shape
carat
color
clarity

What does your avatar and screen name signify?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know there''s been talk in the past of people''s avatars, and I just wondered why people chose what they did. My avatar is one of my cats, Henry . I chose my name because I was addicted to The West Wing and when we got our other cat, we named her Zoe, after President Bartlett''s daughter. I call her Zoe Bartlett in homage of The West Wing.

How ''bout you?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
hahaha I *just* changed my avatar - comes from here lol Before that I had a diamond skull with quartz eyeballs that irina made at my request and then got further corrupted LOL!

My name is... well picture me at 14 bored to heck with the name Sara and thinking I should spell it Cehra, which I did for like 3 months. My childhood nickname was Sara Bear and years ago when I was coming online I thought oh I''ll just use Cehra and Behra and be both familiar and anonymous.... and it kinda just stuck.

Arg! The pirate! He''s after my booty!

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
My screen name- Back in the ''80s, I was very into the underground goth scene and nytemist was one of my ''goth'' names. My good friend then (still to this day) was called nytemaire. I''m still the same, just not the extreme like then.

My avatar is Selene from the Underworld movie. I love the character, she is so cool. Plus, I love vampyre-theme movies. I want to change it to a neat goth Helly Kitty (I love her) but for some reason I haven''t been able to.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
My avatar is Woofie, our mini dachshund. He was 7 weeks old in that picture, it was the one the breeder sent us. My screenname is because my name is Amber, and I loved that part of the song "Oh Beautiful", "Amber waves of grain." I had no idea it was a **** star in Boogie Nights, I swear.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
strmrdr == storm rider
cuz I like storms and briefly was a storm chaser before it became popular.
The pic is self explanatory :}

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Ok, mine''s pretty simple, actually. My name means "princess" and starts with an "s"...hence the 3 s''s at the end instead of 2. I have no avatar at the moment but it shouldn''t be too long until I find one I like...

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sara,

When I first joined PS, I saw your name and it took FOREVER to understand it. I used to practice sounding it out "ceh-ra...what? ceh-ra-b...what the heck does this say???" Finally it just clicked. "OH! behra rhymes with cehra! Duh."
9.gif
I love the new avatar! I like seeing the new ones you come up with. It''s refreshing.
1.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2007 2:02:53 PM
Author: AmberWaves
My avatar is Woofie, our mini dachshund. He was 7 weeks old in that picture, it was the one the breeder sent us. My screenname is because my name is Amber, and I loved that part of the song ''Oh Beautiful'', ''Amber waves of grain.'' I had no idea it was a **** star in Boogie Nights, I swear.
9.gif
9.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2007 2:03:09 PM
Author: strmrdr
strmrdr == storm rider

Really? I always thought it was "Storm Radar" becasue you used some sort of radar to chase storms. How you would have done that I have no idea but that''s what I thought.
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
My avatar got a make over by Irina a while ago.
1.gif
Kaleigh is a name I love and it was available when I registered.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
thing2of2 is from the Dr. Suess book "The Cat in the Hat." I have a twin sister and my mom called us Thing 1 and Thing 2 because in the book they''re these little twin people who are crazy and messy. My sister made up thing1of2 and thing2of2 as our screen names on AOL years and years ago. (I''m the younger twin so that''s why I''m 2of2.)

The picture is of my kitty in a really small shoebox. She loves boxes of all kinds and she''s tiny, but this was a very small shoebox for her to fit into and her fluff is hanging over the edges...I''ll have to post the full size pic so everyone can see how cute she is.

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
My avatar is a drawing of Clio, the muse of history. I''m a historian, so it seemed fitting.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I took my name from the scene in ''Titanic'' where Jack shows Rose his drawings. He shows her one sketch of an old woman in a bar wearing all of her jewelry and says: "Oh and this lady? She used to sit at this one bar every night wearing every piece of jewelry she owned just waiting for her long lost love. I called her Madame Bijoux."

I chose my avatar becaise I resemble her a little.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Thing2, my FI is terrified of Thing 1 and Thing 2. I don''t know why, but they scare the hell out of him!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy is short for Skipper of a boat or a Skipper butterfly.j/k. I just liked Skippy; plus it sounds happy
25.gif
. I hate having 123 at the end of Skippy, but another user had Skippy so that is how I got the 123.
My avatar is me! Hubby took a sideways pic of me and I liked it. We were in Santa Fe for the day about 3 weeks ago so we taking pics for fun
9.gif

Thing2of2, glad you told us what your name means. When I wanted to respond to you I couldn't remember if you were 2of2things and then I had to go back and look before I posted. Wow, that is so awesome you are a twin! Identical???

