shape
carat
color
clarity

What makes you happy?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
It seems some of our PS''ers have been in the wars lately
7.gif
so I was thinking considering Christmas is coming around the corner starting a thread with things that make us feel happy :).

Even when times are are tough the things that make you smile is what keeps people going.

I guess I will start:

Eating a really good juicy mango on a hot summers day :).

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
My new house!!!!! Also, SDL, I have to agree with you. I LOVE people with manners, and unfortunately, my generation is not known for their manners. Curteous younger people are rare gems IMO, like my fiancee, whose late father taught him to be such a thoughtful and polite person. Also making me happy-- my nieces and dogs, spending time with my family, in particular my dad since I don''t see him everyday (I literally see my mother and sister every single day), yankee candles making my new house smell yummy, the fact that I''m getting a well-needed massage today, my friends, and of course my sparkly ring. I''m sure there are many other things I could name, but that''s at least a start:)

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Oh yes. and MY NEW BED!!! Even though my new adopted dog tried her best to ruin it
2.gif
It''s fresh and clean now, with a waterproof mattress cover on top!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Hmm...things that make me happy, off the top of my head:

my cats - coming home to that love at the end of the day always makes it better

my husband - same reason (though funny that the cats came to mind first LOL
3.gif
)

my friends - I am blessed to have some truly wonderful friends that I admire and respect deeply and we have been through so much together, I wouldn''t trade those friendships for the world

my volunteer work at the animal shelter - seeing dogs and cats find new homes, helping them stay in their homes, is probably the most rewarding work I''ve ever done

and finally, material stuff - I love handbags, jewelry, makeup, shoes, clothes, all sorts of beautiful things. I don''t NEED any of these things, and I''m confident I could (mostly) do without them, but I try to really savor the joy they bring me when I am lucky enough to get something new.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Sleep.

Though, that may be my first response because the builders woke me half an hour earlier than they needed to on a day when I was already budgeting for 7 hours or less of sleep ....

More seriously? Peach colored roses. The opportunity to wear crinolines. Getting paid to read really good poetry aloud. Knowing I''ll see family over the holidays. Velvet, peacocks, and pomegranates, and in any all combinations. Delightful miniature things. Good books, and particularly, good first editions. The art of Anne Bachelier, Michael Parkes, and Daniel Merriam. Black leather. The prospect of a bubble bath called "Relaxation."

Oh, I could just go on and on and on ... you''re right, just thinking about this stuff makes me less inclined to go out and murder the builders!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great thread Deelight!!!
35.gif

What makes me happy:
1.gif

I love going for walks so when I go for my walk, crunching leaves that fell, catching our gorgeous sunsets on my walks, or seeing birds fly.

My nephew!! He is almost 3 but sometimes I get to babysit him and we love walking to the park and I let him play for an hour and we have the best time being silly.

My husband. He is just an overall good guy; my birthday is coming up so he took the day off to hang out with me. hehe Also a hug from him feels like all my cares melt away.

My parents and whole family!!!

Baking, making homemade goodies or a dinner. It is fun to get lost in a cooking/baking project or to try out a new recipe.

Shopping with my sister; we are so comfortable with each other I feel in my own skin shopping and laughing with her.

Visiting with friends, I meet friends for lunch/dinner once or twice a month and it is fun to catch up and chat.

Going for a walk in my neighborhood while stopping to talk to neighbors.

Vacations/getting away

Having barbecues in our wonderful backyard w/family and friends.

Sipping a glass of wine while relaxing w/dh after a long day.

Hiking somewhere with a great view of the city.

Reading a good book on the porch swing.

Gardening in the front yard; adding flowers to the pots.

A Nice long workout with a nice hot shower afterward.

Having a nice big bowl of fruit (watermelon, strawberry's, kiwi or raspberry's)

Summertime (longer days) or Wintertime snow and hot cocoa. listening to the silence when it snows.

Eating a nice hearty soup with crusty bread. Eating homemade meals.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Driving aimlessly out in the country on a sunny afternoon.

Hearing a good joke.

Eating something I shouldn''t.

Going for a mini shopping spree.

Enjoying a good conversation with a friend.

Singing along loudly with the radio when no ones around to hear.

Snuggling up with a blanket and good book.

Daydreaming.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
In no particular order:

Food! Especially chocolate... mmmmm!

Love

Animals, espeically dogs

Nature - I love plants/flowers

The Beach

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
what makes me happy....

my fiance- he is a total dreamboat..so sweet and kind and i count my blessings every single day for him
my mom- she raised my sister and i alone and i respect her more than anyone else on the planet
my engagement ring- i have been engaged 6 months and i still stare at my hand all the time
LBI (long beach island nj) is heaven on earth for me
the smells and sounds of the atlantic
cold pineapple and cupcakes
the smell before it snows
friends and belly laughing
and a deep sleep
nyc at xmas time
Wicked on Broadway

just to name a few!

