shape
carat
color
clarity

What are your highlights of 2013?

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
The year is drawing to a close so I thought it would be fun to share our happy times from 2013.

For me it was the weddings of my two eldest children. What happy days they were!

My husband and I celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary with a trip to London to stay at The Savoy hotel. How posh! He bought me a beautiful halo ring from BGD but sadly I can't share a photo because the centre stone is a lab grown sapphire. It's beautiful though!

I also lost a lot of weight and don't have to take my Diabetes medicine anymore :appl:

photo__60_1.jpg

image__15_.jpeg

image__8_0.jpeg

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Maisie - Huge congrats on everything, especially no more diabetes medicine!!!

For me, purchasing our new home and making it ours, my beautiful engagement ring, a new job which I love, yoga school, finding out I am preggo with #1 and my diamond hoops that I certainly didn't deserve but am so grateful for for Christmas. I also purchased two beautiful loose stones that I have to decide on projects for. Here are a few pics with more in a second post.
20131206_131107.jpg
__kgrhqn__qsfid_wojwpbsmz31ru-g__60_3.jpg
__kgrhqyokpmfir-l_iq2bsm4ljwgsq__60_3.jpg

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
1044520_10151681682649544_1325051756_n.jpg482317_10151499636309544_2072783907_n.jpg21419_10151812372574544_1214002844_n.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, I LOVE the wedding dress on the middle image--I assume that's your daughter? GORGEOUS, many congrats to your kids and on the weightloss!

Highlight of 2013 for me was probably Hawaii. It was a bittersweet trip for our family, as we knew that we would be losing a matriarch not long after our return, but seeing her face and hearing her gasp when she saw Hawaii for the first time ever was worth it. She passed right before Thanksgiving, completely at peace and ready, and I am so grateful we got to all go together because she almost didn't get to come along, and that she got to spend that time with her younger grandkids and experience paradise for the first time in her 69 years. I am working on a memory book with one of her younger sisters right now, with all of the posts from her Facebook wall, and so many great photos, and it's kind of hard to read as I go, but man, its going to blow the family away and I cannot wait to see my BIL and his sister check it out. I initially was only giving photoshop assistance, but when I saw the goofy template maker they had to work with, I kinda took over.

That trip has a few highlights within itself, because I got to meet a longtime online friend and former PSer while there, FINALLY after not being able to meet up during our honeymoon, and subsequently share some good times with her and a great meal. Another highlight of that trip was the visit to Mauna Kea Summit with my husband, MIL and "sister"/friend to see the sunset. My husband had actually done that before, 20 or more years prior, and had a great "comparison" from his first time. He said he actually preferred parts of each. The highlight of that trek up this time? Seeing Saturn and a few other really neat stars and astronomical icons. My parents went up a few months prior to our trip and saw Jupiter as well as Saturn, and I would wager that's THEIR highlight.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
For me I had a few highlights:

- My final upgrade. I just love Venice
- My husbands' 30th birthday. We did a short cruise to celebrate through the Carribean and it was wonderful.
-Family vacation to Disney with the kids. It was sooo much better then I expected!
-Finding out we are moving to Europe! I can't wait! Only 5 more weeks!

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
The highlight of my year was running a 10km race back in May with my husband and kids along for the ride in our double stroller. We started training as runners when our first son was about a year old, almost 4 years ago, and it was a long road to get to the point where we could run continuously for 10km. But we did it! It marked an achievement of a lifelong goal for me.

In 2014 we are planning to try a 20km race in October! :errrr:

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
Your daughter looked so elegant on her wedding day Maisie - I love the red shoes and shorter dress.

I confess I'd love to see a photo of your BGD halo ring but I understand the rules!

