shape
carat
color
clarity

What does your avatar and screen name signify?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2007 11:42:33 PM
Author: Haven
Ooh--I love this thread.

My name is just one of my favorite words, and I''ve never posted to a board before, so when I needed an anonymous screen name I wanted something I''d like seeing frequently.

My avatars are usually pictures of my pets. Right now it''s my very lazy, somewhat overweight 2-year-old tabby, Manny. He literally sits like that on the couch ALL THE TIME, he is he best.

Nicrez--AH is one of my favorite people, too. Have you seen the new(ish) book, The Audrey Hepburn Treasures? I''ve actually been gifted that book THREE times in the past year, I guess it''s a pretty obvious gift for a Hepburn fan. Anyway, it is FABULOUS.

Thing2of2--I love your name! I have a huge affection for all things Dr. Seuss, and I always think happy things when I see your name pop up.
Haven:

I have it, and LOVE IT! She''s wonderful and a friend of mine actually knew her and worked with her. How inspiring. What i like the most was that she was not just a pretty, delicate thing, but a real person, with issues and insecurities, and so very human but still a good person. I admire her life.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/25/2007 2:00:35 PM
Author: nytemist
My screen name- Back in the ''80s, I was very into the underground goth scene and nytemist was one of my ''goth'' names. My good friend then (still to this day) was called nytemaire. I''m still the same, just not the extreme like then.

My avatar is Selene from the Underworld movie. I love the character, she is so cool. Plus, I love vampyre-theme movies. I want to change it to a neat goth Helly Kitty (I love her) but for some reason I haven''t been able to.
Ahhhhh! Hahah, I always read yours as "NY temist" -- and I never had any clue what a temist was!! Thanks for clearing that up
9.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2007 4:03:34 PM
Author: ellaila

Date: 6/25/2007 2:00:35 PM
Author: nytemist
My screen name- Back in the ''80s, I was very into the underground goth scene and nytemist was one of my ''goth'' names. My good friend then (still to this day) was called nytemaire. I''m still the same, just not the extreme like then.

My avatar is Selene from the Underworld movie. I love the character, she is so cool. Plus, I love vampyre-theme movies. I want to change it to a neat goth Helly Kitty (I love her) but for some reason I haven''t been able to.
Ahhhhh! Hahah, I always read yours as ''NY temist'' -- and I never had any clue what a temist was!! Thanks for clearing that up
9.gif
Oh wait, it''s NOT "NY Temist?" I wondered what a "temist" was too. I''m not up on goth, apparently.
9.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
About my ostrich: He roams free, just like me. Excited. Full of energy. Eager for adventure!

About the screen name: I found PS when my then long time bf was talking about engagement. When we talked about it, I felt like I would (and once actually DID) throw up. Clearly a hilariously BAD plan. PHEW that I figured that one out. Strong clue.

I started dating my soon-to-be-FI soon after that, but didn''t want to commit right away and was enjoying my independence! But by then I was addicted to diamonds. I finally signed up to ask whether people thought it was weird for me to buy MYSELF diamonds, and the general chorus was NO! I''ve been buying myself jewelry ever since!

So I chose ''Independent Gal'' because when I signed up, that was very much the joyful mood I was in.

Though I strongly suspect that TONIGHT''s the night that I will be getting a diamond that I did NOT buy for myself.

Indy Gal will be an Engaged Gal? We''ll see! But I suspect.
28.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2007 4:23:44 PM
Author: Independent Gal
About my ostrich: He roams free, just like me. Excited. Full of energy. Eager for adventure!

About the screen name: I found PS when my then long time bf was talking about engagement. When we talked about it, I felt like I would (and once actually DID) throw up. Clearly a hilariously BAD plan. PHEW that I figured that one out. Strong clue.

I started dating my soon-to-be-FI soon after that, but didn''t want to commit right away and was enjoying my independence! But by then I was addicted to diamonds. I finally signed up to ask whether people thought it was weird for me to buy MYSELF diamonds, and the general chorus was NO! I''ve been buying myself jewelry ever since!

So I chose ''Independent Gal'' because when I signed up, that was very much the joyful mood I was in.

Though I strongly suspect that TONIGHT''s the night that I will be getting a diamond that I did NOT buy for myself.

28.gif
How exciting!!! Good luck!!!
36.gif

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
Ell and Zoe- that is too funny! I never thought it looked like I was creating my own words!

It''s just a play on the word night. We were really into Olde English as well, so we wrote the names to kind of mimic that style.

