clarity

Weight Loss

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
242.6 last week
242.2 by Friday
Today: 239.2

Hoping that is from healthier choices and not just due to illness and not able to eat much last few days.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient and PintoBean, the beans added to the cauliflower are delicious and give it a thicker richer texture. Really delicious. And pretty too. I will try remembering to take a picture next time. Delicious and nutritious.

TooPatient, good for you on the continuing healthy eating and exercise program and sorry you were sick but keep up the good work! You too Pinto! And everyone else participating. :appl:

Haven, I am hoping your nausea passes soon and wishing you an easy and healthy and happy pregnancy!!! :appl:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Giggling to myself a little. Talk about working the "inconveniencing myself" for the sake of fitness:
I had 5 little potted plants to move to the back yard. Instead of grabbing them 2 at a time, I walked them one at a time to the back. If any neighbors were looking out their windows, I must have looked ridiculous transporting these tiny plants one at a time. :lol:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1458755486|4009909 said:
Giggling to myself a little. Talk about working the "inconveniencing myself" for the sake of fitness:
I had 5 little potted plants to move to the back yard. Instead of grabbing them 2 at a time, I walked them one at a time to the back. If any neighbors were looking out their windows, I must have looked ridiculous transporting these tiny plants one at a time. :lol:

Good way for some extra steps! :appl:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I bought myself a Polar chest strap heart rate monitor a couple weeks ago, in part to tide me over on the Apple Watch. My main reason though was to find out what kind of calorie burn I was really getting when I box because Fitbit and MFP just make up some arbitrary number based on your height and weight and how "sedentary" you are. So it was saying I was burning 810 calories per 45 min class. I knew that was bullshit and pulled out of thin air. So the first time I wore it, the number it came back with was 476. Based strictly on my height, weight and heart rate. That's a significant difference! The second time I wore it, I started the workout when I left the house (I walk to and from the studio) and when I got home it said I burned 535 (I believe, I know it was mid 500s). So I have basically started using that as my workout recording. I try not to eat the calories I've earned though.

Since DH did not see my reasoning for buying a HRM (in fact, he was like "what's the point, the fitbit is supposed to do that." and I said, no I don't have one that monitors my heart rate, that's why I was debating the apple watch. But this is doing that and syncing it to my account, til I decide on that watch. ) anyway...I showed him the difference and he was shocked. So I think I justified that purchase.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am still trying to lose weight as of this morning I am down 31 lbs it has taken me a 1 year and 7 months to lose this..I have increased my walking to 40-45 mins a night 4-5 times a week and I have started using light weights to improve my tone...I have some serious flab....from my heaviest point which was around 4 to 5 years ago I am down 47 lbs...I still have almost 40 lbs to lose to be in the what is considered a "normal" BMI...I would be happy with another 30 lbs..once again I have alot of excess flab so I dont think I will ever lose it all....the flab is bad and it might be a medical issue and have to be surgically removed we shall see.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ame|1458763199|4010007 said:
I bought myself a Polar chest strap heart rate monitor a couple weeks ago, in part to tide me over on the Apple Watch. My main reason though was to find out what kind of calorie burn I was really getting when I box because Fitbit and MFP just make up some arbitrary number based on your height and weight and how "sedentary" you are. So it was saying I was burning 810 calories per 45 min class. I knew that was bullshit and pulled out of thin air. So the first time I wore it, the number it came back with was 476. Based strictly on my height, weight and heart rate. That's a significant difference! The second time I wore it, I started the workout when I left the house (I walk to and from the studio) and when I got home it said I burned 535 (I believe, I know it was mid 500s). So I have basically started using that as my workout recording. I try not to eat the calories I've earned though.

Since DH did not see my reasoning for buying a HRM (in fact, he was like "what's the point, the fitbit is supposed to do that." and I said, no I don't have one that monitors my heart rate, that's why I was debating the apple watch. But this is doing that and syncing it to my account, til I decide on that watch. ) anyway...I showed him the difference and he was shocked. So I think I justified that purchase.

