shape
carat
color
clarity

What is/are your currently jewellery project(s)?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am in the process of collecting baroque white South Sea pearls with silver overtone of 15mm or over, in the hope to create a necklace in time for my 50th birthday in February 2015.

I dubbed it my Wilma Flintstone necklace, and have enlisted the help of Sven at Agustus-Collection/Eastern Trade Winds to source the pearls for me, and the clasp will be sourced from KGH,

I started this project back in June 2012, and have a grand total of 1 pearl so far!

I am very picky with shapes and colours, hence the process of finding suitable pearls had been slow.

However, Sven is confident that he would be able to source sufficient pearls for me in time.

After this, I shall work on my EC upgrade by either re-setting it or getting some stacker rings to wear with it.

Fellow PSers, what is/are your current jewellery project(s)?

DK :))

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
I bought a pair of Ceylon sapphires from an etsy vendor to set into my empty gold leverback settings. Can't wait to get them! :))

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't have one. I'm quite happy with what I have at the moment. I do want a few things, but I see them as being at least a few years away. I have other life things I'm working on at the moment, hopefully a great holiday, buying a flat, and DH needs a new car and wants quite a costly one.

If I were to find a sapphire or ruby eternity ring for a reasonable price I wouldn't pass them over.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine are earrings. The other night, I went online and checked current prices for the size I plan to get so I have an idea of what my budget will allow. We just made a major purchase so I have to wait until next month to get my earrings. I had planned to buy them in Dec, but might be earlier if there are any promotions that come up w/the two vendors I am considering. Right now, I cannot find the ones I'm looking for (wanting a specific sized-table on the stones!).

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought an Octavia I need to get set.
It will be in a tension setting.
I just can't decide on the metal and design.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
I have always wanted a carre/asscher eternity to go with my asscher. However there are none here (even baguette eternity) for me to try to see what it looks like. I think it may be too blingy, therefore hesitation.

Don't get me wrong, I am happy with the asscher alone. But I want, I want the eternity. Note- not a necessity. :)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was working on one of mine today. I have a 6mm heart that is a peach sapphire. I had it put in a YG ring that has a thin band and 2 pear shaped diamonds .20 ctw. My problem is the way they mounted it the top of the heart is even with one side of the ring so the pointed side sticks out quite a bit. I just don't like the point. I like the color so every time I return to that store I ask to see what peachy-pink sapphires they have. Today they had a great salmon colored oval but it was too big for the ring. I can upgrade the ring and get a wider band but I plan on buying a new iPad so I didn't want to spend that much money today. That will be a project for some future date.

I want to have our original wedding rings melted down and made in to a gold band to wear.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm working on a rhr. Want to get a diamond band (or two) to wear w/my wedding set and as alternate bands when I just want a little sparkle. Then at some point I will reset my opal pendant..I love the setting it's in, and it was handmade by a PSer, it's just too big for me..(which is sooo not supposed to be a PS word)..I think I need something less bold.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have long been totally, totally enamoured with a pair of baby bezel studs that Daniel M made for Yssie a while back, pink sapphires in rose gold. I've been looking now and then for a pair of hot pink stones that would fit the bill, but other expenses got in the way, etc etc. Also I want to be able to wear them in my diamond jackets, so they would have to be 5.5mm in diameter, bezel included... so finding the right size was no mean feat either. I finally found and bought a pair of 4.4mm hot pink mahenge spinels yesterday! They will be on their way to Daniel M shortly. I am a yellow gold girl and was thinking about having them set into YG, but the colour would look amazing in rose, so that's the plan. I guess I'll just have to get a rose gold band to wear in place of my wedding ring, to match :bigsmile:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love seeing everyone's projects. :love:

The projects I currently have in the works before the YE are:

- set the small rubies bought recently into an eternity band and one or two bracelets or bangles, one to have diamonds alternating with the rubies. I'm planning to use the small diamonds I currently have available, the 25pts and 12.5pts; and

- set a couple of small cushion-shaped emeralds bought recently into earrings; or sidestones to a 3-stone ring maybe with a centre hot pink sapphire (one that won't cost more than $1k).