Such a dramatic word for evening fog!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2007 4:28:41 PM
Author: Kaleigh

Date: 6/26/2007 4:23:44 PM
Author: Independent Gal

28.gif
How exciting!!! Good luck!!!
36.gif
Yah! I am happy for you here too!
35.gif

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know if I already posted this in one of the other threads (can't remember) but my screen name comes from the fact that I'm Irish (descent) and in college one of my roommates deemed me the angel because I never did anything illegal. =)

I found the avatar when I was looking for a cute penguin (they're my fav, along with pigs) and this little guy spoke to me.
2.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the great comments about my big fat cat--mushing and squishing him when I get home is my greatest pleasure!

Thing2of2--My sister and I HAVE matching Dr. Seuss tattoos, how funny! Mine is the orange fish from The Lorax, and my sister's is the same fish, but blue (our college colors were orange & blue . . . ) They are on the top of our right feet, I like my tattoos where I can hide 'em so I can still look nice and neat in a little black dress! (I have the silhouette of an acacia tree and an elephant on the inside of my right foot.)

Nicrez--Your friend worked for Audrey Hepburn?! How incredible; she is such a wonderful role model.

IndependentGal--I love your ostrich, he is one of my favorites!

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/26/2007 11:07:57 AM
Author: *~*Danielle*~*
Mine is boring - my screen name is my name, and my avatar is my engagement ring!
Danielle--Even though I don''t think yours is boring because you have a beautiful avatar pic and I think Danielle is a beautiful name, you can feel better now...mine is REALLY boring. Mine is my name (at least it''s spelled right, I won''t even bore you with my lifetime of it being spelled every way but the right way...actually, now that I''m older I find it amusing) and I picked a yellow person because it seemed cheerful (sunny) and I was more anxious to sign onto Pricescope to ask a question than creating a personal avatar.

I hope to create a new avatar sometime fairly soon....maybe my own engagement ring!!! (fingers crossed)

Lady Lulu

Shiny_Rock
Well, I just changed my avtar from the stock blue butterfly to my beautiful 5 stone classic ring by Leon Mege''.

My screen name is for my beloved 14 year old female basset hound - "LuLu".

When I first found PS (and was still a lurker) I noticed for me personally, it was so much easier to follow threads when people used whole words/names as their screen names. I actually chose my name because of the movie Little Miss Sunshine (w/Steve Carrell). I had just watched it (twice in two days) and I hightly recommend it. But, coincidently, I also love the Roger Hargreaves "Little Miss ___ " and "Mr. Men" books so I picked my avatar of the book cover of "Little Miss Sunshine." I read them since I was a kid, and now the t-shirts are very trendy. It cracks my mother and me up every time we see them, because I am sure a lot of people don''t realize all the characters come from his books.

I love hearing everyone''s stories!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2007 10:50:07 PM
Author: little miss sunshine
When I first found PS (and was still a lurker) I noticed for me personally, it was so much easier to follow threads when people used whole words/names as their screen names. I actually chose my name because of the movie Little Miss Sunshine (w/Steve Carrell). I had just watched it (twice in two days) and I hightly recommend it. But, coincidently, I also love the Roger Hargreaves ''Little Miss ___ '' and ''Mr. Men'' books so I picked my avatar of the book cover of ''Little Miss Sunshine.'' I read them since I was a kid, and now the t-shirts are very trendy. It cracks my mother and me up every time we see them, because I am sure a lot of people don''t realize all the characters come from his books.

I love hearing everyone''s stories!!

I LOVED those books growing up! I am so excited they are for sale on Amazon. I wish they sold it as a box set b/c I would love to have all of them.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
The books were great! I read them all as a kid.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
My avatar is a mask. Someone once said "the whole world is my audience." I missed my calling as an actor. And the name....well I wanted something dark and mysterious, and it just sounded cool.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
My choice of avatar indicates that I am a very creative person with tons of personality...(well, actually it means I am just too lazy to read and learn how to upload a personal choice, so I just kept the stock clipart.)

My name is in reference to my young boyfriend asking his "know it all" best friend (that sounds derogatory...but it isn''t actually-he really does know EVERYTHING)...to help him in a diamond search for an engagement ring. He was asked what size stone? And his reply was, YOU KNOW A DOORKNOB!

(doorknobs around the turn of the century were a large chunk of crystal or glass, usually faceted and the all the rage. If you squint really hard when you look at one you are reminded of a diamond. Oh neither of us were around during that time, but we were bequeathed a few sets of said DOORKNOBS-they are really something!).

