shape
carat
color
clarity

What cttw. studs do you wear?

What is the carat total weight of your diamond studs?

• none

Votes: 14 9.1%
  • <.25cttw

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • .26cttw to .49cttw

Votes: 12 7.8%
  • .50cttw to .74cttw

Votes: 23 14.9%
  • .75cttw to .99cttw

Votes: 30 19.5%
  • 1.00cttw to 1.19cttw

Votes: 20 13.0%
  • 1.20cttw to 1.49cttw

Votes: 16 10.4%
  • 1.50cttw to 1.99cttw

Votes: 16 10.4%
  • 2.00cttw to 3.00cttw

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • >3.00cttw

Votes: 3 1.9%

• Total voters

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you don't wear studs, choose "none".

If you have more than one pair, choose the cttw. of the most frequently worn pair.

If you want studs but don't own them, please share with a post your desired size :))

Would also love to hear if you are happy with the size of your studs or if you would like larger or smaller one day.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Technically speaking, I wear about 2.5 carats worth of studs every day ... but since they're split up among three pairs of earrings, I voted for the 1.2-1.49 category.

My main studs are 1.43 H SI1s in white gold bezels, then I have Brian Gavin pre-set bezel studs in the .50 tcw pre-set bezel in yellow gold and the .25 tcw in rose gold.

Much like your theory of a band giving a blingier look than a solitaire, I feel like if I had just one piercing per ear, I might want to go bigger - up to two carats total weight, maybe - but with the graduation, I feel like it's the perfect amount of sparkle. I actually want to get an even teenier pair in white gold - .12 tcw, maybe - so I can shift the whole graduated shebang down one notch for the days when I'm feeling demure ....

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
I started with .70ctw and then upgraded to 1.00 ctw. My current pair are 1.56 total and I don't have any plans to upgrade again ,as I think they are the perfect size for everyday wear.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
None, because dangly earrings just look better on me and show up more.

If I did own a pair, I'd go with as big a size as I possibly could. 2ctw? :naughty:

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
Mine are .72 points each. An upgrade from .50 each. I prefer my larger ones. I feel that they look more substantial on me than the half carats, but work well for every day wear. I think they are a good size for the rest of my jewelry. I kind of like my pieces to all kind of work together.

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
I would love studs in the .40 each range. I have very small ears so theses would look proportioned. Maybe a push present?!? :naughty: a girl can dream....

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love my 1.50 ctw H&A for everyday but I don't wear them everyday or the babies would try to pull them off.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't have solitaire studs. But I do have studs. They are 1 ctw, but they are 8 12 pointers so they have much bigger spread than solitaire studs of the same ctw.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love my .87cttw BGD studs. Thinking about jackets... but it's only in the "thinking" phase! :Up_to_something: ;))

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Circe|1332895952|3157773 said:
... so I can shift the whole graduated shebang down one notch for the days when I'm feeling demure ....

Will that also be when pigs fly? 8)

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have .80 ctw. I love them when I wear them...the bezel pump them up so I have no desire for bigger studs.

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Mine are .31 each w/ bezel (.62 ctw). I have small ear lobes so the size is actually perfect. Sometimes I toy w/ the idea of getting jackets to pump them up a bit. However, this is PS after all and I would like to upgrade them at some point (and not do jackets) - probably in the .60 - .75 each range (1.20 - 1.50 ctw).

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Dreamer_D|1332897363|3157817 said:
Circe|1332895952|3157773 said:
... so I can shift the whole graduated shebang down one notch for the days when I'm feeling demure ....

Will that also be when pigs fly? 8)

I am the picture of propriety on occasion, I'll have you know.

One time? I wore a veil. (It was attached to a leopard pillbox, but nevertheless.)

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine are .75ctw. I thought I wanted something about twice that large until I tried these on for size - in proportion to my ear lobes, these are just what I was looking for.

That doesn't preclude me from someday throwing proportion out the window for increased wattage, however! :wink2:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
mine are 0.8 cttw. I think it is perfect. they were also a gift so I did not choose the exact size but I think they are a great size for every day and for dressing up!

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I wear .70 cttw on my first holes. I have a second hole with .20 cttw (and a tragus and cartilage piercing, one on each ear). I feel like I can't go bigger because my piercings are very close together. Not to mention I have a lot going on on my ears. If I had only one earring in each ear, I'd go with 2 cttw! For sure.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My YG round studs are .72 ctw and my WG PC studs are .50 ctw.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm a bad PSer ... I *think* mine are .68 tcw? I'd have to go look it up HERE ON PS to know for sure. They have pretty sizable bezels though - not as thin as others I've seen, so they plump up the look a lot. Honestly, I have no desire to a) go bigger or b) get halo enhancers. I just don't really dig the halo look on studs (starts looking like an old-fashioned "button" earring to me & makes me feel stodgy/matronly.) I think the main reason I don't like larger studs is that I hate the sensation of stuff jutting off of my ears. Probably because I didn't pierce until 40 yrs old. I can't wear large hoops either FWIW. The ones I have are really the max I'd wanna go in terms of floating off of my ear or *height* off of the ear. These hug snugly & feel great.