A highlight for us was a lovely holiday in Queensland, spending time with relatives, sightseeing and enjoying a more relaxed pace of life for a short time. The highlight was really having a sense of our children completing various stages of their lives. Our youngest finished school and got into a dance school to start next year. For now let her follow her passion. Our eldest finished her honours degree in English literature and our son, managed to curtail his hectic social life apparently just enough to complete a business course. There's a sense of "what's next?" for us in 2014.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Dragonfly, coming off my meds was absolutely wonderful. I was unwell every day I was taking them! Congratulations on your engagement :appl:

Ame, my daughter is the one in the first photo but thank you for thinking such a pretty girl could be mine :bigsmile: Hawaii sounds like it was indeed a bittersweet trip for your family. I'm glad you got to enjoy it with your family.

SB621, you've had quite a year. Final upgrade? What is this thing you speak of? Is there such a thing? :naughty:

Dreamer, I am always in awe of anyone who runs. I wish I could but i've never managed to become any good at it. To run a 10K with a double stroller must have been a challenge so well done on completing it!!

Polished, I really wish I could share my ring too. Its stunning! I do have a plan to replace the sapphire with a diamond later this year so I will be able to share it then. Well done to your children for their achievements! My daughter dances and she didn't pursue it at college. She regrets that so i'm glad your daughter is getting to follow her dream.

2014 looks to be a fun year for us with 3 of our children reaching their 16th, 18th and 21st birthdays! I love a good party!

ETA how could I forget my biggest excitement!! My first grand baby is due in August!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maisie, congratulations on the weddings of your 2 children. What happy occasions. And many congrats on losing weight and being able to get off your diabetes meds! That is truly wonderful news and one that will have lasting health benefits. :appl:

Highlights for us-
My parents 50th wedding anniversary which we just celebrated. They have one of the best (and certainly longest) marriage of anyone I know. They were truly meant to be together and I hope they have many many many more happy and healthy years to come.

Fixing our backyard after Sandy's destruction. Took many months but it is completed and looks better than it did before Sandy.

Getting our new carbon tandem bicycle. We enjoyed it all spring, summer and fall and already have 4,000 miles on it and are looking forward to racking up many more miles as soon as the weather allows us to.

And because this is Pricescope my ER upgrade to my sweet Bea. I still love and enjoy wearing her in all her understated elegance. She feels and looks perfect on my hand.

We also came through a couple of health scares in 2013 and though I do not know what the future holds I hope for the best and know we will see whatever comes our way together.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Missy, 50 years is awesome! I hope my marriage is as long and happy!! How romantic to have a tandem bike! I would love to see a picture of it. What fun!

I hope your health scares are over and you continue to stay well.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Maisie. The health scares were about my dh's health and thank you for your good wishes. I am attaching a pic of our tandem since you asked and also a pic of my parents and my nieces at my parents 50th anniversary celebration. I hope you also have as many happy years with your dh. My dh and I are too old for another 50 but one could always hope!

50thanniversarycelebrationatwaterclub.jpg

tandemfunautumn2013.jpg

calfeetandem.jpg

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your parents are lovely!!! How happy they look! Your nieces are beautiful!

I just showed my husband your bike and said I want one. I said he would have to do the lions share of the pedalling but in return I would keep him amused with scintillating conversation and witty repertoire. He didn't look convinced. Lazy lump!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maisie|1388327239|3582446 said:

I just showed my husband your bike and said I want one. I said he would have to do the lions share of the pedalling but in return I would keep him amused with scintillating conversation and witty repertoire. He didn't look convinced. Lazy lump!

Thank you again Maisie and LOL about the bike conversation with your dh. I think all he needs is a little convincing. It really is so much fun and it doesn't feel like work at all. You guys are more than welcome to try ours if you ever come down our way. :wavey:

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
missy|1388327448|3582448 said:
Maisie|1388327239|3582446 said:

Thank you again Maisie and LOL about the bike conversation with your dh. I think all he needs is a little convincing. It really is so much fun and it doesn't feel like work at all. You guys are more than welcome to try ours if you ever come down our way. :wavey:

That would be awesome!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
2013 was a big year for us. We loaded up our cars and moved from Oklahoma to New Jersey because Uncle Sam told us to! We have absolutely loved living here. We are so close to big cities (Philly! NYC! DC! THE BEACH!) so we have been trying to live it up for the few years we are here. We bought a house has been so much fun to make our own, and boy do we love having more space! I also got to travel home to Texas twice, once for my nephew's first birthday. We think he is pretty neat.

