shape
carat
color
clarity

What are your new years resolutions?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
I dont get into the resolutions much, but I''m thinking about writing some year goals down. One is to lose a significant amount of weight. I know that one seems trite, but I''m thinking in terms of my health and less about aesthetics..altough that can''t help either.

Another will be to make time for myself. What are yours?

exoticisabella

Shiny_Rock
Stop trading up diamonds!
3.gif
I know that I have a three stone ring coming to me in September for my five year anniversary. One carat center, two half carat sides, so hopefully that will keep my diamond frenzy in check
9.gif

eta: and NEVER again put off getting a ring sized because I don't want to wait for it! I almost had to have a ring cut off on Christmas day
40.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
My resolutions are to save more $. I know we can do it, we just have to bite the bullet and really get started. My other goal is to lose the 10-15 lbs I''ve gained by my birthday in April.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
My resolutions are the same as Hudson_Hawks. One more specifically, I want to stop buying coffee from the Starbucks at work as well.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
a few goals, but they are intertwined...
1) train for the STP (Seattle to Portland) bike ride. which, in turn will...
2) help me lose weight for the wedding, and for overall health. only 40 lbs to lose
32.gif
...which losing weight leads to...
3) make it through my wedding alive and everyone else involved alive
9.gif

I even got bike shorts for christmas, so now i really have to train!!

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
Aside from getting a new job, which is at the top...my new year''s resolution is to use snooze only ONCE, and not three times!

E B

Ideal_Rock
2010 is the year I learn to cook for my family. (It might not be good, but damn*t, it''ll be cooked.)

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
run a half marathon
run a marathon
get myself thoroughly organized
enjoy the little things more
ride my horses more
get through my reading list... for real
write a book

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Get back to working out despite an intense work travel schedule
Eat healthier on the road
Make time for personal travel as well as work travel

Erinleigh

Shiny_Rock
My resolution is to reach my weight loss goal by August, and to gear up for street running (I usually just run on a treadmill/elliptical) so that FI and I can begin to train for a half marathon together!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never make them.

Calendars are arbitrary.
They are not absolute.
They are made up and agreed with and there are more than one in use today.

I do not understand the relationship between the sun being in the same place that it was 365 days ago and me deciding to lose weight.
Every day is as good as any other day for deciding to start saving money or stop smoking.
Every day (or every hour) is a good justification for a fresh start.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kenny, your resolution should be to not be a Debbie Downer in threads like this.

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Our New Years resolution is to maximize our saving ability
21.gif
I''m really proud of what we''ve accomplished this year, and am just hoping next year will be even better!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
I''m agree with Kenny in this matter. But if I''m going to make a NY''s resolution, that will be to save more and to have more positive outlook on life. Have a save NY''s celebration everyone!
35.gif

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/29/2009 11:11:55 AM
Author: kenny
I never make them.

Calendars are arbitrary.
They are not absolute.
They are made up and agreed with and there are more than one in use today.

I do not understand the relationship between the sun being in the same place that it was 365 days ago and me deciding to lose weight.
Every day is as good as any other day for deciding to start saving money or stop smoking.
Every day (or every hour) is a good justification for a fresh start.
Kenny, we know you have a lighter side - move over there, will ya???
9.gif

I resolve to find any way I can to have my DH healthy again...There are a couple more associated with weight and money (the usual lose the first and keep more of the second
9.gif
)
35.gif

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, I don''t mean to be . . .

Debbie_Downer09.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
* Become the first simultaneous President of the United States & Miss Teen America
* Avoid being featured on HOARDERS, JERSEY SHORE or MAURY ("Paternity Tests!!")
* Eat more lard
* Drink less water
* Complete "lounging" marathon of not letting my feet touch the floor for 48 hours
* Stock up on adult diapers before that marathon begins
* Research potential new career: Papillon Farming.
* Keep Xmas tree up until *May*, breaking last year''s record (April).
* Clean my diamonds regularly
* Become vegetarian, then vegan, become stranded on desert island with one other person, flirt with cannibalism, get rescued, go back to original "all cheeseburger" diet.
* Floss

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaa!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/29/2009 11:49:42 AM
Author: decodelighted
* Become the first simultaneous President of the United States & Miss Teen America
* Avoid being featured on HOARDERS, JERSEY SHORE or MAURY (''Paternity Tests!!'')
* Eat more lard
* Drink less water
* Complete ''lounging'' marathon of not letting my feet touch the floor for 48 hours
* Stock up on adult diapers before that marathon begins
* Research potential new career: Papillon Farming.
* Keep Xmas tree up until *May*, breaking last year''s record (April).
* Clean my diamonds regularly
* Become vegetarian, then vegan, become stranded on desert island with one other person, flirt with cannibalism, get rescued, go back to original ''all cheeseburger'' diet.
* Floss
Oh come on Deco. Can you at least be realistic? We all know you won''t floss.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
BWAAAAHAHAHAHAA! (Deco!)

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Spend more time focusing on my health and well-being and that of my husband. Maybe in reverse order, because he just spent the last 6 months focusing on me while my professional life was a bit hectic.

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Chill out more, do only what''s absolutely necessary, relax. Work smarter, not harder, procrastinate less so as to have more time to enjoy. I might tidy up a little. Or maybe not, until it is absolutely necessary.

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/29/2009 10:55:53 AM
Author: AmberGretchen
Get back to working out despite an intense work travel schedule
Eat healthier on the road
Make time for personal travel as well as work travel
Do you have an action plan for the working out? I alway have the BEST intentions but no follow through...

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Ahhh resolutions. I never make them because I won''t follow through, but here goes anyway!

DH and I WILL motivate each other to get in better shape. We''re in pretty good condition, but one can always improve!
9.gif
His dad had a heart attack last summer that nearly killed him, his uncle has had one, his grandpa had two, the second of which did kill him, and pretty much all of his great uncles died of HAs.
40.gif
DH is basically awaiting his turn in 30 years, so we''re gonna make that heart strong as can be for when the time comes! And, well, I just have bad genes for being lazy and fat.
9.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stop grocery shopping like my parents are gone for the weekend.

Get my butt to a gym.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/29/2009 1:18:18 PM
Author: elledizzy5
Stop grocery shopping like my parents are gone for the weekend.

Get my butt to a gym.
Umm, I''m just going to steal these.

Actually New Years is coming at a time when I''m just generally more motivated - I''m itching to get into the gym, get out on the field, just go and do something. I''m at the end of my month-long break from Ultimate (the only break scheduled all year), and I''m getting antsy to just freaking DO something again. So I think BF and I are joining the Y this week (either today or Saturday), and then Ultimate starts up on the 12th. Thank goodness.

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
Normally I don''t make any, but this year feels very different to me. I''ve been feeling like I''m on the verge of better things and have to just kick myself in the butt to get going. I have to find a new job, get back into the gym (stopped last year since I couldn''t afford it anymore) cut back on drinking for handling stress, see my friends more, make some progress in this broken marriage or end it, save more money, go to hypnotherapy for my fear of flying and learn how to cook more things. I''m usually guilty of making tofu stir-fry, giant salads, soba noodles, salmon in white wine/garlic and steak tips. All. the. time. Starting to bore myself.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Make more time for myself
2.gif

floss (make this one every year and fail every year)

Start going back to the gym (I was doing so well and fell off the wagon)

Eat healthier

Go to bed earlier

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results