Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's watermelon season. :dance:

YUMMMMM :lickout: but those annoying seeds. :knockout:

screen_shot_2014-08-27_at_12.png

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I usually pick out as many as possible before eating the flesh, and swallow the remainder whole.

Love watermelon, however, I have not had any for a long time, as the ones in normal UK supermarkets are too watery and tasteless, and I do not live near an oriental/Asian grocery stall to be able to get the good stuff.

I have fond memories of my family hacking open a big one in the family home when I was young, sprinkling the flesh with a bit of salt to enhance the sweetness, and gobbled it up in no time. Happy days!

DK :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE watermelon, honeydew and cantaloupe and have been enjoying them all season. I can literally eat a whole watermelon but I show restraint so I usually don't so I don't get sick but I just love them. :lickout: We usually buy the seedless variety.
http://www.whataboutwatermelon.com/index.php/2010/09/the-truth-about-seedless-watermelon/

But these still have some seeds as you can see from the pic and I just chew them and swallow them no biggie.

I'll be sad when watermelon season is over which I think is soon... :((

seedlesswatermelonyummy.jpg

kroshka

Brilliant_Rock
In my case, if the watermelon was an heirloom variety and tasted good, save the seeds and plant them next year. This watermelon was picked yesterday and sadly is last one for the year from my garden. I would have had so many more this year but squirrels and possibly a possum ate most of them while they were growing ;(

Kroshka

lastwatermelon.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, a 16-lb oval green diamond. :-o
Strange graining pattern. :lol:

Seriously, that's one beautiful watermelon. :clap:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
We usually buy seedless watermelon. If it has seeds, we just throw them out.

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
Eat them and then hope a watermelon plant doesn't grow in my tummy. I'm sure all the gum I've swallowed over the years creates a hostile environment for the watermelon plant.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We buy the seedless watermelon. I can still hear my grandmother telling us not to swallow the seeds or a watermelon will grow in your stomach.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1409176322|3740386 said:
We buy the seedless watermelon. I can still hear my grandmother telling us not to swallow the seeds or a watermelon will grow in your stomach.

When I was a little kid my older brother told me if I swallowed a whole seed a watermelon plant would grow out of my butt.
Scared the hell out of me. :errrr:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1409178021|3740400 said:

When I was a little kid my older brother told me if I swallowed a whole seed a watermelon plant would grow out of my butt.

Bet you didn't swallow any watermelon seeds!!! :angel:

mr_kroshka

Rough_Rock
Calliecake|1409178875|3740408 said:
kenny|1409178021|3740400 said:

Bet you didn't swallow any watermelon seeds!!! :angel:

Or he swallowed more :naughty:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol:

Mia16

Rough_Rock
I rinse, drain and store until I have enough to roast them to be used in salads, breads and trail mix.
Very high in Iron, Magnesium, copper produces melanin, great for your hair.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I hate watermelon, so I avoid the issue all together. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results