shape
carat
color
clarity

What are your favorite makeup items?

imitcan

Shiny_Rock
The older I get, the less I wear, it seems. If I apply too much I just look ridiculous. On a daily basis: concealer, mineral powder, brown liner, black mascara, Nars orgasm blush and Dolce Vita lipstick. Takes me less than 10 min. Oh, and I love my Shu Umera eyelash curler!
Can anyone suggest a good facial sunscreen for someone with fair, sensitive skin. My brownspots are getting darker!!!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Haven|1336596890|3191470 said:
I am such a tightwad when it comes to makeup, but I DO buy Chanel lipsticks because they're amazing. Especially their reds. And DH loves a good lipstick. :naughty:

But for everyday I just wear some eyeliner, mascara, and Aquaphor on my lips. Sometimes I swipe some powder over my nose, and I use it more now that I'm just barely preggo and that seems to be putting me back into my oily preteen complexion, much to my dismay!

!!!!!!!!!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: Very happy for you :)

Threadjack - I graduated nursing school :) Waiting to take my boards! I'd make a thread and share some pics but I don't wanna be a weirdo haha.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Autumnovember said:
I am such a tightwad when it comes to makeup, but I DO buy Chanel lipsticks because they're amazing. Especially their reds. And DH loves a good lipstick. :naughty:

But for everyday I just wear some eyeliner, mascara, and Aquaphor on my lips. Sometimes I swipe some powder over my nose, and I use it more now that I'm just barely preggo and that seems to be putting me back into my oily preteen complexion, much to my dismay!

!!!!!!!!!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: Very happy for you :)

Threadjack - I graduated nursing school :) Waiting to take my boards! I'd make a thread and share some pics but I don't wanna be a weirdo haha.

Congrats to you to Autumnnovember!! :appl: :appl: :appl: Threadjack away :bigsmile:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
L'Oreal eyelash growth serum
Some decent mascara (Black)
Benefit eyebrow kit
A great selection of brushes

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ame|1336519200|3190508 said:
distracts|1336514157|3190441 said:
Number two is MUFE Full Cover Waterproof concealer. That stuff stays put. It looks very natural on me as well, I can wear it as the only makeup item I am wearing and look totally fine. If you're looking for a concealer, I recommend checking it out.
It didn't work for me. I need something OPAQUE in ONE COAT, maybe one and a half coats. That product was at least 3 to make a dent.

Aw, too bad! It is opaque pretty quickly for me. I have pale skin and my undereyes are super purple no matter what I do, and it covers them right up and then doesn't budge or crease up weirdly, and it's the only one I've found that does, after trying a bunch. Though I am limited in what I can try since I am pale and pinkish and a lot just don't match my skin.

Oh! And I totally forgot! MUFE Aqua Cream is another fave of mine for eyeshadow. I especially like it in the shimmery light purple.

I went out to Sephora and bought the Clinique BB Cream. I think it clogs my pores though - almost everything with sunscreen does. But otoh I always have to wear sunscreen and it makes my skin look pretty. And I've only worn it one day so I can't really tell yet. I also bought this Diorshow mascara that people always rave about, but it doesn't seem any different than most mascaras. But I needed a new mascara since my old one was almost done.

Lotus99

Shiny_Rock
distracts|1336709497|3192721 said:
Number two is MUFE Full Cover Waterproof concealer. That stuff stays put. It looks very natural on me as well, I can wear it as the only makeup item I am wearing and look totally fine. If you're looking for a concealer, I recommend checking it out.
It didn't work for me. I need something OPAQUE in ONE COAT, maybe one and a half coats. That product was at least 3 to make a dent.

Aw, too bad! It is opaque pretty quickly for me. I have pale skin and my undereyes are super purple no matter what I do, and it covers them right up and then doesn't budge or crease up weirdly, and it's the only one I've found that does, after trying a bunch. Though I am limited in what I can try since I am pale and pinkish and a lot just don't match my skin.

Oh! And I totally forgot! MUFE Aqua Cream is another fave of mine for eyeshadow. I especially like it in the shimmery light purple.

I went out to Sephora and bought the Clinique BB Cream. I think it clogs my pores though - almost everything with sunscreen does. But otoh I always have to wear sunscreen and it makes my skin look pretty. And I've only worn it one day so I can't really tell yet. I also bought this Diorshow mascara that people always rave about, but it doesn't seem any different than most mascaras. But I needed a new mascara since my old one was almost done.

Try an eye cream with retinol. I found it helped my dark circles.

I use an Almay concealer that has pretty good coverage.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW, CONGRATULATIONS AutumnNovember!!!! That is a huge accomplishment! :appl: :appl: Best of luck to you on your exams!

