shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you making for Thanksgiving?

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We're bringing two dishes of sweet potatoes to my grandmother's house. The "traditional" way and the new recipe Grandma tried a few years ago. The "traditional" because it is the one everyone loves (cut sweet potatoes, put in pan with butter & brown sugar, cover and cook until tender, toss on marshmallows and cook until toasty). The "new" recipe because Grandma says it is the only way Grandpa likes sweet potatoes and even though no one else really likes it we still have to have it.... except that Grandpa says he really doesn't like this one... Gah! Easier to just cook them both and be done with it!

For the day after Thanksgiving, I am cooking:

25 pound turkey
apple/almond/cranberry stuffing (from fresh baked challah)
gravy (DH calls it a wine sauce since it gets 2 bottles of white wine...)
sweet potatoes with ginger & lime juice
roasted garlic mashed potatoes
green beans in balsamic vinegar
rosemary dinner rolls
carrots in orange/honey/lemon reduction
un-cooked cranberry orange relish
cooked cranberry orange sauce
pumpkin pie
sweet potato pie
pecan pie

And of course:
latkes
applesauce
sufganiot (jelly doughnuts)
apple fritters

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK I couldn't resist posting some more pics once we cut into the cakes/pies. Hope you guys don't mind but virtual yummies for all!!! Let me add that it tasted even better than it looked! Hope everyone had an amazing and delicious Thanksgiving and Hanukkah celebration! :appl:

yummyyummy.jpg

moreyummies.jpg

amazingpeanutbutterchocolatesquares.jpg

aftereatingtoomuchfood.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I made enough homemade stuffing (apple, sausage and pecan) to feed an army - love leftovers!

My other contribution was these limoncello dessert shots - they were the rave of the day. Crushed biscotti cookie crumble on bottom, limoncello infused lemon curd, and whipped cream/mascarpone lemon-infused topping!

img_0051.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG those lemon shots look AmAzing! :lickout:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results