shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Band help w/ my Royal Crown

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jenn

Rough_Rock
I was wondering if you guys could give your opinion about wedding bands that look good with the Vatche Royal Crown ring...the band of my solitaire is plain gold--no other diamonds on it other than my biggie :) I want a 18k yellow gold band with at least 7 diamonds on it. I really don''t care for the Vatche curved wedding band. I want a wedding band that I can wear by itself on days when I don''t feel like wearing my solitaire (and I think the wave thing might look odd by itself). I want something that will lay pretty low on my finger so it won''t bang into the crown part of my engagement ring.

I''ve looked at local jewelry stores and the only thing that seems to sort of work is a plain channel set band. I''ve never been huge fans of plain channel set bands though (I guess I want something a little more unique?). One band that''s grown on me lately is the Tiffany Etoile band, but I''m not sure if that would look good with the Royal Crown. Unfortunately, we''re really far from a Tiffany & Co. store, so it will be a while until I''m able to go to the store and see it in person. Other than that, I have no CLUE what would look good with my ring...any suggestions for a band? I''m banging my head against the wall, lol!!

THANKS!!
Jenn

Diamondsbybree

Brilliant_Rock
I think the 7 stone ring would look good. And you could easily wear it alone.
twirl.gif

wishing.jpg

I wanna rock!

Rough_Rock
On June 16, Jenn wrote in response to my question about posting pictures of her wedding band:

Not until October 2005 when I get married We haven't even bought our wedding bands yet, although I do plan to get a band with 9 diamonds on it! Prong set, rather than channel set I believe, but we're not sure of anything yet.

It seems you are having the same trouble I am having. I just want a plain band, but I have no idea which one will set flush with the RC setting. Vatche has several options, but I don't want a band that is flat or jutts out at the top. Once we get the ring, we are going to go to some jewelers and try some bands to see what works. We aren't even sure what width we want - 2.5 mm or 4 mm.

Please keep me informed of what you plan to do. Thanks.

Jenn

Rough_Rock
Will do, I wanna rock....this is much harder than I thought it would be, lol. Originally, I was only going to settle for a 9 stone ring (for the 9 years we'll have been together when we marry), but I'm having so much trouble, I'm not sure if it will be possible to do so!! Really, none of the bands seem to fit totally flush with the royal crown, so I'm not even trying for that (but then again, I knew this when we bought the RC).

Bree, my only concern about that band is that I wouldn't be able to try it on before I bought it...I'm really concerned about the height of it. When I tried a few similar prong-set ones on at my local jeweler, some of them bumped the "crown" more than I would have liked them to. Hmmm, choices, choices!!

I'm still on the hunt
22.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Check out my band. Its in my ring thread. Its kind of a rip of the etoile band but really is just a 3mm Stuller Heavy Comfort Fit Platinum Band wit hthree diamonds gypsy set into the band.

bling

Shiny_Rock
Hello,
i too had the same problem with my RC setting. Most prong set bands sat too high and would hit the crown part of the setting. I didnt want that either. If you do want to purchase your band from Tiffany, they have a fantastic 7 stone ring that sits very very low. it fit really well. they stones were 0.08 each i believe. they also had one of the same styly with 7 0.03 stones. also fits very well. HOF has a nice 5 stone band that sat very low. Both of these were contenders when we were looking however, i found a beautiful 5 stone ring from Derco in the bay area, with ideal cut stones! it sits pretty low, just low enough so that it doenst hit my ering. But keep in mind, there will always be a little rubbing no matter how low the band is on the ering..maybe not on the crown part..but a little against the ring. and if all else fails and you cant find one your happy with, you can always have one custom made. I have a friend who also has the RC setting that had an 8 stone prong wedding band made to fit her ring. it came out gorgeous, and sits just low enough.
if you run a search on Tiffany wedding band, or 5 stone ring or Kayla, she has the Tiffany wedding band with her RC setting, so you can see what they look like together. they look really really good. good luck!
9.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Pardon me, Bree, but isn't that a ring that you're selling?

Diamondsbybree

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Hest, she is looking for ideas. Her ring is yellow gold. I stay away from yellow gold. It's a hard seller for me.
sad.gif

When did the look of yellow gold go out of style?
I personally love the look of yellow gold, but more of the older style look (80's) on myself.
love.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results