shape
carat
color
clarity

Weird question - need advice

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey guys, strange question I know... but I made a few things, mostly eggnog, that required a LOT of egg yolks and I have 56 egg whites in my fridge and need some ideas of what to do with them!! I'm leaving tomorrow for Vietnam so I'm hoping they can freeze but am I better off just dumping them?

What's the dealyo?

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
They do freeze. I wouldn't bake with them after you defrost them, but they'd be fine in cooking (i.e. french toast, etc.). I'd probably portion them since you may not want 56 egg whites all at once. Have a great trip to Vietnam!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Yup they freeze perfectly well! I freeze them all the time. They'll be great for pavlovas, meringues, and if you make ice-cream.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't have a clue about the egg whites. What are you going to be doing in Vietnam?

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
I'd make an awesome pound cake... but that's just me :))

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Macaroons!!

Porridge, you think they'll be okay for baking after freezing? I have five 2cup bags in the freezer lol

DS- we are going on vacation for 12 nights there. A couple nights in ho chi minh and Hanoi, six in danang, two on a halang bay cruise and an overnight train ride, doubtfully a lux train but I'm game lol gotta be better than general seating on a china train lol (done that)

Leaving in 2 hours! Merry chistmas everyone!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Macaroons!!

Porridge, you think they'll be okay for baking after freezing? I have five 2cup bags in the freezer lol

DS- we are going on vacation for 12 nights there. A couple nights in ho chi minh and Hanoi, six in danang, two on a halang bay cruise and an overnight train ride, doubtfully a lux train but I'm game lol gotta be better than general seating on a china train lol (done that)

Leaving in 2 hours! Merry chistmas everyone!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Cehrabehra|1324863386|3088530 said:
yup no problem at all! just defrost before you use them.

have a great trip!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
have a great trip and please post your eggnog recipe when you get back!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results