The projects which I am planning for next year are:

- buy a Cartier Love bangle, with all diamonds preferably. This has been on my wish-list for a few years now; I think I will finally pull the trigger and get it directly from Cartier next year; or I might get it in time for my combined b'day-and-Xmas present towards the end of this year...we'll see....

- reset my 2.656ct BGD into a 3-stone RHR if it doesn't sell by next year. I am thinking ruby sides or diamond sides (don't know which yet); and

- maybe (just maybe) upgrade my J's if they don't sell soon into a line necklace with 30pts or 40pts from BGD.

I was thinking of getting a larger emerald (about 3 or 4ct) and have it set into a split-shank halo but the ones I really like cost USD60k and upwards. Given that I still have diamonds unsold, I'm unwilling to commit that kind of money into a new project any time soon.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rhea|1382812588|3545136 said:
I don't have one. I'm quite happy with what I have at the moment. I do want a few things, but I see them as being at least a few years away. I have other life things I'm working on at the moment, hopefully a great holiday, buying a flat, and DH needs a new car and wants quite a costly one.

If I were to find a sapphire or ruby eternity ring for a reasonable price I wouldn't pass them over.

Rhea,

I just bought some ruby melee, some cost as little as $40 per carat. They are heated though and are not a deep pigeon red but pretty enough. If you'd like, I could pass the contact details of the dealer along to you. He's not based in the US, but importing loose stones into the US should be relatively hassle-free.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix|1382851029|3545439 said:
Rhea|1382812588|3545136 said:

Rhea,

I just bought some ruby melee, some cost as little as $40 per carat. They are heated though and are not a deep pigeon red but pretty enough. If you'd like, I could pass the contact details of the dealer along to you. He's not based in the US, but importing loose stones into the US should be relatively hassle-free.

I'm in the UK :) I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking for at the moment. I think I want to find a ready-made ring, perhaps vintage, because I'm not the best dealing with custom-made and wouldn't know where to go for a reasonable price in England. Thank you for your offer though! I really do appreciate it. And if I change my mind I'll attempt to find you via PS and LT.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rhea,

I am in the UK also, and have not purchased any high end new jewellery here for the past 15 years or so, as I can get better quality by importing from abroad or travelling to Antwerp.

For my EC upgrade/re-set, I am likely to go with Engagement Ring Direct as they have 2 settings that I really like.

If I were to buy a new stone, I would go back to Rob van Beurden in Antwerp, or go to Good Old Gold.

I visited the peeps at Rumour in London and they seemed to know what they are doing, however, they do not have a workshop on site, have a look at the past projects and see if anything takes your fancy: http://www.rumouronline.com/bespoke/Bespoke-thumbnails.htm

DK :))

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rhea,

I did know you were from the UK, but forgot for a moment - my bad! :nono:

Have you considered Grays Antiques? You might also consider Christies and Sothebys. There are some really lovely antique jewellery in the UK.

Pls feel free to give me a shout on PS any time you'd like. I don't currently have anything on LT.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a 19 pt kornerupine, a 10 pt diamond, and an approximately 13x10mm pretty spectacular Lightening Ridge black opal doublet, wending its way to the amazing Elizabeth Ryle for an estimate on a granulated pendant in 22k gold. Elizabeth Ryle is the jeweler who did the pendant in my avatar, and I adore her work.

After THAT - and it will likely be a while, I have an 8-ish carat fat teardrop-shaped citrine that will be made into a pendant with it in a simple framed gold bezel on a double barbell type hinge, below a granulated bezel holding an east-west 78 pt marquise diamond I inherited from my mother.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
After my EC upgrade/re-set, I am hoping to get a couple of convertible/multi-use pearl clasps made.

Just hope I live long enough to get some wear out of them by the time they are made!

DK :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results