carat
color
clarity

what are your favorite pizza topping/s?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What do you like to put on your pizza?

My go to is onions, tomatoes, and artichokes hearts. Plus red pepper flakes.

I remember a boyfriend long ago made fun of me, "why get tomatoes, the sause is MADE of tomatoes. ". Silly naive man. :lol:

I'm also a fan of goat cheese on my pizza but I don't do it all the time.

What do you do??

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love pepperonis, mushrooms,
and onions on a thin crust with red pepper flakes!!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Peppers, onions, green olives...

Yum.

Now I have a huge craving for pizza!

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Fresh basil, fresh mozzarella and Quorn Chik'n tenders. Nummers!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Canadian bacon, pineapples, mushrooms... Thin crust and well done crispy all around the edges!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha, I always get some kind of tomatoes! I never thought about it being a redundant topping, though. I like all the veggies. Deep dish is spinach every time. Thin crust is veggies and sometimes I'll go nuts and add pineapple. Our favorite local pizza has broccoli, spinach, artichoke hearts and Roma tomatoes. I have also been known to keep a few Totino's Triple Cheese Party Pizzas on hand. :oops: I am not above eating the frozen crap pizza of my childhood. Nor Spaghetti-O's, come to think of it.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
http://www.dions.com/menu/pizza/

THE DUKE CITY

Turkey, cheddar, green chile & parmesan

The only time I really want to eat pizza is in New Mexico, and the above is what I get.

#GreenChile4Lyfe

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1406680311|3722841 said:
Ha, I always get some kind of tomatoes! I never thought about it being a redundant topping, though. I like all the veggies. Deep dish is spinach every time. Thin crust is veggies and sometimes I'll go nuts and add pineapple. Our favorite local pizza has broccoli, spinach, artichoke hearts and Roma tomatoes. I have also been known to keep a few Totino's Triple Cheese Party Pizzas on hand. :oops: I am not above eating the frozen crap pizza of my childhood. Nor Spaghetti-O's, come to think of it.

I dont think it is though, fresh tomatoes taste different than tomato sauce. We should just keep doing it ;-)

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We always order mushroom, black olives and fresh tomatoes...

If you are in NYC the best pizza I've ever had....Keste Pizza. I wish they could ship it!

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
Feta cheese, artichoke hearts, fresh mushrooms, green peppers, roasted red peppers, pesto, tomatoes, ricotta, fresh basil, buffalo mozzarella, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, spinach, pineapple

I love thin-crust pizza, especially New York City pizza. For an easy treat at home, buy Trader Joe's 100% Whole Wheat Middle Eastern Flatbread or their flatbread made with white wheat flour and add your toppings, sauce and cheese, bake and you'll have great, fast, easy thin crust pizza hot out of your oven.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am from Chicago so I am very picky about pizza. Sausage is my favorite but it has to be really good sausage. Fresh mushrooms are really good as well as green olives. I also love anchovies on a pizza. A wonderful Neapolitan style pizza with fresh mozzarella and basil is yummy. And I adore a fresh seafood pizza with shell fish and white sauce that is offered in the Madaline Islands in Canada. I am not a fan of frozen pizza.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Canadian Bacon and pineapple with thin crispy crust

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
If it's a chain store, then pepperoni, mushroom and Canadian bacon on a thin crust. DH adds jalapeños on half.

If it's the locally owned gourmet place near my house, then mozz, tomato, basil (no tomato sauce) is our first choice, and bbq sauce, chicken, red onion and pineapple is our second choice.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I know I don't like thin crust, and I'm not into pizzas with alternative sauces like bbq or alfredo sauce. BUT, any topping on tomato pizza sauce on a hand tossed or deep dish crust is a go! We always get the works on a pizza :)

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
Regular Neapolitan or Sicilian gets pepperoni from the shop; I add a few dabs of Jean Gui anchovy paste at home.
Thin crust I like just cheese/tomato/basil and maybe crisp bacon or ham.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love thin crust -- the thinner and crispier, the better. I also love light tomato sauce, not one that's full of heavy spices.

Hamburger and onion
Hawaiian
Pepperoni
Shrimp scampi (sounds weird but it's really good. Our local wood-fired place has this and it's one of my favorites.)
Veggie (but I rarely get this because most pizzas don't stand up well to being loaded with veggies. Soggy pizza...yuck)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I could eat pizza this is how I would have it. Like Zoe I love thin crust pizza. The NYC kind that is delectably delicious. And I love a classic cheese and tomato sauce pizza crispy around the thin crust edges. I am a purist at heart and have no desire for anything extra on it. If it's done right there is no need IMO. I want to taste the pizza not the toppings if that makes sense.

My loves sausage or pepperoni on his pizza. Not both though, just one.

ETA: OK now I am starving for pizza at 7AM in the morning. LOL. :lickout:

yummypizzapie.jpg

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I am not a pizza person. In fact, I avoid it. Unless it is piping hot from the oven (aka, the first slice), the cheese gets hard and the whole thing is unappetizing to me.

However, last night, I agreed to meet some friends at a pizza place. Oh, man. First, it was an "all you can eat" style, where each pizza would be brought around and you could ask for a slice or not. Since it was a small place and well run, this meant hot, hot pizza the entire time. A delicious thin crust and quality ingredients and I was hooked.

My favourites: mozzarella, parma ham, asparagus and truffle oil or asparagus and brie. The dessert style pizzas were disappointing, though.

NTave

Shiny_Rock
Depends. Caramelized onions, mushrooms and fresh basil on a thin crust with white sauce with buffalo mozzarella and reg Italian blend is what I made last night. I make pretty darn good grilled pizza so that's my flavor du jour.

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
It depends, but my usual favorites are mushrooms, onions and olives. There is a local place that makes the best cornmeal crust pizza with roasted tomatoes, caramelized onions, corn and cashew cream. OMG, that is so tasty! It's not really a traditional pizza, but it is so, so good!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
NTave said:
Depends. Caramelized onions, mushrooms and fresh basil on a thin crust with white sauce with buffalo mozzarella and reg Italian blend is what I made last night. I make pretty darn good grilled pizza so that's my flavor du jour.
+1 for caramelized onions. I had a pizza with caramelized onions and goat cheese at Fat Cat in Norwalk, CT many eons ago and I still dream about that pizza! It's my holy grail pizza!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy said:
If I could eat pizza this is how I would have it. Like Zoe I love thin crust pizza. The NYC kind that is delectably delicious. And I love a classic cheese and tomato sauce pizza crispy around the thin crust edges. I am a purist at heart and have no desire for anything extra on it. If it's done right there is no need IMO. I want to taste the pizza not the toppings if that makes sense.

My loves sausage or pepperoni on his pizza. Not both though, just one.

ETA: OK now I am starving for pizza at 7AM in the morning. LOL. :lickout:
Can I just say I approve of the correct way to fold a slice. :)

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with Missy, and generally prefer no toppings. New Haven style brick oven, slightly burnt is good. Sometimes garlic only is a nice add-on.

There is one place where we must get the green peppers (roasted!) with garlic.

We make pizza at home too. Thin-crust with TJ's quattro formaggio. Yum!

Oh, and I should add -- sometimes Broccoli Rabe and garlic, but this requires a thicker crust!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Thanks to this thread, we ended up eating this last night....

It is called "Pedal to the Metal" (the works!)

selma_s.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pepperoni, anchovies and olives on a thin and crisp base with tomato sauce and cheese, with the pepperonis on top so that they are nice and crispy.

DK :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results