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
hmmm.... Prozac? Kidding!!!
11.gif

Well, MANY things make me happy, and most of them are insignificant by monetary standard!

Good health of my loved ones and pets.
Slowly and surely improvement of our yard/garden.
Random kisses and "I love you"(s) from my husband and my kitties.
Pur pur pur from my kitties.
Beautiful sound I master on my piano after hours of practice.
The thoughtful calls or emails from long distance family and friends.
Finally finishing up papers and/grants I have been working on.
Driving my cool Prius on a beautiful day.
and many, many, many other small things.

Wish everyone a happy, blessed holiday season with many many happy moments to remember by!

35.gif

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
These are the things that makes me happy....

My darling husband...it makes me happy to wake up in the morning and seeing his sweetness. I am so blessed to have him in my life
My cats... it makes me happy to know they are healthy and full of life. They bring such joy into our lives
Our friends... it makes me happy to have people in our lives that care for us as much as we care for them. We''ve been though lots ups and downs. There is nothing that we wouldn''t do for each other.
Our family...it makes me happy to know that I have all my family close to me and are well
Giving.. it makes me happy to give to people who are less fortunate. To see the smiles and joy in each face is enough to keep giving
Food.. it makes me happy to eat. This can be a bad thing when bored but food is sooo yummy

I''m sure there is more but I''ll stop there.

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
My puppies -- they bring me pure joy...
My hubby -- he is wonderful in so many ways, so loving and kind. He has a *few* bad habits, though, and that''s why he comes second to the dogs
3.gif

My baby kicking my in the ribs.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
when i hit the mega million lotto tonight.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/12/2008 2:50:08 PM
Author: joflier

Date: 12/12/2008 2:37:47 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
Gonna share with us dfire?
31.gif
2.gif
of course... i don''t need all of thee $100 million. i''ll buy my redhead GF a "red diamond"
31.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
hubby
vacations
peonies
our yorkie
weddings
cotton paper
diamonds
good music
sleeping in
road trips
strong coffee
making something
great design
dark chocolate
snow

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
family
chocolate
Disney
diamonds
summer
Christmas lights
a nap

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
Rain when I''m cuddled up in bed with my fiance
Lounging on the couch with a good book in my hands and a cat on my lap
Lighting up the Xmas tree
Sitting in the hot tub on a cold night
Collared shirts on my puppy (this makes me giggle and is the opening for FI and I to talk to her like she''s a little person)
Big squeezing hugs from my stepson-to-be
Long hugs from my fiance
Sharing things with stepson-to-be that my parents shared with me when I was his age
Turning on the fireplace late at night
Traveling while hand-in-hand with the man I love
Putting the last piece into a puzzle
Spending time with my family
Fog - it makes the world look completely different and makes my imagination run wild

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rain, fragrant tuberose, my husband and our puppy, long walks in our lovely neighborhood, watching TV with friends, my crowded kitchen filled with yellow sunny things, trips...

Too many things to count!

I''ve become a very happy person over the past few years. I struggled with negativity and being judgmental through high school and some of college, and I''ve pushed myself to move past it. Now just being me makes me happy
1.gif

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/12/2008 2:57:03 PM

31.gif
2.gif
of course... i don''t need all of thee $100 million. i''ll buy my redhead GF a ''red diamond''
31.gif
Sounds like a fine idea to me!
9.gif

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock

31.gif
2.gif
of course... i don''t need all of thee $100 million. i''ll buy my redhead GF a ''red diamond''
31.gif

Hmmm, does your wife know you have a redhead gf??????
2.gif

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
anything it hard alcohol....at least this time of year....

I am NOT looking forward to spending Christmas with his family....selfish, inconiderate....ppl!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/12/2008 4:05:52 PM
Author: zhuzhu

31.gif
2.gif
31.gif

Hmmm, does your wife know you have a redhead gf??????
2.gif
nahh...just couple of mistress.
28.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
LOL after reading everyone''s responses I feel like mine is a little lame, I just had a really awesome mango yesterday and it got me thinking :).

Actually reading this thread made me really happy and smile because knowing what makes others happy makes me happy as well :).

To add to my list

[*] Getting my kitties shaved, they look stoopid, make me giggle and feel oh so good to pat (must post pictures).
[*] My FI he doesn''t always get it right but he makes me giggle and feel beautiful everyday.
[*]Friends and family for the most part :).
[*] Pecan Pie
[*]Smelling roses and flowers in general
[*] Newborn babies and the smell
[*] My ring, which is a constant source of amazement to me, and I think of FI which in turn makes me smile more.
[*] Knowing other people are happy
[*] Random acts of kindness
[*] Music
[*] Old people walking down the street holding hands

and more ...

Dfire I hope you do win your lotto a 100mil would be SWEET :).

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ask me tomorrow, not happy right now.
11.gif
14.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results