The Polar is way more accurate (or was as of a year ago not sure of current comparison). Great purchase! I am glad it is working for you.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondrnglover|1458763631|4010016 said:
I am still trying to lose weight as of this morning I am down 31 lbs it has taken me a 1 year and 7 months to lose this..I have increased my walking to 40-45 mins a night 4-5 times a week and I have started using light weights to improve my tone...I have some serious flab....from my heaviest point which was around 4 to 5 years ago I am down 47 lbs...I still have almost 40 lbs to lose to be in the what is considered a "normal" BMI...I would be happy with another 30 lbs..once again I have alot of excess flab so I dont think I will ever lose it all....the flab is bad and it might be a medical issue and have to be surgically removed we shall see.

Nice work! Slow and steady is the way to go.

Are you wearing weights while walking or do you use them separate from walks? I have seen people wear weights while walking and always wondered if it was comfortable.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondrnglover said:

I have stretch marks from my weight gain. I have been alternating on my body almond oil and fractionated coconut oil. These oils are the best moisturizers I've used to date. There has been some improvement in skin tone, and it has kept my eczema in check during the winter.
Do you exfoliate your skin? I'm trying to be vigilant and do it once a week or every other week. I find that after I exfoliate, any oils I apply penetrate better.

I hope you can avoid surgery! I hope with time your skin will catch up to your body, or that a dermatologist will have non-surgical options.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient: I use them separate from walking, they are only 2 lb dumbbells.....I am old so I go slow with everything lol

PintoBean: I have not done anything to my skin other than lotion, guess I never thought it would help with toning....I doubt my skin will catch up, with me being older my skin was saggy anyway this weight loss is just making it worse..but its worth it...my tummy is sagging quite a bit and that is the one area that is the most concern because of the "area" it sags on can get infections and with my diabetes I have to keep an eye on it...oh well....it is what is...I like looking thinner!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm... diamondrnglvr, I would recommend the fractionated coconut oil because it is naturally antibacterial and antifungal

I buy either brand - whichever is cheaper at the time I'm purchasing:

http://www.amazon.com/Majestic-Pure-Fractionated-Coconut-Oil/dp/B00PMR3QF2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1458775986&sr=8-2&keywords=fractionated+coconut+oil

http://www.amazon.com/Fractionated-Coconut-Oil-Liquid-Roll-/dp/B00NPC7EEU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1458775986&sr=8-3&keywords=fractionated+coconut+oil

For what it's worth, i once read an article where Victoria Beckham stated that with clothing on, she looks great, but after all those kids, her body's not the same anymore, naked. :)

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1458776259|4010112 said:
Hmmm... diamondrnglvr, I would recommend the fractionated coconut oil because it is naturally antibacterial and antifungal

I buy either brand - whichever is cheaper at the time I'm purchasing:

http://www.amazon.com/Majestic-Pure-Fractionated-Coconut-Oil/dp/B00PMR3QF2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1458775986&sr=8-2&keywords=fractionated+coconut+oil

http://www.amazon.com/Fractionated-Coconut-Oil-Liquid-Roll-/dp/B00NPC7EEU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1458775986&sr=8-3&keywords=fractionated+coconut+oil

For what it's worth, i once read an article where Victoria Beckham stated that with clothing on, she looks great, but after all those kids, her body's not the same anymore, naked. :)

Thank you I will check this out....I need all the help I can get, thanks!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
237.2 down from 242.6 last Friday.

This is NOT a good way to lose weight. Too sick to eat and most of what I manage doesn't stay.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient said:

This is NOT a good way to lose weight. Too sick to eat and most of what I manage doesn't stay.

:(sad feel better soon TooPatient!
I'm up 0.5 a pound :nono:, BUT all that walking is paying off. My energy level is up. That means my fitness is up. It's a marathon, not a sprint!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1458847978|4010499 said:
TooPatient said:

:(sad feel better soon TooPatient!
I'm up 0.5 a pound :nono:, BUT all that walking is paying off. My energy level is up. That means my fitness is up. It's a marathon, not a sprint!