Thank you, Stargurl and AN! We're very excited. :))

GlamMosher

Shiny_Rock
ame|1336596467|3191458 said:
madelise|1336539278|3190781 said:
RSG or anyone else w/ sensitive skin: try BB Cream. It was first created in Korea by dermatologists for patients who just had work done on their skin/face, that couldn't wear makeup.
Which brand do you recommend?

Can i second this question? What is a good BB cream to try? I used to work for Chanel so was always up to date on cosmetics but have no idea with BB creams. Are they all the same, or is it just a new name for tinted moisturiser/make up base?

A lot of blogs seem to go crazy for the Garnier one. Call me a make up snob, but I have never bought a Garnier product! But if peeps here agree, I think I could give it a try tho.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Garnier is made in France, I use the cleanser in the green packaging, it's good quality. I have also tried their moisturizers in the past and they aren't bad.

My favourite makeup items at the moment are Urban decay naked II palette and super saturated high gloss lip color pencils.

Mrsacornblue

Shiny_Rock
I'm super pale and oily, but I like Smashbox's BB cream. Clinique didn't have the right shade for me but I know a lot of people really like it. My must haves...

Maybelline Dark Circle under-eye eraser concealer in brightening
Mascara...I've not yet found my HG one so still on the hunt
Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner
Mac shadows
Foundation or BB cream

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
redsoxgrl|1336522760|3190571 said:
I have rosecea, so i'm limited in what i can use on my face to avoid flare ups...

so i'm addicted to bare minerals! I use everything from the face and eye primers, bronzers, blush... I have over 50 pots of just eye shadow.... :naughty:

Hi redsoxgrl, I have rosacea too and I agree- our skin is so sensitive. The one product I cannot live without is sunblock for sure. I use either vanicream spf 60 or FaceCotz spf 40. I also wear buxom lash mascara and apply dermablend coverup when/where needed. These products do not cause me to flare.

imitgirl, try a sunblock with only physical ingredients - titanium dioxide and/or zinc oxide.

Congratulations and good luck AN!!

Congratulations Haven! :appl: Best wishes for an easy and healthy pregnancy!!

imitcan

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Missy, re: the physical ingredients only reminder. These are suppose to be less disruptive to the female hormones as well.
I have tried the Garnier B.B. cream and I liked what it did - gave my skin decent coverage, a light dewy finish, and sun protection but I HATED the smell!!! I was seriously nauseous within minutes of applying.
Does the Clinique one have a scent? I must look for the Smashbox one next time I'm at Sephora. Is it expensive?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
imitcan|1336744492|3192937 said:
Thanks Missy, re: the physical ingredients only reminder. These are suppose to be less disruptive to the female hormones as well.
I have tried the Garnier B.B. cream and I liked what it did - gave my skin decent coverage, a light dewy finish, and sun protection but I HATED the smell!!! I was seriously nauseous within minutes of applying.
Does the Clinique one have a scent? I must look for the Smashbox one next time I'm at Sephora. Is it expensive?

You're welcome imitcan. I am not familiar with the clinique or smashbox sunblocks. I use vanicream spf 60 for sensitive skin and FaceCotz spf 40. They are both unscented. The former is good for heavy duty sun exposure like when we are cycling and the latter I use for everyday. The facecotz goes on so smoothly and is almost like (colorless) makeup itself. I can wear it by itself if my rosacea is not flaring that day. If it is I wear the sunblock and then dermablend over it where needed.

Lotus99

Shiny_Rock
I've heard good things about Boscia's BB cream. I may try it. I use their skincare products and like them a lot.

My favorite products seem to be from Lancome. I use their Teint Idole foundation. It's got good coverage without feeling heavy. My skin tone is uneven and I find it really helps even it out. It doesn't slide off in the heat, either. I'm also a big fan of Lancome mascaras.

My favorites are:

-Tarte Clean Slate primer. I mix this with my foundation so that it glides on better - so I don't get a cakey look.
-Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original
-MAC brow pencil. I need to fill them in a bit.
-UD naked and naked2 palettes!
-MAC 226 brush

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

:appl: Congratulations Haven! I won't tell you how far I got reading the thread after that before my over tired brain cells went "oh wait...go back and read that again, did she say...?"

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Haven|1336712737|3192745 said:
WOW, CONGRATULATIONS AutumnNovember!!!! That is a huge accomplishment! :appl: :appl: Best of luck to you on your exams!

Total thread jack.

CONGRATULATIONS HAVEN! :appl:

tigian

Ideal_Rock
rosetta|1336840576|3193834 said:
Haven|1336712737|3192745 said:

Total thread jack.

CONGRATULATIONS HAVEN! :appl:
I had to re-read your comment, Haven!
Congratulations!!!!

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
I adore Smashbox Anti-Shine and Photo Finish primer! :love:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations HAVEN!!!!!! What great news!

Autumnovember-good luck! I am sure you will do well!