I *would* however still love those darn Cartier Inde Mysterieuse motif earrings -- that are also flat against the ear. But they don't make them anymore! And they were an outrageous 3K! :errrr:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have 1 ctw studs and I really like them - I think they show up nicely and are just the right size for me.

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
I wear a pair of 1 ctw on a daily basis that I think are perfect for me, on occasion I think I should 8 prong set them(they are martinis right now) for a little more oomph but usually they are perfect and then.... I saw Dandi Andis new jackets and oh my! I may need some of those for special occasions you know :naughty:

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
My 10th anniversary studs are 1 ct each. I think they look about the right size on my ears since I have biggish lobes although I could probably go up to 1.5 ct per side :tongue: ....

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
I selected .75cttw to .99cttw even though I don't have my studs yet. I pick them up on Saturday and I am beyond excited!

They are old cuts weighing in at .41 and the other .44 and they are noticeably different in just about every respect, but I simply could not wait any longer so I gave my jeweller the goahead to set these in bezels. I mean, I have a huge head in between them, so they don't have to be exactly the same... Or so I tell myself.

At some point I hope to find a match to one of them and when that happens I'll just turn the other into a pendant. :bigsmile:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear 4.649ctw studs daily. I'd love to upgrade to 6ctw one day! :cheeky:

4ever

Ideal_Rock
I bought myself some 0.84ctw studs last year...instead of a wedding dress.

Now I have DSS and will start saving for jackets immediately post-wedding.

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I can't quite answer the poll because I have a few pairs and wear them all, in a sort of rotation. I don't like the idea of unworn diamonds. :lol:

I have:

ideal cut RB studs at just under 1cttw (can't remember what they are exactly) which I wear with jackets but which no longer thrill me much.

1.19cttw pair of emerald cut studs which I adore, and which are about as big as I personally want for studs. Only disadvantage to them is that I need a pendant to match.

Smaller rb pair at 0.50cttw which don't bowl me over, but I think that is more to do with my falling very much out of love with round diamond lately, and moving towards loving some of the more unusual cuts and shapes instead.

a pair of 0.50cttw princess cut studs in 24kt YG hand made bezels from a local artisan jeweller, which I love (mostly because they were a gift from my husband way back in our first year living together).

I also have hoops, sapphire dangles and pear shaped diamond dangles in the rotation.

Writing this out makes me think that my earring obsession is worse than I suspected. My plan for the longer term is to re-set the EC studs in pink diamond halo settings, sell the RBs and get some old cut studs at around 1cttw or a little less. I don't like the look of big studs on me, although I'm ok with bigger earrings of different styles. I think I like my studs to look discrete, but my earrings to make a statement (am I making any sense at all here??).

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1332896897|3157801 said:
I love my .87cttw BGD studs. Thinking about jackets... but it's only in the "thinking" phase! :Up_to_something: ;))

I was "thinking" about this too.. actually I was "wanting" and wanting and having are MILES and MILES apart right now!!!! :rolleyes:

Mine studs are right at 1.49.... so just hanging out at a little under 1.50.... but I love them... :love:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine are .54ct and .56ct. (about 5.3mm each). For me, and my lifestyle, they are perfect, I rarely take them out. And they are a really good size with my jackets, they sit well on my ear and don't droop like bigger ones might. Not that I wouldn't like bigger ones of course :bigsmile: I always thought .70ct each would be an awesome size, but I can't see myself upgrading anytime soon, I love them!

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
I have 1 ctw in Brian Gavin bezels and love them. I got them on DB from a PSer and couldn't be happier, since I was looking at IDJewelry's bezels with maybe .6 ctw. I was shocked that my DH gave the go-ahead to get the 1 ctw, but I explained that they were beyond my wildest dreams in terms of studs and would never ask to upgrade. Of course, I wouldn't mind some jackets or dangle drops (blue sapphires? pearls? onyx?) to add for dress-up someday, but I wear them as-is nearly every day, and days I don't wear them, I wear my pearl studs instead (also a gift from DH, and he likes to think of earrings as 'his' since I don't get to see them very often).

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
My studs are .62cttw in 8-prong settings. I love them and they are a good size for me but I wouldn't mind going larger someday. I just ordered some jackets from IDJ (haven't received them yet) and they are made for 1 cttw studs so if they don't work with my current stones, I'll either have to return them or I'll just *have* to upgrade :Up_to_something: I'm hoping that they'll be perfect since my studs have 8 prongs (to help fill up some of that space) so I can at least avoid DSS for a little while longer!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results