DoorKnob

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
We had a doorknob like that on our bathroom door, I hated it- it was always freezing and when it was AM in the winter you''d get quite a shock!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My avatar''s just a pic of my rings I took last summer...I need to change it again soon, I get tired of seeing that orange all the time, lol!

My screen name is more meaningful. When I first registered at PS, my father had been very ill with cancer and after two years was just beginning to get better. He loves monarch butterflies, and he was 64 when I registered, so I chose "monarch64." Actually on our wedding day two years prior, I didn''t know my father had been diagnosed yet...we had an outdoor ceremony, and dad was telling me at the reception that when he walked me down the aisle he noticed the monarchs were out in full force! (It was a late September wedding in IL, so common for them to be around at that time of year). He''s in my thoughts all the time, and especially when I''m on PS and log in, which is quite a bit, hee hee.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Monarch, that''s lovely. When my much loved grandma passed on, my dad was at her burial, and noticed a butterfly followed the hearse to the site and stayed until the service was over. It sounds morbid but it was beautiful, since it was just my dad and my two aunts- a private ceremony.

I think your story was very touching.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Amberwaves! My dad is in remission now, four years later, after extensive surgeries and a stint in ICU after he was in cardiac arrest for over 30 minutes. If you saw him today and did not know what he''d been through you would think he was just a regular healthy 66 year old! The monarch is really a sign of hope for me, and a positive thought from a time when things were very uncertain. I''ve never told my dad that I use that as my screen name, he lives 5 hours away from us and the subject has never come up, plus he would be like "what''s a screen name?" LOL. But I think maybe I will write him a letter or tell him next time I talk to him. Sweet story about your grandma, it''s funny and amazing how heightened our sense are during those times, we seem to notice the everyday things that are so beautiful and special which we wouldn''t otherwise.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Monarch, I love your screen name being used in honor of your father. Your father raise a wonderful daughter. Your story is very touching.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Skippy! I just found out tonight that my brother and SIL are pregnant, it will be my parents'' first grandbaby, and I know my dad is SO excited! He already has names chosen for boys and girls, and they just found out a couple days ago, isn''t that funny! It will be so good for him to be around a baby, he loves kids and now he will have a grandbaby to teach all his worldly wisdom to! He will be a great grandpa (OMG, my dad''s going to be a grandpa!)!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
My avatar is my latest and greatest reset of my w-ring...

My screen name means "Scuba Diving Girl".... aka divergrrl. I am a diving freak....If I could do that all the time I would. Its a religious experience to me! :) I''m certified thru NAUI & I learned to dive in the icy cold Pacific Ocean in the Northwest....in an arctic wetsuit no less!! (couldn''t afford a drysuit when I was a youngster).

So cold water, warm water, tropics or limited visibility of the NW...I''ll take it...just get me underwater!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
that is wonderful news; congrats to being an aunt soon. I feel your joy! My Mom had a massive brain tumor 2 years ago and survived her surgery. A year later my sister had a baby and he is such a blessing and of course it's such a joy to see my parents enjoy their grand baby. I understand your happiness that your dad will be such a proud and wonderful grandfather!
12.gif

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Maisie , I was wondering if that was your hubsters.....he is hunka hunka hot!!!! And of course James is too cute for words.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
My avatar is my doggie-Amber. She''s a golden retriever and she loves getting under the covers and sleeping. My screen name is what some friends call me-it''s like a shortened version of my real name

Picos

Rough_Rock
Pico''s is my favourite Mexican restraunt. I actually like the food there & not want it to be Tex-mex or smother it with cheese.
11.gif

My avatar is the "best" picture of my ring, sized in photoshop. I do not weild a camera well & haven''t been able to take pictures in the sun.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
DKS, we had a knob like that in our old house, and it came loose. When we sold the house I kept it as a momento, still have it. (It was only 7 years ago but still). I love it and always thought it was cool. Tiffany''s has a paperweight that looks like a big brilliant cut diamond and I love it.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
As a butterfly lover, it is great. I love the significance. So glad your dad is well and will have a grandbaby to love! I like happy stories the most!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
The first half of my screen name is my cat''s name (Omie) and I was trying to be clever with the 2nd part, now it just seems silly to me! Would love to get a picture of my cat for the avitar, can anyone help?

Monarch, I am glad to hear that your father is doing well and that he was able to be at your wedding. Speaking of your wedding, late September is a great time (weather wise) to get married in the Chicago area as it is not too hot, but still warm. I hope you had a lovely ceremony!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results