Happy new year to all of you-- looking forward to catching up with all of you in the coming year.

1455020_10101907225516667_117403715_n.jpg

988782_10101901771521517_1403865230_n.jpg

1395442_10101770364796647_1845728269_n.jpg

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Having DD's surgery and recovery behind us! Ready for the new year!

_13209.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maisie|1388270661|3582117 said:
The year is drawing to a close so I thought it would be fun to share our happy times from 2013.

For me it was the weddings of my two eldest children. What happy days they were!

My husband and I celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary with a trip to London to stay at The Savoy hotel. How posh! He bought me a beautiful halo ring from BGD but sadly I can't share a photo because the centre stone is a lab grown sapphire. It's beautiful though!

I also lost a lot of weight and don't have to take my Diabetes medicine anymore :appl:

Congratulations on no more medicine. :appl:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How exciting for all of you for having some great memories from this year.

Mine would include:
Bling: a rose gold pink sapphire RHR and an EC ruby RHR
Art for our walls and getting to meet the artist
Landscaping our new house
Decorating for and having the first Christmas in our new house

_13211.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maisie, it's nice to see you posting again! Congratulations on the marriages of your eldest children and on your significant weight loss! I have to tell you, you look about 10 years younger. I have always thought you are beautiful, and the weight loss has really emphasized your good looks. I'm so happy for you!

My highlights are not as plentiful as some previous posters' but we did have a great surprise party for my husband's 40th birthday, followed by a sweet party for our daughter's 1st birthday. It was certainly a memorable year.

Much love to all Pricescopers and best wishes for health, love, and prosperity in 2014!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Maisie, you and your kids are stunning! You look like you could be siblings with your kids. I love the wedding pictures :appl:

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
OUpeargirl, your house is just beautiful! Look at all that snow!! I love the photo of your and your OH and your nephew is adorable! Happy new year to you all!

Mayk, i'm so glad your DD is well and recovered from being unwell. Its always such a worry when our children aren't well and I know it takes a lot of our peace away. I hope 2014 is a wonderful year for you and your family. I love the photo! Is that a DBTY necklace I see? Funny how there are 3 fit young surfers behind you but all I spy is the bling :lol:

Hi Marcy :wavey: Your artwork is awesome! We recently had some pet portraits done and it felt very posh to be commissioning an artist to work for us. I hope your first Christmas in your new house was lovely and you have many more happy holidays there!

Hello Monarch! Long time no see! I haven't posted on here for ages but I always seem to be drawn back. Its good to see so many familiar faces are still around. Congratulations on your little girl. One year old! It just shows how long it is since i've been here. I didn't know you had a baby! 40 is a big birthday and well deserving of a celebration! I was 42 this year. I am thinking of counting backwards till I reach 21 again :lol:

Thank you for your kind words. I do feel a whole lot better, both physically and mentally. I feel like a great weight has been lifted off my mind (pardon the pun lol!). Being diagnosed with T2 Diabetes was a big wake up call and i'm glad most of the weight is off. I've lost 86lbs and still have 30 to go. 2014 will be the year I hit my goal. I'm determined!

Happy new year to everyone!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
IndyLady|1388388949|3582897 said:
Maisie, you and your kids are stunning! You look like you could be siblings with your kids. I love the wedding pictures :appl:

Thank you! What a sweet thing to say. I think my wrinkly eye bags give my age away when you get up close, which is why I only have photos that were taken at least 6 feet away from me lol!!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
So far everyone seems to have had a great 2013!

