shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you get compliments on the most?

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Asscherhalo_lover|1407855983|3730864 said:
My ability to chug a beer in about 3 seconds. It always impresses.

:shock: :mrgreen: Nice and IMPRESSIVE! I think I could do it in 5 with a funnel!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My two Westies; clean house and hostessing.
Appearance, my skin/teeth. I'm 55 but the skin on my face does not look 55 and I had really good orthodontia as a kid and have always kept my dental status tip top.

Other than that I'm a wreck :lol:

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
SB621|1407871390|3731008 said:
Asscherhalo_lover|1407855983|3730864 said:
My ability to chug a beer in about 3 seconds. It always impresses.

:shock: :mrgreen: Nice and IMPRESSIVE! I think I could do it in 5 with a funnel!

Whoever has the loudest burp gets my vote :lol:

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Fashion choices (people seem to like dresses, colored scarves and fun jewelry the most)
Intelligence & career success (family)
Organization & communication skills (colleagues & employees)

Anne

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
I get told I keep an immaculate house and people in town are always telling my husband "your wife is so nice!"

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
My supposedly fearless approach to being able to talk to anyone. Or so I've been told.

Here's the truth. I'm shy and an introvert. It's how I challenge myself daily, and I can see that it's hard for people to make the first move. I'll do it then. It's only a fear.

Shhh, don't tell anyone.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My height. Although I'm not sure when people say "you're so TALL" that they're complimenting me or just boggled. I'm 5'11" and always wear heels so I think that gets them too. Not many tall girls want to be taller but damnit the shoes are just so pretty!

I used to always get comments on my neck too (not so much now that the wrinkles are starting). It's pretty long. When I was in high school a guy was trying to put me down by calling me giraffe neck. Silly boy didn't realize I was complimented. Total backfire.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I get the most complements on my outfits , yard and being a good friend. The complement that makes me the happiest are when my nieces and nephews tell me I'm the best aunt.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
My ability to sniff out bullshitters/fakers/users very quickly. Friends will tell me months/years later that they should have listened to me and stayed from certain people because everything I said was correct.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My sense of humour. Definitely nothing to do with my looks these days. My kids. My crafts sometimes. My dogs. Nothing really personal at all. I get a lot more "constructive criticism" than compliments. :wavey:

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My adorable Dachshunds! :love: We always get some many compliments about them - I'm a very proud fur-baby mum.

Other than that - personally, I used to get compliments on my maturity a lot. Not sure if I LOOK old but everyone seems suprised that I'm under 30. :confused: I got the phase "You seem much older/more adult/more mature" etc a lot which I suppose may come from being the youngest of 4 (always trying to catch up to the others! :lol: ) and that I was married young but it still suprises me as I'm certainly not a super serious person at all! :bigsmile:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
With my close friends, being straight-forward, and accepting people the way they are. But mind you, I don't have many close friends. And I don't really do acquaintances...

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My hair, my son, the ability to be able to sense things about people and situations.

psproot12

Shiny_Rock
Your links aren't working, which is really a shame because we want to see it!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I get compliments on my clothing at least a few times a week. I usually wear brightly coloured and patterned dresses and it catches peoples eyes.

My long hair also gets attention. When I was younger I wore very short hair, but now at 36 I have really long hair and I think it's unusual enough in a woman my age that it stands out.

ETA whoops. I also did not see the "no looks" thing! Most compliments I get are from strangers, so that's all they see!

But I think the two most common compliments I get about Non-looks things concern my writing ability and teaching ability. I was blessed with, and have worked hard to develop, the ability to communicate about complex topics... Like statistics or complex scientific theories... In a clear way that most people can easily understand. My students also often compliment the way I care and listen to them, especially when they are having problems.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
SB621|1407850224|3730818 said:
My husband! He is pretty to look at and a much nicer human being then I! :bigsmile:

Haha...me too! People tell me all the time how nice he is, what a great dad he is, how loving... It's all true!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
psproot12|1408339219|3734594 said:
Your links aren't working, which is really a shame because we want to see it!

Whose links? :confused:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My sense of humor. People also tend to say "You're so smart" but they say it like they're surprised or something, so I'm not sure that's actually a compliment -- HA!

Candygrl

Brilliant_Rock
My kids, dog (golden retriever), and ring :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also get a lot of compliments on what a good problem solver I am. My friends always come to me for help when they are having personal problems or work issues. I can think things out very clearly (at least for other people lol) and help them through difficult situations. Sometimes I feel like I missed my calling and should have gone into psychology but then again I would never have met my dh if I hadn't gone into my field so never mind. :halo:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
D'oh! I just realized this wasn't about looks! I guess I won't get complimented on my reading comprehension skills any time soon :razz:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results