shape
carat
color
clarity

Water shoe recommendations

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear them in a lake so the sole is important as I don't want to feel the yuck at the bottom of the lake. I wear them the entire time in the water and a lot on land, too. I hate it when water puddles on the sole of the shoe and your feet get all wrinkly because they never quite dry out. Fashion and tan lines are not important. It's all about functionality and comfort. I've probably bought 10+ pairs without finding the perfect ones. Any suggestions?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Keen makes some great outdoor shoes. I got some last year..um..Keen Turia I think they were called. They had a lot of mesh on them,, but they have others that are more open. I tried a pair that would've been perfect, I liked the open-ness of them, but I have weird small toes, so my baby toes would pop out of the side.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chaco sandals are great. The soles are aggressive enough to use as a water shoe, they dry fast, and if you get gravel in them it comes right out rather than getting stuck like in a regular water shoe. Teva also makes something similar but they aren't cost effective because they aren't as durable as Chacos.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I am currently using my Vibrams {designed for water} in Hawaii, and they are functional. Normally I just use them in the pool at home and I don't slip. I do, however, find the sand accumulated in the toes and it bugs me. For future I won't buy another pair of vibrams as I find the Speedo Aqau Sox work just as well for traction and foot protection in the water.

cheers--Sharon

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for the recommendations. I had not heard of a couple of the brands so this definitely gives me some options. Hopefully I can get a pair or two on sale.

Ame and Canuk-gal, enjoy your Hawaii vacations.

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
I second Monnie's suggestion on the Chaco's. I have had a pair for over 10 years which are in great shape.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ditto Chacos--son is into water sorts, as such, we are in & out of lakes etc all day long--Chacos are perfect. They dry quickly, hug & support the foot, & are just plain comfortable to wear. Perfect for lake wear IMHO. Go try on a pair, see what you think.
sarahb

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results