• long board shorts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 4 6.5%

• Total voters

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
jaysonsmom|1314743524|3005770 said:
My parents have seen me in a 2 piece before, but usually when I take the kids for an 1 hour swim at the pool, and I do wear a cover-up when I'm not in the water. I guess their concern is that on a cruise, people are in a bathing suit 24/7, and they probably don't want me flaunting my goods while standing in line for a snack for eg. And by goods, I don't have much to flaunt....modest B cups here.

I have to ask: Has your mom ever been on a cruise?

soocool

Ideal_Rock
I am in my 50s and can still rock a bikini. However, because of my age I wear tankinis instead. I wore bikinis when I was in my 40s. I cannot wear a 1 piece, because I have a long torso and can't find one that fits (plus I hate having to deal with a one piece when it is wet).

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jaysonsmom|1314732793|3005600 said:
Hi Ladies and Gents,

I'm doing an informal poll on your bathing suit style, and you can post reason why you picked a certain style...
I'm going on a Disney cruise, and just bought 2 bikinis. My mom who is very conservative said that it's a family vacay, I should have gotten tankini's or one-piece. What are your thoughts on appropriate swim attire?
string of course :!: ...please post some pics... :naughty:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maria D|1314738256|3005699 said:
What's taking DF so long to ask for pics?
sorry, i just got home from a BBQ.. :lol:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
soocool|1314746604|3005816 said:
I am in my 50s and can still rock a bikini. However, because of my age I wear tankinis instead. I wore bikinis when I was in my 40s. I cannot wear a 1 piece, because I have a long torso and can't find one that fits (plus I hate having to deal with a one piece when it is wet).
chest shots please!!... :naughty: post some pics on the SMTBoobs forum :!:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wear bikinis that tie together with strings. I suppose these are technically string bikinis, but they aren't itty bitty or anything. I just prefer the string ties because the suits are so much more flattering that way--I can adjust their size so I don't get any unnecessary pooching out at the waist.

I think you should wear whatever you are comfortable wearing!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I wear string or bandeau two-pieces. I go to the lake and beach with my family all the time, and since I'm pretty petite all-around, I don't think that the bathing suits I wear are inappropriate or too revealing.

I say wear your bikini on the trip--bring a cute cover-up if you think that's appropriate, but don't let your parents dictate what you wear on your vacation. Besides, most of the young moms I know wear bikinis and look fabulous and totally appropriate in them.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Aoife|1314745332|3005797 said:
My parents have seen me in a 2 piece before, but usually when I take the kids for an 1 hour swim at the pool, and I do wear a cover-up when I'm not in the water. I guess their concern is that on a cruise, people are in a bathing suit 24/7, and they probably don't want me flaunting my goods while standing in line for a snack for eg. And by goods, I don't have much to flaunt....modest B cups here.

No, my mom has never been on a cruise. We're actually very excited to take my parents on this trip. My parents are all about over-dressing for occasions, my dad even asked if he should bring his tux for this DISNEY cruise. My mom asked if she should pack a long evening gown. I told them that a suit and a cocktail dress would be fine for the formal night.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I am 58 and these are the sorts of bathing suit I own, one piece but not sexy. When my kids were young and I did a lot of bending over, picking up and carrying in my bathing suit. I felt the one-piece suits gave me piece of mind that I wasn't unexpectedly showing skin that was meant to be covered so that's where I left the bikinis behind. Plus I like to be really active in the water.

If you are comfortable in a bikini, wear one. I always buy a matching cover up like a wrap-around skirt for the '"waiting in line" moments.

bathingsuits.gif

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats for getting to go on a Disney cruise! I went on two in the last year. There were plenty of bikinis to go around, more so at Castaway Cay. On the ship I saw more cover ups. Formal night very few had a tux, with most men in a sports jacket and not even a suit. Most women had short dresses, very few were really dolled up. I did the Magic in the Mediterranean last year and even then formal night was not really fancy. Have a blast! On of the best vacations ever!

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Bikini... I feel like there are cuter options

asymons412

Shiny_Rock
Haven|1314749488|3005850 said:
I wear bikinis that tie together with strings. I suppose these are technically string bikinis, but they aren't itty bitty or anything. I just prefer the string ties because the suits are so much more flattering that way--I can adjust their size so I don't get any unnecessary pooching out at the waist.

I think you should wear whatever you are comfortable wearing!

Same here, and for the same reasons! And to be honest, wandering around the poolside bar and buffets in your bikini is the best part of a cruise! ;)) Where else can you get away with that?

