shape
carat
color
clarity

What are we all reading?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/6/2009 11:09:57 AM
Author: Haven

I''ve just gotten a book club started with some friends, any title suggestions for me to bring to the first meeting? We''re going to select titles and dates next week. Have you had particular success with a certain book in a book club? If so, I''d love to hear about it!
Not a book club member (I wish I was! Have been looking to join one for over a year) but I would think Olive Kitteridge would be a great book club read. Commencement would also bring about interesting discussion, I would think.

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/19/2009 9:52:09 AM
Author: Dannielle
Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson.

Very good read so far, although I am only on page 4
3.gif

I just finished that one up a couple of weeks ago. I thought it had a slow start (for about the first 100 pages or so), but then it REALLY picked up and I absolutely didn''t want to put it down! By the end of it, I was sad that it was over.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/16/2009 12:11:06 PM
Author: risingsun

I also read The Shack by William Young and did not like it at all. It did not resonate with me. I realize that this book has millions of fans that love it.
Marian, I''m reading The Shack right now. My Mom read it first and she let me borrow her copy. She LOVED it, and I just like it so far. Of course, I''m only about 1/3 of the way through, so my opinion might change.
2.gif

I just finished My Sister''s Keeper by Jodi Picoult and I LOVED LOVED LOVED that book! Could not put it down! Now I''m not sure if I want to see the movie or not, because I hear that it''s very different from the book. I hate it when they do that!
20.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I finished Fault Lines. The first section was a bit hard to stomach (the little boy was frightening) but moving on from that point it evolved into a fascinating story.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
I''m currently reading Quicksilver by Neal Stephenson and Jonathon Strange & Mr. Norrel by Susanna Clarke. The last books I finished were the current books in the Song of Ice and Fire trilogy by George R. R. Martin. I cannot wait for A Dance with Dragons to come out!!!

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I just finished "The Time Traveler''s Wife" and reread a few of the Harry Potters.

I read "The Shack" a few months ago, and although I found it interesting and it made me think, I didn''t really enjoy reading it.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2009 3:49:40 PM
Author: KimberlyH
I finished Fault Lines. The first section was a bit hard to stomach (the little boy was frightening) but moving on from that point it evolved into a fascinating story.
That book was fantastic. One of the best books I''ve read in a long time.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2009 5:38:15 PM
Author: vespergirl

Date: 9/7/2009 3:49:40 PM
Author: KimberlyH
That book was fantastic. One of the best books I''ve read in a long time.
It really is a good book. The connections between each character were engrossing.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
I''m reading "To The Nines" by Janet Evanovich. A coworker got me reading the Stephanie Plum novels. Nice, easy summer reads. Loving them!

If anyone likes non-fiction comedies, I would highly recommend Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers by Mary Roach. I think that''s been my favorite book I''ve read in the past 5 years (I use to think I''d grow up to be a funeral home director, so maybe that''s why I liked it so much; I find death fascinating).

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm reading "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil." A good friend just got back from Savannah and bought the book after touring the city.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/7/2009 11:55:11 PM
Author: deegee
I''m reading ''Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil.'' A good friend just got back from Savannah and bought the book after touring the city.

One of my all-time favorites! So quirky -- when I read it, I''d read a chapter or two each before going to bed, and end each day with a chuckle.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
An update for me. I finished most of How we die and then POOF it disappeared from my desk at work (alas) so I will have to re read it later. Currently I am still reading the bible (making progress though) and am also reading The Once and Future King. From here I''m going to tackle and finish the classics even if it kills me hehe.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
I just finished reading Babbitt by Sinclair Lewis and just started reading My Antonia by Willa Cather.

I just cannot get into the many books that are out right now and I don''t know why. The books written years ago seem to hold my interest better.

Next on my list are Fahrenheit 451 and Catcher in the Rye (I read them many years ago, but wanted to reread them)

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I actually just finishing two books..

Chelsea Handler''s My Horizontal Life...it was really good and really funny. I love to read about peoples lives--and Chelsea always puts out a good book. It was absolutely a piece I''d recommend to anyone looking for a really good laugh.

And I also finished Kathryn Stocketts The Maids. I have to say, this was the best book (aside from the Twilight series) I''ve all read all year. It was heartbreaking and funny and it kept you reading. It was great!

I am now reading Middlesex. I started it awhile ago, in July, but couldn''t get into it...I''m not giving it a 2nd chance.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Just started Revolutionary Road. I didn''t have any interest in the movie, but my husband read it and said it''s one of the best books he''s ever read (which is saying a lot as he is a very serious reader), so I picked it up this moning. So far, really interesting.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Just started the Lost Symbol by Dan Brown... I loved Angels and Demons and the DaVinci Code, so I am really excited to get into this one! Anyone else read it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results