already taking vitamins, try flinstones chewables. I had a horrible haircut almost 2 months ago and someone recommended I do this. My hair has grown at least 2 i nches since I started taking them and my hair normally grows very slowly.

chicagolawyer

Rough_Rock
Thanks guys -- you are all making me feel better!!! :)

Gypsy, I can''t believe they asked you to do that for a job! You really didn''t have a choice so that''s totally not your fault! The navy hair must have certainly been original.

Deco -- yes this guy was a little superior. I am normally very assertive so I don''t know why I was thrown off by him! I love the hairtini idea, and I think I totally will have a party w/ my sis, thanks!

And Robbie I will go out and buy those vitamins today. 2 inches in two months is great. I remember when you wrote about that haircut and I''m so glad that it''s growing out!

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so sorry that happened to you, but the vitamins sound like a good idea. I remember when I was younger I told my hairdresser I wanted about an inch off (it was just past my shoulders) and she chopped it all the way to the middle of my ear. I about died. Took me forever to grow it back since my hair is curly. I am now very wary of hairdressers...

*M*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results