I love L'Oreal Double extend mascara. It doesn't smudge at all, lasts all day, and comes off with water. Love that.

Bare Minerals. LaMer eye cream. Philosophy Micro delivery peel. Not really make up, but can't live without it.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lotus99|1336711814|3192738 said:
distracts|1336709497|3192721 said:

Try an eye cream with retinol. I found it helped my dark circles.

I use an Almay concealer that has pretty good coverage.
I actually use retinol all over, and that hasn't changed anything. I am almost at the point of some kind of laser surgery or facial plastic surgery to see if there's ANY way to lighten them or puff that area up or something to make it less ridiculous...

Its been this way my whole life, nothing fades or changes them so I just have to trowel on the spackle.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Haven!!!!!

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Autumnovember|1336525790|3190607 said:
The daily that I wear:

Dior Blackout Mascara - I don't think I'll buy blackout again but I looooved diorshow so i'll go back to that.
Garnier Tinted Moisturizer BB cream (my newest obsession...when I feel like spending $$$$ I'll get the more expensive kind)
Bobbi Brown Bronzer
Any type of chapstick

Now that I have color, I don't find myself wearing much liquid liner anymore but if I am wearing it, I love Revlon Blackest Black Liquid Eyeliner.

For lipstick, I like to put on some chapstick and then put on a tiny bit of Mac's "Myth" on top and then some Mac lipgloss (forget the name).
I have the same thoughts about Dior Blackout. And it is a big freaking pain to take off - blurg. Iconic didn't work, either. Love DiorShow (always go back to it). Today I bought Maybelline Mega Plush (their new gel mousse mascara) because I felt like a treat and so far, me likee.

I'm also firmly in the "eyeliner and no mascara? huh?" camp, but that's just me.

hiujiupo

Rough_Rock
The information is very interesting. I like the post. Thank you, this advice will come in handy. It made me understand something, and it is that I never knew before.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
A good black liquid eyeliner is definitely at the top of my list! Right now I'm loving my Revlon liquid liner pen.

A rosy pink blush

A really bold red lipstick. I'm completely addicted to MAC Russian Red, but I kind of want a deeper one for fall/winter.

I'm amazed by all the love for NARS Orgasm (and their blushes in general). I bought it and was really unhappy with it. For the amount of money I spent on that, I wanted something that clearly beat out my Cover Girl blush, but I really wasn't convinced that it was worth it. Back to $7 blush for me!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
LoveLikeCrazy said:
I have rosecea, so i'm limited in what i can use on my face to avoid flare ups...

so i'm addicted to bare minerals! I use everything from the face and eye primers, bronzers, blush... I have over 50 pots of just eye shadow.... :naughty:

I use bare minerals as well. Have you tried their mascara? It's awesome.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's funny, I go through phases. I used to wear a lot in my teens and twenties. During my thirties and up to the last few years, I hardly wore any make-up except for eyeliner, mascara, a touch of blusher and lip gloss. Recently, I've been wearing more. Just last week, I spent abt USD500 on Mac make-up and brushes. This is much more than I spent on make-up for the entire year last year.

So these are what I wear these days, almost all MAC:

- either a tinted moisturiser or light-textured BB cream, which must have an high SPF suncreen built in (I almost never wear "regular" foundation or loose/ compact powder)
- eye primer in a natural shade
- eye shadows, usually 1 or 2 shades mixed and blended together if it's day time, at night it could be up to 3-4 shades. My faves are light pink for highlighting, dark brown possibly mixed with gold and/ or charcoal or another shade of black for eyelids
- black liquid eyeliner, either Chanel or Estee Lauder
- lashings of black mascara
- eyebrow pencil in brown or dark brown
- facial contour "shade" or whatever it's called, lol
- cheek highlight
- facial blush in a nice dusky pink
- lip gloss in a rosy shade (never lipstick, at least not any more)

These are ALL my favourites and necessitites these days! :tongue: :twirl:

(I am assuming we're just talking make-up, right, not skincare? I am HUGE on moisturisers and would never ever leave the house without at least eye-cream, facial moisturiser and a big dollop of high SPF sunscreen)

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does any one have a recommendation of a good You Tube video for smokey eyes? I mean the really dark, very heavy smokey eye look. I'd love to sport this look when I go out at night but I can't seem to find a suitable video and I keep trying to do the make-up on my eyes but have failed - miserably!! :(sad

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Phoenix|1347894131|3269610 said:
Does any one have a recommendation of a good You Tube video for smokey eyes? I mean the really dark, very heavy smokey eye look. I'd love to sport this look when I go out at night but I can't seem to find a suitable video and I keep trying to do the make-up on my eyes but have failed - miserably!! :(sad

This is my favorite youtube guru. I'm sure he has a few that would work for you.

http://www.youtube.com/user/gossmakeupartist/videos?view=0

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results