shape
carat
color
clarity

What is the latest greatest on earring backs?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
I have screwbacks on my 2ctw studs. They are basket set (although I really like the martini-maybe down the road?) and I''m kind of drooping. Not badly, but it''s like they need little stud bras.
25.gif

I''ve been reading through the archives for what people like and am getting a variety of ideas. When I have this problem with costume jewelry, I just put on those wide backs you can find in a dept store. Would you use something like that with your diamond studs? I cringe at the thought of losing one. What would you guys advise?

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
They aren''t new, but I have the la pousette backs and from what I understand you can have a new notch put on the post if they''re drooping to tighten them. I certainly agree.... no costume backs for diamonds! too risky!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Thanks. I like the idea of something clicking, so I know it''s locked (is that what LP''s do?). I''m always wondering if my screwbacks are unwinding themselves during the day.

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
You could get what they call weighted backs, they look like little disks and they have a hole and a soddered butterfly back on them. They help with the droopieness

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/20/2006 11:37:11 AM
Author: ~*Alexis*~
You could get what they call weighted backs, they look like little disks and they have a hole and a soddered butterfly back on them. They help with the droopieness
Oh, interesting. Where do you get those?

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
You can go to any jewler and I am sure that they could order them for you. They are relativley cheap.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/20/2006 12:26:20 PM
Author: ~*Alexis*~
You can go to any jewler and I am sure that they could order them for you. They are relativley cheap.
Thanks a lot.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/20/2006 11:08:31 AM
Author: justjulia
Thanks. I like the idea of something clicking, so I know it''s locked (is that what LP''s do?). I''m always wondering if my screwbacks are unwinding themselves during the day.

Yup, LP''s click into place and can''t be removed unless you hold down both of the release "buttons". Sounds like you have a couple of options now.

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/20/2006 10:33:19 AM
Author:justjulia
I have screwbacks on my 2ctw studs. They are basket set (although I really like the martini-maybe down the road?) and I''m kind of drooping. Not badly, but it''s like they need little stud bras.
25.gif

I''ve been reading through the archives for what people like and am getting a variety of ideas. When I have this problem with costume jewelry, I just put on those wide backs you can find in a dept store. Would you use something like that with your diamond studs? I cringe at the thought of losing one. What would you guys advise?
9.gif

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
LP, 100%!! I have them and love them. Comfort of friction back. Security of screwbacks. And they lock in.

By the way, have you had more surgery yet? I''m disliking my ears more and more. My birthday is not until June and I have started saving up to get that done. It bugs the heck out of me! How has it healed? Any trace of the old holes??

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/20/2006 1:46:49 PM
Author: sumbride

Date: 9/20/2006 11:08:31 AM
Author: justjulia

Yup, LP''s click into place and can''t be removed unless you hold down both of the release ''buttons''. Sounds like you have a couple of options now.
Love the lp idea, thanks!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/20/2006 2:16:51 PM
Author: Christa

Date: 9/20/2006 10:33:19 AM
Author:justjulia
25.gif

9.gif
Yep, maybe little Wonder Bras...strapless...push up....ok, I''m laughing now...

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/20/2006 2:19:17 PM
Author: asscherisme
LP, 100%!! I have them and love them. Comfort of friction back. Security of screwbacks. And they lock in.

By the way, have you had more surgery yet? I''m disliking my ears more and more. My birthday is not until June and I have started saving up to get that done. It bugs the heck out of me! How has it healed? Any trace of the old holes??
Oh, Asscherisme.....oooooooooohhhhhhhh. Your timing is impecable. Just yesterday, I had my hair up and looked in the car passenger mirror..husband was driving.. I noticed that there is a little "crater" where the hole was. Yes, a crater. Not really awful, but it does leave me wondering if I would rather have the hole or the crater. It''s like a little scar that is sunken in a little. Hard to explain. The scar is hard and pretty thick...I asked my husband if he could see it and he said that he wasn''t going to say anything because he knew how much I wanted this to work, but he did notice that the scar was possibly more distracting than the hole!!!! Can you imagine?! I''m just heartbroken thinking about it, but, hey, I had to try, right? Maybe with some more healing it will disappear more? I will have to get him to take a close up pic some time, if you care to see. I''m probably making a mtn out of a mole hill, but I banked so much on this being an ongoing process and now I don''t think I will carry it any further. The jury''s still out.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results