More energy is good! Especially when getting started, it is normal to actually go up some first. Stick with it! This is great progress.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know if it's my hormones, but I'm up a total of 1.5 lbs! I know I should have been eating less carbs. I'm moody and feeling tired and kinda down. We had easter with the in-laws today. It's rough - my SIL and BIL's wife are both XS and XS Petite. 15 years ago, I was a size 14/16 in kids and now I'm a 16 in adults. :wall: This is my rant. End rant.

I just remembered that I have one of those 7 minute workout apps (free) on my ipad. My goal this week is to incorporate it daily, and aim to work towards 4 miles daily. That means that I need to make sure I get up every hour this week and walk around, and maybe add in some supplement walking with a workout video during TV time in the evening. As I'm sitting here about to type "baby steps", my kitten just stood behind me and put her paws on my shoulder and nuzzled my ear.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1459132055|4011913 said:
I don't know if it's my hormones, but I'm up a total of 1.5 lbs! I know I should have been eating less carbs. I'm moody and feeling tired and kinda down. We had easter with the in-laws today. It's rough - my SIL and BIL's wife are both XS and XS Petite. 15 years ago, I was a size 14/16 in kids and now I'm a 16 in adults. :wall: This is my rant. End rant.

I just remembered that I have one of those 7 minute workout apps (free) on my ipad. My goal this week is to incorporate it daily, and aim to work towards 4 miles daily. That means that I need to make sure I get up every hour this week and walk around, and maybe add in some supplement walking with a workout video during TV time in the evening. As I'm sitting here about to type "baby steps", my kitten just stood behind me and put her paws on my shoulder and nuzzled my ear.

Ah, cute kitten!

Hormones will do that. This is part of why I like to weigh daily. My weight as I near a certain time can jump as much as 4 pounds. Some days even more...

The 7 minute workout sounds great! Short so you can get it in without planning. Easy to fit in multiples throughout the day if you want.

One at a time. You can do it!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Days like this, I am thankful for the sort of job I do. I feel awful. Still sick, but no excuses. I will get at least 4 miles in today wether I like it or not.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hang in there girls. You are all doing great!

Here's the pic of the cauliflower mash I promised you. It really tastes delicious and is healthy and easy to make.

cauliflowerbeanmash.jpeg

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well.... I am slowed down for a bit.

Took DH to urgent care. The DR was so concerned, he came in with the check in lady. He thought DH was sick enough we would likely be heading straight downstairs to the emergency room. Oxygen okay enough to stay upstairs (thankfully).
The doctor we ended up seeing came in and wasn't sure which of us was the patient as we both looked super sick.
Explained to her. She had me check in too.

So we're both down.

DH: pneumonia, sinus infection, bronchitis
Me: sinus infection, bronchitis

He is on heavy duty meds. Mine are even stronger (since I don't respond to the antibiotics they have him on and the step below wouldn't treat this).

His are every 12 hours with food.
Mine are every 12 hours without food. No vitamins, antacids, or dairy within 2 hours either side.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient|1459224633|4012410 said:
Well.... I am slowed down for a bit.

Took DH to urgent care. The DR was so concerned, he came in with the check in lady. He thought DH was sick enough we would likely be heading straight downstairs to the emergency room. Oxygen okay enough to stay upstairs (thankfully).
The doctor we ended up seeing came in and wasn't sure which of us was the patient as we both looked super sick.
Explained to her. She had me check in too.

So we're both down.

DH: pneumonia, sinus infection, bronchitis
Me: sinus infection, bronchitis

He is on heavy duty meds. Mine are even stronger (since I don't respond to the antibiotics they have him on and the step below wouldn't treat this).

His are every 12 hours with food.
Mine are every 12 hours without food. No vitamins, antacids, or dairy within 2 hours either side.

