clarity

What is wrong with Pricescope!?

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Define "problems?"

iugurl

Shiny_Rock
When I went to pricescope.com or any of the /forum/rocktalky, hangout etc. it went to a page by google with ads for jewelry websites. As if the site was no longer in existence.

ETA: It has been happening to me on and off for a few hours.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Yep-it completely disappeared for me for about 6 hours today, just the page of ad links! it was like the domain never existed?!?!?!

iugurl

Shiny_Rock
I typed it like normal. www.pricescope.com it is working now, obviously since I am posting. I know I wasn't typing it in wrong, as when I clicked refresh a few minutes ago, it worked and went to pricescope. I am using Mozilla.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, it happened to me tonight as well. But I just got on now with no problem. Some kind of glitch, I guess?

iugurl

Shiny_Rock
Bella_mezzo|1299727261|2868589 said:
Yep-it completely disappeared for me for about 6 hours today, just the page of ad links! it was like the domain never existed?!?!?!

I know! I was so afraid that Pricescope had been shut down permanently or something.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It happened to me too about an hour and a half ago.

Below is what I saw when I entered www.pricescope.com
I took a screen capture of it at 5:56 PM Pacific Standard time.
Later everything was fine.

This is the kind of screen I'll see when the website I entered does not exist.
The scumbags can't just tell you, "WEBSITE DOES NOT EXIST".
They have to try to make a buck with a click-through.

Picture 27.png

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Our server host was having some problems earlier today. We apologize for any inconvenience and we hope it will not occur again.

iugurl

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Ella! I wasn't upset, just afraid Pricescope was no more :((

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Don't worry nothing like that. :))

Just a glitch with the server company that hosts PS for us.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kelpie|1299738117|2868682 said:
Is anyone else having the problem I described below or know how to stop it? I'm not just getting emails every time Kenny posts despite not having a subscription, I'm getting the same emails sent multiple times so I have received about 60 of them in the past few hours. Make it stop!

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/emails-everytime-kenny-posts.157666/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/emails-everytime-kenny-posts.157666/[/URL]

Huh?
I didn't do anything.
And I did not post 60 times in the past few hours.

How weird!
Must be my magical powers. :saint:

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
We should be all good now.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I couldn't get on last night, it took me to some weird list of related topics. It's fixed now (obviously, because i'm here)

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Yep i couldnt get on last night either.

But tell me, is anyone else having problem with Google Chrome? ive been using it for ages and never had any problems, but for the last few weeks its been incredibly glitchy. For instance, on the homepage the tabs usually in the top right hand corner are at the bottom of the screen. If i scroll down i can get to the forum tab and get into each forum. But then i cant click on the first 4 or so topics,it wont let me. And i cant click back to the forum once im in a thread i have to go back to the home page. And i cant post replies...

Its been a little irritating. Ive been using IE but im not the biggest fan of it truth be told...

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Blackpaw|1299774149|2868831 said:

But tell me, is anyone else having problem with Google Chrome? ive been using it for ages and never had any problems, but for the last few weeks its been incredibly glitchy. For instance, on the homepage the tabs usually in the top right hand corner are at the bottom of the screen. If i scroll down i can get to the forum tab and get into each forum. But then i cant click on the first 4 or so topics,it wont let me. And i cant click back to the forum once im in a thread i have to go back to the home page. And i cant post replies...

Its been a little irritating. Ive been using IE but im not the biggest fan of it truth be told...

I've been having this exact same problem. I tired firefox and that seems to be working, but I still prefer googlechrome for ebay and my email. I thought that was just a PS issue because it also happened with IE for me too.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I couldn't get on last night or today until recently. I use GC and I also tried IE. I had emailed Ella and knew it was a server problem, but gosh, it almost made me have withdrawal to lose may main source of entertainment! :-o

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can get on 4:00 pm cst on my iPhone but not on my desktop; Mozilla or ie. Both tell me URL not found on this server.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had trouble yesterday, I missed this place, gosh I think I spend to much time here lol

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
It should be back for everyone soon.

Have a Great Day!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
RissaLou|1299784091|2868931 said:
Blackpaw|1299774149|2868831 said:

I've been having this exact same problem. I tired firefox and that seems to be working, but I still prefer googlechrome for ebay and my email. I thought that was just a PS issue because it also happened with IE for me too.

Same problem here...

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
When I click on the 'view the latest post' icon, it takes me to the top of the thread, rather than to the latest post. It's been happening consistantly for several days now, and I miss it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results