shape
carat
color
clarity

What is your favorite chocolate?

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I'm having a Ritter Sport dark chocolate with hazelnuts, and it is fab. Its a sweeter dark chocolate. I also Peterbrooke's chocolate covered popcorn, and basic Lindt milk chocolate bars. What about you?

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IndyLady|1388891935|3586500 said:
I'm having a Ritter Sport dark chocolate with hazelnuts, and it is fab. Its a sweeter dark chocolate. I also Peterbrooke's chocolate covered popcorn, and basic Lindt milk chocolate bars. What about you?

Peterbrooke! Wow. Sooo the woman who started the business (which is named for her children Peter and Brooke) was married to a guy I worked with when they started the business in one small shop in Jacksonville, FL. I think Peter runs the business now but wow it's grown. Their truffles are the best!

Cheap candy - Hershey's dark chocolate kisses
Moderate candy - Lindt dark Chocolate & Sea Salt or Dark Chocolate & Orange bars
Pricey Chocolate -See's Candy marzipan covered in dark chocolate
Expensive Candy - Godiva Truffles! Too many flavors to list!

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock
My all time favorite was Joseph Schmidt. They looked like half eggs filled with chocolate. Being pregnant, I think of them often, but they apparently aren't in business anymore.

We always have the Lindt lendor chocolates at home. The red is my favorite, but I did enjoy the dark chocolate peppermint this Christmas!

Another favorite is Guylian. The original praline seashells are yummy.

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Less expensive -- Hershey's special dark

expensive treat -- The Truffle Shop (love the dark chocolate truffles!)

For all my baking, I use only Scharffenberger.
The BEST brownies are made with a combo of 99% unsweetened with chunks of their 70% dark :lickout:
DH makes me chocolate volcano cakes for my b-day each year -- 99% Scharffenberger with 70% chunks and a combo of 99%/70% with brandy ganache :love:

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Cadbury dairy milk is my favorite, and has been forever. I also like Cadbury Crunchies chocolate covered honeycomb. I first had them when I did a yarn swap with someone in Australia, LOVED them! I couldn't find them anywhere, then I found them at World Market, but apparently they are no longer being made. ;( I also like the Chocolate candies by them, think M&Ms but with better chocolate. ;-) I love them. :D My BFF has been kind and bought me the bags of the Easter Candies (not the Eggs with the cream inside, can't eat those now, but as a kid :lickout: ), after they're on clearance. I try to stock up and they are my treat at school. ;-)

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
See's without a doubt. I rarely bother with anything else because if i am craving chocolate i will end up there anyway. Just go for the good stuff right away and save the extra calories. Plus, when you go in the store they give you a free piece! Win win!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a sucker for the Guylian chocolate hazelnut shells. They're really kind of the best thing ever.

My mom also gets us chocolate each holiday from a local place that makes really awesome chocolates. I can't remember the name right now though. For parties she'll get custom ones made up to match the theme of the party, which is pretty fun!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Leonidas, made in Belgium, is the best chocolate I ever tasted! DH used to give me a box for my b'day when we lived in Holland. They are sold here but aren't as good -- since they are made w/cream & no preservatives, possibly even a few days' age, or different ingredients, just don't taste as superb.

But I also love Cadbury cream eggs for a cheaper thrill. Eat about one per year, but it's pretty gooood.

blingyjules

Rough_Rock
Cozystitches|1388896568|3586551 said:
I also like Cadbury Crunchies chocolate covered honeycomb. I first had them when I did a yarn swap with someone in Australia, LOVED them! I couldn't find them anywhere, then I found them at World Market, but apparently they are no longer being made.

Cozystitches - I believe they changed where they make them but Cadbury still make Crunchie bars.

my faves are ferrero rochers, lindt lindor balls and guylian seashells. :D

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
blingyjules|1388931126|3586683 said:
Cozystitches|1388896568|3586551 said:
I also like Cadbury Crunchies chocolate covered honeycomb. I first had them when I did a yarn swap with someone in Australia, LOVED them! I couldn't find them anywhere, then I found them at World Market, but apparently they are no longer being made.

Cozystitches - I believe they changed where they make them but Cadbury still make Crunchie bars.

my faves are ferrero rochers, lindt lindor balls and guylian seashells. :D

Crunchies are definitely alive and well here in the UK. I love them but they really hurt my teeth. Doesn't stop me eating them from time to time though :bigsmile:

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Guylians sea shells for me as well. Then, Bacci and Mozart balls.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
SEE's, love See's. I like the mixed nuts.

At Trader Joe's they have a bar w/hazlenuts by the registers, it is like $4 a bar but so wonderful!

I avoid chocolate now, my boys have a nut allergy so we don't keep them in the house.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Oh goodness...where to even start.

Things I can get at the grocery store:
CADBURY MINI EGGS. (Only around Easter, obviously.)
Ritter Sport bars with the biscuit and chocolate creme in them.
Chocolove cherries in dark chocolate.
Trader Joe's Speculoos bars or Tahitian Vanilla Caramels.
If I really need chocolate and my only choices are commercial, I'll go for Reese's or Rolos.

Things I can only get occasionally based on my location:
Nutmallow and Pretzel Bars from Malley's chocolate in Cleveland.
Bordeaux and Scotchmallow bars from See's.
Absolutely anything from Jacques Torres chocolate, but most notably the Wicked Bar.
Almond truffles from Harry and David.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Right now, I'd eat just about any kind of chocolate, any brand. I haven't had it in a year and I miss it so, so much. My favorite is milk chocolate but dark chocolate is a close second. I'm not a fan of white chocolate.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chocolate isn't my go-to treat but those Cadbury mini eggs with a crunchy shell are my jam. It used to be you could only get them around Easter, but now there is also a Christmas edition. So awesomely melty and good.

