shape
carat
color
clarity

What personality type are you?

What is your Myers-Briggs personality type?

• INTP

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • ENFP

• ESTJ

• INTJ

• ISTP

• ISFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ESFJ

• ENFJ

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
After reading the interesting thread on personality types (thanks to whoever resurrected it), I thought it would be neat to see how our types break down here. Of course that''s the kind of thing an INTJ would find interesting. :)

You can take the personality test here or here.

The original thread is here.

Ephemery1 posted the following as the general breakdown by type and gender:

ISTJ – F 6.9% M 16.4%
ISFJ – F 19.4% M 8.1%
INFJ – F 1.6% M 1.3%
INTJ – F 0.8% M 3.3%

ISTP – F 2.4% M 8.5%
ISFP – F 9.9% M 7.6%
INFP – F 4.6% M 4.1%
INTP – F 1.8% M 4.8%

ESTP – F 3.0% M 5.6%
ESFP – F 10.1% M 6.9%
ENFP – F 9.7% M 6.4%
ENTP – F 2.4% M 4.0%

ESTJ – F 6.3% M 11.2%
ESFJ – F 16.9% M 7.5%
ENFJ – F 3.3% M 1.6%
ENTJ – F 0.9% M 2.7%

I decided not to create different polls for males and females because I think would need to create different threads to do that, and it would get messy. We''ll get the general idea this way.

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
In my Professional Psychology course we did a study on the MBTI as a part of our final paper and I really enjoyed it. It was good to see how our personalities fit or clashed with the careers we were looking to go into.

BTW I''m a INFJ........

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
INTJ.....

imagine setting up a dating forum based on this for starters. not saying that other things like honesty, culture, outlook on life, and religion don''t matter. But as a starting point - match compatable people to look from.

Perry

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Ha, Perry, great idea! Dating forum based on personality types.
Say, there''s a new business venture!!

I just ordered a book from Amazon, that has the test in it.

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/7/2006 7:00:16 PM
Author: Ann
Ha, Perry, great idea! Dating forum based on personality types.

Say, there''s a new business venture!!

I just ordered a book from Amazon, that has the test in it.

Actually there are a few sites out there that do just that.

When Ephemery linked me to the old thread about personality types, I just couldn''t resist.
9.gif

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Not really enough responses yet for any statistical significance, but there do seem to be more introverts here (at least replying to the poll).

DH suggested last night that perhaps my love of diamonds, which seems strange considering the rest of my personality is very no frills (no make up, comfortable shoes over fashion, etc.), really does make sense . . . because you can go about buying a diamond in a very scientific way. The correct balance of angles, the best balance of color and clarity for your tastes and budget, etc. That really does make sense to me. I''m always making the other teachers laugh when I make bell curves representing the grades I gave for the year or when I try to explain why I make three versions of each test (only a 33% chance they''ll be looking at the same test if they try to cheat . . . to make a fourth test would only reduce the chance by 8% to 25% but would involve 33% more work on my part). Oh yeah, and for a few days I got in the habit of playing Deal or No Deal on the NBC website, but instead of just playing I kept track of how often I walked away too early, how often I lost it all by not walking, and how much money it peaked at. Crazy, I know.

So I guess being a "scientist" (although ironically, an English teacher) lends itself to crunching numbers on diamonds.

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
I am borderline INTJ and INFJ.

Interesting that the votes here are very different than the average breakdown, I wonder if internet users are more ''I''s.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
I''m an ESFP (Extrovert, Sensor, Feeler, Perceiver), but 51% perceiver and 49% judger

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
I''m a INFP but I''m 52% Introvert and 48% Extrovert. Given a possible margin of error, that leaves me basically evenly balanced between the two. For the others I''m 64% to 70% so not much room for error there.
9.gif

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Now that''s just bizarre . . . the largest group represented here is supposed to be the absolute smallest group in the overall population. Anyone want to venture a guess as to the explanation?

Ya know what''s funny, with my honors kids we do the test as a little side activity, the first year I didn''t get a single student who was an INTJ. But then last year the little smart alexes thought that I would be more disposed to like them if they had the same personality type, so after one class found out my type and leaked it, all these kids in the next class claimed to be INTJs! Sneaky little buggers.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results