Oh no, sorry you are both so ill. I'm glad you got the medical attention you both need and are now being treated. Feel better quickly and sending healing vibes both your way.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh boy, TP! Lots and lots of healing dust!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks. Things are rough right now. I am not sure if I feel worse from the infection or the antibiotics. :knockout:

I decided to quit watching the scale for a few days. My weight is all over the place with this stuff. Not being able to eat much of anything followed by an antibiotic that leaves me starving (but still able to only nibble). I am eating pretty much non-stop whatever I can manage.

How are you all doing?
How is the daily exercise?

Pinto -- Is your weight starting to drop as you stick with it?
Ariadne -- How is the daily walk going? The hill getting easier?

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am up a pound this week :(sad I blame the Reese's peanut butter eggs for Easter lol....on a good note I bought a new pair of black slacks and there were a size 14!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ahhhhhhhh its been I know at least 18 years since I been in that size..wooohoooo me...now to get back in the saddle and lose the 1 pound I gained and the other 35-40 that needs to go with it!!! (PS I think the they were a big size 14...but still lol)

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondrnglover|1459413327|4013568 said:
I am up a pound this week :(sad I blame the Reese's peanut butter eggs for Easter lol....on a good note I bought a new pair of black slacks and there were a size 14!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ahhhhhhhh its been I know at least 18 years since I been in that size..wooohoooo me...now to get back in the saddle and lose the 1 pound I gained and the other 35-40 that needs to go with it!!! (PS I think the they were a big size 14...but still lol)

Nice work! Dropping pant sizes is amazing. Keep it up!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondrnglover said:
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:
I think that clothing can be more telling of progress than a scale sometimes!

My pesky pound disappeared. I think I have problems with sleep and dehydration. I need to be more vigilant with hydration. As for sleep...Usually the kitten spends the night on daddy's side, but she's been starting the night laying on or spooning daddy, then shifting over to mommy. Mommy woke up many times to things like kitten sleeping in the crook of her arm, head on bicep, and occasionally stretching her arm so that her paw "taps" mommy's face. Then mommy woke up to kitten with her head against mommy's thigh, body diagonal, and occasionally stretching her hind legs and kicking mommy's biceps. Then mommy would hear daddy snoring :wall: . Two nights straight of similar shenanigans and I'm wiped out today.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GUESS WHAT??? Remember when I freaked out about the pound gain? It was like XX3.4 or something... then this week I was floating around 2.something, and RIGHT NOW I was at XX0.8!!!! YAY! Back on track!

I have not made it to 4 miles yet... it's still a goal, but maintaining 2-3 miles. Also, I had pasta Monday and Tuesday, so I told DH, 2 days a week, I indulge in carbs, the other 5 days, focus on keeping the carb consumption low!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1459442345|4013746 said:
GUESS WHAT??? Remember when I freaked out about the pound gain? It was like XX3.4 or something... then this week I was floating around 2.something, and RIGHT NOW I was at XX0.8!!!! YAY! Back on track!

I have not made it to 4 miles yet... it's still a goal, but maintaining 2-3 miles. Also, I had pasta Monday and Tuesday, so I told DH, 2 days a week, I indulge in carbs, the other 5 days, focus on keeping the carb consumption low!

WooHoo!
Awesome loss!

Maintaining 2-3 per day is great, especially with your 7 minute videos! Keep up the awesome work!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Weight loss is at a stand still, so I'm trying to eat a little better. I did not stick to my diet plans (posted earlier). I ate whatever I wanted. I know it's time to be more vigilant with food. Breakfast today is plain yogurt + honey + cinnamon + granola. I also lapsed on my yogurt ingestion, so here we go - picking it back up again!

(Psst.... TP sent you a reply just wanted to make sure it made it to you! :wavey: )

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am back on whole 30.

Everything else I have tried has failed. Restricted calorie intake or weighed food amounts cause massive blood sugar drops for me. With whole 30 I can eat throughout the day and steadily lose weight. I have increased energy and mental clarity. This time, I will probably keep it as a lifestyle change because I feel more like myself when I eat this way.

I have been on it for a week and have lost 4.4 pounds. You aren't supposed to weigh yourself... I cheated. ;-)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results