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
Chocolate is the work of the devil!

They still sell Cadbury Crunchies here in South Africa - I love 'em. I think they're called Violet Crumbles in Australia? Ooooooh... No post on chocolate is complete without mentioning the two things that were singlehandedly responsible for me gaining 4kg/10lbs on my trip to Australia: chocolate Freddos and caramello koalas. Nom nom nom!

Not a fan of American chocolate, not even Godiva. :(

I love Ferrero Rocher - I'm counting calories and when I'm having a chocolate craving one Ferrero Rocher is usually just enough to take the edge off. Not that I'm an addict, you understand? I control the chocolate, the chocolate does not control me...

I used to be quite into Lindt but I'm kind of over it. One of my closest friends lives in Switzerland and he once told me that over there Lindt is the cheap stuff they give you in bank queues. Refused to believe him, so he sent me pics... I still enjoy the occasional Lindt but somehow it's just not the same. Yeah, I'm a snob.

My friend in Switzerland keeps sending me elaborate packages of "authentic Swiss chocolate" in an effort to educate my palate and he HATES that nine times out of ten I tell him "Cadbury's is better".

I may or may not have once dated a boy purely because his mom worked for Cadbury's. I was 13 at the time - don't judge me! :D

We should do a chocolate exchange like they do for makeup!

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Elliot86|1388936843|3586735 said:
Chocolate isn't my go-to treat but those Cadbury mini eggs with a crunchy shell are my jam. It used to be you could only get them around Easter, but now there is also a Christmas edition. So awesomely melty and good.

I am with you, I love the easter ones :love: For some reason I have issues in my head about red and green food dye so I do not eat the christmas ones but I love the easter ones!!! And the creme eggs nomnomnom. I also like the dove with the caramel inside and the lindor white chocolate balls. Yeah I guess I am a cheap date :wavey:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was spoiled for choice when my then-hubby and I had to travel to Belgium and France on business trips on a regular basis, and treated ourselves to some of the best Belgian chocolates.

It is true that too much of the good thing can dull the senses, as I gone off chocolate for a long time after having a box of Godiva/Neuhaus every week for 6 months!

I would treat myself to a few Godivas whenever I come across one of their shops/counters while visiting London.

Not keen on milk chocolate in general, so white and dark chocolate for me.

At the other end of the scale, I love the white chocolate with crispy raspberry pieces that is available from a low cost supermarket chain called Lidl's.

I tend not to keep chocolate in the house, as I prefer savoury snacks to sweet ones. Got a box of dark chocolate Lindor truffles as a treat for Christmas, and it will last for a few months, as I have only eaten about 4 so far!

DK :))

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Add me to the Cadbury Mini Egg camp. They're my absolute favorite. I stock pile the hell out of them. I like them more when they're the real-deal from UK though, not this American Made-by-Hershey version...

Besides that I am a huge fan of Vosges chocolate. I love their bars, their PB Bon Bons, their marshmallows, their caramels, their hot chocolates--especially the Aztec Elixir...everything. That place is like a death trap for my credit card. I am also a fan of Lindt, all the way up to their 90% bars, but their Lindor Balls are my favorite. I like the Milk Chocolate and Hazelnut options in those. Speaking of amazing hot chocolate, I love the Jacques Torres Wicked hot chocolate as well. I love spicy chocolate with cinnamon spikes. It's amazing. I had my first one from him IN his Soho shop while watching Anthony Bourdain film for his show, literally like moments after we returned from Good Old Gold. It was like the best day ever. Spending time at GOG with Jon, Matt, Marie, Sarah and then seeing Anthony Bourdain, meeting him, and drinking awesome chocolate. I was like...floating.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Trekkie|1388939429|3586754 said:
I used to be quite into Lindt but I'm kind of over it. One of my closest friends lives in Switzerland and he once told me that over there Lindt is the cheap stuff they give you in bank queues. Refused to believe him, so he sent me pics... I still enjoy the occasional Lindt but somehow it's just not the same. Yeah, I'm a snob.

I can easily believe that. I was never a big fan of Lindt.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lady_Disdain|1388948013|3586835 said:
Trekkie|1388939429|3586754 said:

I can easily believe that. I was never a big fan of Lindt.

Lindt tastes waxy to me. Oddly chewy.

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I LOVE THESE! I buy several bags after Easter when they're on sale. :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I love all chocolate and there is nothing better than a fine quality chocolate. However, because I am an equal opportunity chocolate lover, my one quick go to is Peanut M&M's! I could literally eat a whole bag by myself. I seldom buy them because I lose all control around them. Chocolate with nuts is divine. I've been known to mix a bag of semi-sweet baking morsels with cashews...though I HATE having to admit that!!

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
Cozystitches said:

I LOVE THESE! I buy several bags after Easter when they're on sale. :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout:

Christmas ones?????? Why have I not seen this????
I hoard them to last till about July but then I suffer with Lindor truffles

I do like a good old fashioned Milky Way bar.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As I get older I find that I like chocolate less, very odd. My go to is Dove milk chocolates. I also love the junk stuff like Milky Way. I really dislike dark chocolate.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Elisateach|1388953406|3586877 said:
Cozystitches said:

They're little red, green, and white coated spheres! Nom nom nom. :lickout:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My favorite is milk chocolate Lindt. I like Dove promises milk, dark and caramel.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
vc10um|1388958093|3586942 said:
Elisateach|1388953406|3586877 said:
Cozystitches said:

They're little red, green, and white coated spheres! Nom nom nom. :lickout:
I think they're called Ornaments.

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
Found them on Amazon, the ornaments are the Christmas version of Cadbury creme eggs. The others are just called candy coated mini eggs.
I'm seriously tempted to order them! 19.99 for 4 -10oz bags!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results