FYI, I'm typically pretty conservative, but on a cruise, the object is to feel good-- and laying in the sun in a bikini makes me feel lovely!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maria D|1314738256|3005699 said:
What's taking DF so long to ask for pics?

Brilliant! :appl:

Wear whacha want! I do!

cheers--Sharon

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
My two favorite swimsuits were actually made by Speedo, so I'm tempted to answer Speedo in the poll. :tongue:

I never thought I'd say this because I'm super-modest about my appearance, but I think I gotta go with a two-piece (one with fuller coverage, not like a string bikini). I have one from Speedo that looks like a sports bra on top, and the bottoms cover my butt nicely. It looks better than any other swimsuit I've owned. A tankini would be my second choice.

FWIW, I think there's nothing wrong with a two-piece for a family cruise. Even kids wear them. Just avoid thongs (and I don't mean sandals)...

April20

Ideal_Rock
I always were a bikini- but with decent bottoms- I can't rock smaller ones.

I've never found a one piece that actually fit me correctly- my torso is far too short and I end up looking absolutley awful in them.

I also wear a cover up when I'm not laying out or in the pool. I have about five different ones.

Your parents are going to see a lot more than you in a modest two-piece, that's for sure! I would wear what you want and not worry about it.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I voted other--Since my abs are not what I want to flaunt and I have a more than ample chest, I wear attractive one piece suits with a supportive top and some kind o tummy control. I love to swim and also like speedos, but wouldn't hang out in one on a cruise.

If you can rock a bikini, go for it!

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1314749185|3005846 said:

So DF, what do you wear? I'll bet a speedo or a thong!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
I'm a bikini girl, it suits my hourglass, slightly bottom heavy figure way more than a one piece. I have a fairly flat stomach, unfortunately not the washboard stomach I had in my 20s though! ;(

I very rarely wear a bikini though, I'm always working!! ;( ;( ;(

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
jaysonsmom|1314751342|3005866 said:
Aoife|1314745332|3005797 said:

No, my mom has never been on a cruise. We're actually very excited to take my parents on this trip. My parents are all about over-dressing for occasions, my dad even asked if he should bring his tux for this DISNEY cruise. My mom asked if she should pack a long evening gown. I told them that a suit and a cocktail dress would be fine for the formal night.

That's so sweet of you to treat your parents this way! Dressing up is one of the things I enjoy about cruises, although we've never done a Disney cruise. I hope you all have a wonderful time, and that your parents aren't taken aback by the amount of skin on show poolside. When you get back, it would be great if you let everyone know how it went.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock

This made me laugh out loud...pretty inappropriate, but very funny at the same time.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
centralsquare|1314805849|3006387 said:

This made me laugh out loud...pretty inappropriate, but very funny at the same time.
i agree! there are many bikini threads on PS but no "chest shots"... :(sad... how can you ladies expect any opinions w/o posting some real pics?... :naughty:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you can wear a bikini, as long as you are not wearing a "teenager" bikini, I would totally do that. I typically wear 1 pieces because that is what looks best on me (I love those examples that someone posted). I really like two pieces because they are more user friendly, but again tummy is not washboard and I don't look good in tankinis (extra fabric in exactly the wrong place). what I'd like to do is get a modest bikini top and some kind of swim or board shorts, that would be perfect.

purselover

Ideal_Rock
I always wear string bikinis and do not change that regardless if my family or in-laws are around, and I wouldn't for their comfort I have nothing to be ashamed of.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I will preface this by saying that I am European, so Americans can avoid reading the next line if they are of sensitive disposition... :cheeky:

If I'm in Italy, France or most other continental countries and on the beach/at the lake/private pool then I wear bikini bottoms only. In a public pool I'll wear a bikini.

If I'm in the UK then I wear a wetsuit at the beach because it's blooming freezing. In the pool I either wear a bikini or a speedo style one-piece.

In Muslim countries I wear a suitably modest swimsuit and cover up out of the water.

nfowife

Brilliant_Rock
I've been on a disney cruise. You'll be fine in a bikini and definitely not the only one!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is muumuu an option? 8)

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Here is one of the bikinis I bought. I didn't get it in this color/pattern though. I got it in a coral tie-dye print. It's looks like minimal coverage because it's on a VS model (their girls are pushed up to the max for photoshoots), but it looks more modest on me IMO.

bikini.jpg

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is a totally reasonable bikini to wear around family, IMO. I have a feeling your parents are going to be quite scandalized by the other guests! :cheeky:

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Cute swimsuit, and perfectly appropriate for any cruise.

Have fun!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results