shape
carat
color
clarity

What did you get your spouse for a big anniversary?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got a nice 5 stone diamond ring for our 10th anniversary...my DH, well, he got nothing (except the bill)
40.gif
He buys everything he needs/wants when he wants it so I never have anything to buy him. Next week
is his big 50 and I have absolutely nothing to get him! NOTHING! Ok, thats beside the point.

So...are anniversaries presents more for the female population or did you both get nice gifts? I''m speaking more
of the big anniversaries...10, 20 etc.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Our ten yr anni is this summer. DH is getting me an OEC ring. (yay, me!!) I''m getting him a Blu-Ray. A fraction of the cost of the diamond, but DH will love it.

I tried doing things like a nice watch and more keepsake worthy items, but the bottom line is DH is just a man''s man and likes big boy toys.

Actually I hope one day to be able to get him a huge grill.

On a side note, my grandma got my grandpa a new truck for their 50 yr anni. I remember being totally astounded. He''s still driving it 10 yrs later.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For our tenth anniversary, I got my three stone ring. I bought DH a very nice watch.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our 25th is the 12 of this month, I got a nice 5 stone ring and he bought himself a gun safe
20.gif
lol, he collects antique guns and he like collector knives, since we have a 12 year old son, he decided that is what he wanted.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
I got a new wedding ring and DH got a new watch that he''d been wanting for the longest time.

Lori

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
D and I are together ten years this year. Not sure what we''re going to get each other yet but D usually loves to get fishing gear so he''s easy to please. What we normally do for our anniversary is go on a city break to a European city.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Custom made cufflinks (white and yellow gold), Tiffany gold cufflinks, and a Bulgari ring. Can''t recall the exact anni''s tho; 5, 10 and 20 years I think... travel trips in between......

cheers--Sharon

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH Got his MAC laptop, and I got my upgrade. 5yr.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/8/2009 2:21:32 PM
Author:tyty333
I got a nice 5 stone diamond ring for our 10th anniversary...my DH, well, he got nothing (except the bill)
40.gif
He buys everything he needs/wants when he wants it so I never have anything to buy him. Next week
is his big 50 and I have absolutely nothing to get him! NOTHING! Ok, thats beside the point.

So...are anniversaries presents more for the female population or did you both get nice gifts? I''m speaking more
of the big anniversaries...10, 20 etc.
I had my five stone custom made last year. My husband doesn''t think gifts have to be exchanged on anniversaries or birthdays for that matter. He also buys whatever he needs or wants when he wants it, and he spends double digit thousands ever single year on his fishing, so I don''t feel compelled to wrack my brain trying to think of something new and different to buy him after almost seventeen years together.

I did buy him a solid gold watch for his 40th birthday. It didn''t really thrill him. He''d really rather have expensive tackle.

I think anniversaries are for both spouses, but because my husband is not someone who thinks in advance about shopping for anything, I make sure I remember myself on my birthday and wedding anniversary.

CaliSun

Shiny_Rock
We''ve pretty much been going by the traditional and contemporary anniversary gifts in the most mutually beneficial way possible. We make sure it will be something we will both love and treasure over time.
Next week we will be celebrating our 4th (electronics) and got a flat screen, yay!

Next year is our 5th and I''ve been sweetening him up for a replacement e-ring. My original was passed down from his mom, but I have my sights set on one of my own
31.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
We love to celebrate events by going somewhere...even if it''s a long weekend somewhere, getting away is always fun. For our 10 year (3 years from now) we are planning to go back to Hawaii where we had our honeymoon and visit other islands. I also like the nice watch idea.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been married a long time so we''ve had many big anniversaries. One time I hired the contractor who built our house to construct a built-in barbecue for him in our backyard. He loved that one. I''ve also given him a nice watch and we''ve taken some great anniversary trips together.

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
For my DH''s 50, I am going to get him a ''boys trip'' - either a trip w/ his brother or a friend to somewhere w/ good weather (he''s a winter b''day) where he could take in a pro basketball game or two, or else a fishing excursion or 3-4 days of intensive golf/tennis instruction . . . for our 20th I am going to take him to pick out a watch (too much pressure, I am scared to pick it on my own)
1.gif
If it''s coming up quickly, and you have an idea, print out something fun on the computer and make it an I.O.U. present wrapped up - good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results