It was no different for me, in fact, 2013 may have even been my best year yet! My niece was born in January, joining my brother's growing family. I married an amazing guy in February on what turned out the be the single best day of my whole life, and then we left on a truly remarkable honeymoon to Fiji. Then in May/June, I got a fab new diamond (2.42ct OEC) that is currently in the process of being reset into my dream setting. In August I went on a girls-only trip with a dear friend to the Bahamas, and we had a blast! In September my DH appeared as the best man in his best-friend-since-highschool's wedding, which was very sweet and it was fun to be a part of. October saw my DH and I embark on a second honeymoon of sorts with a trip to Rome and then a Mediterranean cruise! Finally, we celebrated our first married Thanksgiving and Christmas, which were just perfect.

We did lose my grandmother to leukemia over the summer, and that was hard. She had been suffering for awhile, though, so I don't doubt for a minute that she is now in a better place.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
star sparkle|1388425583|3583069 said:
So far everyone seems to have had a great 2013!

It was no different for me, in fact, 2013 may have even been my best year yet! My niece was born in January, joining my brother's growing family. I married an amazing guy in February on what turned out the be the single best day of my whole life, and then we left on a truly remarkable honeymoon to Fiji. Then in May/June, I got a fab new diamond (2.42ct OEC) that is currently in the process of being reset into my dream setting. In August I went on a girls-only trip with a dear friend to the Bahamas, and we had a blast! In September my DH appeared as the best man in his best-friend-since-highschool's wedding, which was very sweet and it was fun to be a part of. October saw my DH and I embark on a second honeymoon of sorts with a trip to Rome and then a Mediterranean cruise! Finally, we celebrated our first married Thanksgiving and Christmas, which were just perfect.

We did lose my grandmother to leukemia over the summer, and that was hard. She had been suffering for awhile, though, so I don't doubt for a minute that she is now in a better place.

Wow! Apart from the sad loss of your grandmother you have had an amazing year! How will you beat that in 2014? Do you have anything planned?

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mayk, i'm so glad your DD is well and recovered from being unwell. Its always such a worry when our children aren't well and I know it takes a lot of our peace away. I hope 2014 is a wonderful year for you and your family. I love the photo! Is that a DBTY necklace I see? Funny how there are 3 fit young surfers behind you but all I spy is the bling

Thank you Maise! Yes she has MY necklace on... With strict instructions to return it after photos!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mayk|1388443828|3583346 said:
Mayk, i'm so glad your DD is well and recovered from being unwell. Its always such a worry when our children aren't well and I know it takes a lot of our peace away. I hope 2014 is a wonderful year for you and your family. I love the photo! Is that a DBTY necklace I see? Funny how there are 3 fit young surfers behind you but all I spy is the bling

Thank you Maise! Yes she has MY necklace on... With strict instructions to return it after photos!

I thought that was you! She is beautiful. :))

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a precious baby! Congratulations Bean! I wouldn't worry about turning 30, at least you aren't 42 :errrr:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Maisie congratulations on the weight loss and not having to take your medicine anymore! That is sure to be a burden (literally and figuratively) off you :)

bean your little bean is so precious :))

OUpeargirl your house looks lovely, as are you and your DH!

I love hearing that everyone had such a wonderful year. Mine was fantastic as well!

I graduated (finally) in May with my doctoral degree. 7 years of college and finally done with schooling! I bought myself a nice OEC from ebay (my first adventure) and made a nice sliding bezel pendant out of it as a graduation present to myself.

In June I moved 2 hours away from my family, where I lived for about 20 years, and went to college. I moved in with my boyfriend so that was a big change!

On July 1 I finally found out I passed my boards after a grueling 2+ weeks of waiting.

This year for Thanksgiving my BF and I hosted his family and it was my first time making all the T-giving food (minus the turkey, I was too scared) on my own. It was pretty delicious!

Then on Christmas eve, my BF proposed! It's been a very lucky year for me and I am counting all my blessings. ::)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results