shape
carat
color
clarity

What are YOUR annoying habits???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I know you have some... ''fess up!

Some of mine:

- SO and I live separately. If I am at my house, I let the yellow stuff mellow, rather than wasting water with a flush...
28.gif
(our water service just increased rates 90%!!!) SO hates when I do this, and used to fuss about it all the time. I''m pretty good about it now, and he appreciates that I make the effort!

- I pick wedgies. Can''t help it.

- I hate checking voicemail. Seriously hate when people leave me messages

- I don''t like when people pepper me with questions. I feel harassed and clam up.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2009 11:53:25 PM
Author:trillionaire
I know you have some... ''fess up!

Some of mine:

- SO and I live separately. If I am at my house, I let the yellow stuff mellow, rather than wasting water with a flush...
28.gif
(our water service just increased rates 90%!!!) SO hates when I do this, and used to fuss about it all the time. I''m pretty good about it now, and he appreciates that I make the effort!

- I hate checking voicemail. Seriously hate when people leave me messages

- I don''t like when people pepper me with questions. I feel harassed and clam up.
OK Trill, I''ll play - they say confession is good for the soul.

First, same as you, I hate checking voicemail, so does Mr Gailey. Actually we rarely answer the phone at home either. I hate talking on the phone. In fact, I hate the phone altogether. I only have a cell phone because of my business.

According to Mr Gailey, one of my very annoying habits is lying in bed late at night tapping away on my computer - talking to all of you (I''m on the sofa right now!), so I guess that counts.

OK, racking my brains to see if I''ve got any other annoying habits - nope, can''t think of any. Must be perfect after all!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Well, I just got to sit through a roast where the interns made fun the seniors.

One of the things they pointed out is that I play with my hair, I fidget a lot in general.

I can also talk too much

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been known to stuff a used tissue in the couch cushions before.
20.gif

SO hates it. I''m doing much better, honest!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 12:38:52 AM
Author: Snicklefritz
20.gif

Yick!
6.gif
9.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I try to not listen to voicemail at work. It is an evil invention, designed to let people distract you, and waste your time on their problem. My avoidance bothers the heck out of some people.
31.gif
He-he.

I''m not a strictly punctual person. Not horribly late. Just not early. There is no better way to bug an a*** retentive person with control issues.
9.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 12:43:00 AM
Author: HollyS
Date: 7/17/2009 12:38:52 AM

Author: Snicklefritz

20.gif

Yick!
6.gif
9.gif

Ha ha ha ha ha, OHHHHHHHH Ick is right. You would fit right along well, with my two grandboys, ha ha ha.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
I don't sleep when I should..stay up way too late. I am also kind of lazy sometimes..e.g. what did I accomplish today as far as unpacking? Putting three magnets on the fridge. I also helped cook dinner?
40.gif
I LOVE eating out which is bad because I also LOVE food. I am pretty bad at giving directions/navigating when I am the passenger in a car. When someone asks, "Is this the right way?" or "Should I turn here?" my response is usually something like, "Sure!" Annnd then I end up wrong.
12.gif
I guess these are more personality flaws than bad habits, but I am also very detail oriented so I ask a lot of questions, a perfectionist, sometimes a bit dramatic, and sometimes a bit OCD (e.g. "Did we lock the door?" "Are you sure?"). Phew what a load off!
9.gif

ETA: Also just saw Holly's about not being strictly punctual..I can ditto that. Lately I've been getting later and later I guess it's because I can? I know things are going to change in about a month.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
If I am giving someone directions while I am in the car, if I tell them to turn left, I will invariably point to the right. Or vice versa. It''s terrible, and I do it all the time, but it''s totally subconscious. It certainly confuses people, which I feel bad about...

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
- Spend way to much time on Pricescope
- Watch way to much Will & Grace
- Refer to myself in cute little names to FI when he is mad at me (It works?)
- Let the kitten eat food off my plate
- Put all the cleaning off until it has piled up and takes a whole day to do

... There are so many, I could go on and on
20.gif

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Too many to mention!

- I get stressed in a messy environment, but I don''t like cleaning
- I am usually late to everything
- Like a few other PS-ers who have posted, I hate answering the phone or listening to voice messages. Text messages or email is fine
- I wait until I run out of clean undies before doing a load of laundry
- I tend to dither on purchases. This drives DH nuts!

And many more... but these are the only ones I can think of right now
3.gif

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
I pop my chewing gum. It makes Nate go bonkers. It calms me down.

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
I also rarely listen to voicemail.

And the same as wolftress said - I get VERY stressed in a messy environment, but I hate hate hate cleaning. I''ve been cleaning more often now though because I realize I hate being messy more than I hate cleaning
2.gif

The one thing I know DH gets annoyed about (he doesn''t usually say anything, but I see the look on his face sometimes) is when sometimes I go through a couple days where I don''t hang up my clothing (like if I take something out to wear, then decide not to wear it, instead of hanging it back up I put it on a chair we have in our room....) and then it keeps piling up until eventually I decide to either put it all in the laundry or hang it all back up if it''s clean. When he sees that pile of clothes he rolls his eyes and I can tell he doesn''t like it so much.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Okay, this is embarrassing to admit, but as a girl with terrible allergies, I also leave used kleenex in a pile next to me until I get up to throw them away. Luckily, it doesn''t bother dh unless I forget to throw them away when I get up.

I also have a habit of keeping multiples of the same thing all over the house so I don''t have to go to a room to get something (chapstick, hair ties, nail files, little lotion bottles etc.) so things get a bit cluttered.

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t clean!

Well, I do, but I have to make myself! And I moved in 6 months ago, but the spare bedroom is still all cluttered and has some unpacked boxes in it. I really should at least just move them down to the basement....Ack! I never do laundry til I desperately need to.