Zoe, I was just like you with Cehra. I kept thinking "How the heck do you say her name???" Then I heard John from Whiteflash say it during a presentation.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2007 2:11:44 PM
Author: zoebartlett

Date: 6/25/2007 2:03:09 PM
strmrdr == storm rider

Really? I always thought it was ''Storm Radar'' becasue you used some sort of radar to chase storms. How you would have done that I have no idea but that''s what I thought.
9.gif
lol
I love the different stories people come up with for my nickname! LOL

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2007 2:37:37 PM

lol
Oh Gosh, I knew you were Storm but I thought the whole name was Stormer Doctor. LOL!!!!! Oh goodness.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So should I change my screenname to Miss B? Hubby sometimes calls me that just for fun when I get into a bitchy mood. We enjoyed watching "The Pretender" a few years ago, and we adored the catty and bitchy attitude Miss Parker had. Miss B is just an offshoot of that name.
9.gif

Chrono = Time

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
My avatar, I just like angels and the girl's hair kind of looks like mine..hehe

Mandarine, in Spanish is "Mandarina" which rhimes with my real name and is what my best friend has always called me (since we were like 12).
37.gif

M~

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2007 2:41:47 PM
Author: Skippy123
Date: 6/25/2007 2:37:37 PM

lol

Oh Gosh, I knew you were Storm but I thought the whole name was Stormer Doctor. LOL!!!!! Oh goodness.
I thought stormer door. Like storm windows/storm doors you put on in the summer, to protect your real doors/windows. I guess I don't really try to decode peoples' screen names, just take the most literal pronunciation I can from their spelling... I NEVER in a million years would have thought "storm rider"!

My screen name is from a screenwriter I worked with. He said I was his muse, and after a while just nicknamed me "Musey." That's what I was known as on-set
20.gif
(apparently some of the boom operators thought my name was actually "Muse," haha! so cheesey).

My avatar has been changing lately. I don't remember what it was before February, but after that it has been my e-ring, then the infamous Dramatic Rodent (short stint, from Saturday night until this morning
9.gif
), and now it's one of my favorite photographer's pics (which is also the inspiration for my wedding decor)! It'll probably change by the end of the day, though, because while this pic kinda exemplifies our wedding plans, I don't think it's very representative of "me." Not that it has to be!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, Strmrdr! I thought you might have taken your name from the Doors song 'Riders on the Storm"

Riders on the storm
Riders on the storm
Into this house we're born
Into this world we're thrown
Like a dog without a bone
An actor out on loan
Riders on the storm
Theres a killer on the road
His brain is squirmin like a toad
Take a long holiday
Let your children play
If ya give this man a ride
Sweet memory will die
Killer on the road, yeah
Girl ya gotta love your man
Take him by the hand
Make him understand
The world on you depends
Our life will never end
Gotta love your man, yeah
Wow!
Riders on the storm
Riders on the storm
Into this house we're born
Into this world we're thrown
An actor out alone
Riders on the storm
Riders on the storm
Riders on the storm
Riders on the storm
Riders on the storm
Riders on the storm

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2007 3:24:04 PM
Author: Madam Bijoux

Hi, Strmrdr! I thought you might have taken your name from the Doors song ''Riders on the Storm''

Riders on the storm
Riders on the storm
Into this house we''re born
Into this world we''re thrown
An actor out on loan
Riders on the storm
Theres a killer on the road
His brain is squirmin like a toad
Take a long holiday
Let your children play
If ya give this man a ride
Sweet memory will die
Killer on the road, yeah
Take him by the hand
Make him understand
The world on you depends
Our life will never end
Gotta love your man, yeah
Wow!
Riders on the storm
Riders on the storm
Into this house we''re born
Into this world we''re thrown
An actor out alone
Riders on the storm
Riders on the storm
Riders on the storm
Riders on the storm
Riders on the storm
Riders on the storm
I do love that song but nope :}

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
I tried to find a good picture of a trout for *ages*...

Avatar is ring, before that was Chen our cat the elder. I really like fish, and fishing, and all forms of aquatic life. When I was 9 or so I caught a rainbow trout and brought it home in a bucket and tried to keep it with my goldfish. Well....it ate my goldfish, annnnd then it died. I guess I fed my goldfish to my snake anyway, so no great loss. But he was such a pretty fish. That was my first big lesson on why some creatures just can''t be kept in captivity.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2007 3:29:57 PM
Author: rainbowtrout

I tried to find a good picture of a trout for *ages*...
Here are a few.............

rainbowtrout.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

rainbowtrout1.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
last one...

rainbowtrout7.jpg

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Did you catch that one? Beautiful!

I meant one for my avatar, but those are nice! Maybe the Audobon one can be sized down....

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
You should be able to shrink them/skew them down for avatar?

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Avatar: My favorite person ever. Screenname: Is a nickname i had since the 7th grade. It''s a mish mash of my full name, and is said "Nick-Rez"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results