shape
carat
color
clarity

Weight loss bet with husband - any tips?

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
So, the good news is ... I stuck to the diet (wound up doing the elliptical every day to every other day, and being just as obsessive as I thought I would be over the MyFitnessPal app - yes, I caved and got it, more or less within minutes of my self-aware little screed up there - and staying below 1200 calories a day, once the exercise was factored in) and lost 12 lbs this month. The bad news is, my husband is now claiming he never deviated from the hybrid plan, and that while he remembers having HAD the conversation about metabolism and gender and accepted practice, he says he never deviated from his bizarre hybrid bet plan. And since he lost about two pounds more than I did by doing nothing more than cutting out chips and booze and reducing his portion size slightly ....

... the bad news is ....

... it's a draw.

While I'm glad I'm back on the diet train and planning to stay on it, I have to say, I'm a little irked! I would have taken things a bit more slowly and obsessed less if there hadn't been a bet on. Alas.

Well, live and learn. Next time, I'm getting things in writing. :read:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Men! :nono:
Ah well...

Congratulations!
You stuck with it and can wear your eternity rings again!! Great work! :appl: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results