The one room I''m good about keeping clean is the kitchen, because when it''s clean, it''s shiny!! But I still don''t like it.

I think it''s because my mom always had a cleaning crew come in once a week when I was a kid, so I never had cleaning chores, so it never became a habit... it''s such a struggle for me!

I also hate the phone. If I could communicate exclusively by text/email unless it''s my BFF whom I loooove to talk to... I totally would.

Sooo I guess I''m not perfect after all...
9.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I twirl my hair sometimes.

I don''t check voicemails, either.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2009 11:53:25 PM
Author:trillionaire

Ditto to both the above. Especially clamming up though - I tend to lost my train of thought a lot when in a discussion with someone - haha I even lost it in a presentation earlier this week. I''m learning I need to just stand there and gather my thoughts for a minute, because if I don''t, I end up mushing all my words together and stumbling over there.

I''m a serious procrastinator. Was even worse during college. I like to say I work best under pressure.
1.gif
But I''m getting better. At least I try to.
12.gif

TBjumper

Shiny_Rock

-finish my FI''s sentences... well any one''s sentences really....doh

-wont watch a movie if its already started on TV. This drives my FI CRAZY... he''s like "it just started 20 min ago and there is nothing else on...". Nope change the channel, not having it...

20.gif

-nail biter, I know it looks gross, can''t help it. That’s why I get the fake ones, much harder to chew those bad boys off.

-about a million others.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I am bossy. I''m working on it, but I think I''ll always be at least a little bit bossy.

I am tightly wound and am unable to sit down for more than 10 minutes at a time. I''d rather clean and watch TV than sit down and watch TV. My inability relax is annoyng.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I leave shoes all over the house.

I leave water bottles all over the house.

I leave clothes in the washer and/or dryer.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Ha! The hubby and I were just talking about this the other day. We were talking about which habits we have that annoy each other. He said I only have one and that is I brush my teeth too loud (what?). I reminded him that out of the two of us, I was the only one with no cavities
9.gif

kiett98

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 4:50:43 AM
Author: pennquaker09
I pop my chewing gum. It makes Nate go bonkers. It calms me down.
I looooove popping my gum, as well. Orbitz is my favorite brand because it pops so well for me.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m absolutely perfect!
5.gif

9.gif
25.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What annoying habits? I''m perfect, dammit!!!

Hmm, I''m sure I have quite a few.

I routinely inspect my hair for split ends. Typically this happens when I get really bored during conversations with people I find boring. I''m sure it comes across as utterly rude and disrespectful.

I leave the tiniest bit of milk or butter or chips or something in the container instead of using it or throwing it out. This tends to drive people who''ve had the pleasure of living with me before absolutely insane.

I have really long hair and it ends up everywhere. People''s vacuums, drains, the laundry, etc. I''m actually annoyed by it myself.

I''m really terrible about returning phone calls in a timely manner. Emails and texts are returned within a matter of seconds typically, but not phone calls. I just don''t want to have some long drawn-out conversation when everything can be solved/confirmed/set up with two or three sentences.

I''m really, really terrible about waiting to RSVP until the very last minute. Or committing myself to plans very far in the future at all.

12.gif

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
oh my...
when i use the bathroom and i dont start the fan lol - make my husband go crazy...
27.gif

i chew on my fingers ( i have pretty bad eczema on them and i cannot stand little pieces of skin hanging... )

as for him... when we eat something, he used to wipe his fingers on his shirt!!!! It took me 2 years to break him off this
habit, thank god, now he uses napkins!!!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Another voicemail hater here. It annoys DH because he doesn''t like to but it''s usually him who HAS to. I just don''t care if I ever get the messages.

Sometimes I call DH "dude" he hates it, but for some reason I can''t stop....

I am always moving and fidgeting. It bugs most people that I never sit still. I give platelets regularly (so I have a needle in both arms) and the person doing it always has to wedge me in the chair with blankets.

My nephews tuck up in fear of the washcloth I constantly chase them with (when they''re at my house...the dirty little rats).

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 9:57:58 AM
Author: monarch64
What annoying habits? I''m perfect, dammit!!!

Hmm, I''m sure I have quite a few.

I routinely inspect my hair for split ends. Typically this happens when I get really bored during conversations with people I find boring. I''m sure it comes across as utterly rude and disrespectful.

I leave the tiniest bit of milk or butter or chips or something in the container instead of using it or throwing it out. This tends to drive people who''ve had the pleasure of living with me before absolutely insane.

I have really long hair and it ends up everywhere. People''s vacuums, drains, the laundry, etc. I''m actually annoyed by it myself.

I''m really terrible about returning phone calls in a timely manner. Emails and texts are returned within a matter of seconds typically, but not phone calls. I just don''t want to have some long drawn-out conversation when everything can be solved/confirmed/set up with two or three sentences.

I''m really, really terrible about waiting to RSVP until the very last minute. Or committing myself to plans very far in the future at all.

12.gif
Man. I think we are soulmates!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
P-R-O-C-R-A-S-T-I-N-A-T-I-O-N

I leave dishes in the bathroom sink. I don''t like waking up early, so I get a bowl of cereal and eat it in the bathroom while I''m doing my hair and make-up. Then I leave them there because the kitchen isn''t on the way to the car (even though I end up in the kitchen 2 more times that morning, it just takes too much time to grab the bowls!).

I hate checking voicemails. And I don''t really care if my phone dies. I''ll just leave it for a few days. I like not being able to be contacted sometimes.

I can''t do one thing at a time. I have to have 5,000 things going at once.

I leave clothes everywhere. And I have too many of them. Same with books and shoes. And water bottles.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results