shape
carat
color
clarity

Vow renewal anyone?

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
So DH and I are going to be married 35 years in June. We both want to do a vow renewal.
I want something between just renewing our vows in church at the end of 12pm mass some random Sunday in June( just saw a couple at our church renew at 25 years. After mass this past Sunday) and a full on wedding with all the bells and whistles.
I've been thinking a beach renewal ( we are 30 minutes from Sanibel Island ,FL, and then a dinner with a small 30 or so group of family and friends. But then I go online and see renewals in Castles in Ireland and think that's the way. But my kids have such crazy schedules and finances I think we would end up footing the bill for everyone, and it would only be the 7-8 of us.
Anyone on here done a vow renewal?
I know I want a pretty dress, a beautiful bouquet( my original one was NOT what I ordered) and family around us. I would like beautiful pictures so a pretty venue is a must. I'm having fun pinning on Pinterest!

Advice?

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: Vow renewal anyone?

We are planning our renewal for our 10th anniversary. We've decided on a smallish celebration (15 people) and are going to London. I think it's a lovely thing to do and will be a wonderful day. I look forward to seeing what you decide to do :appl:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

We've planned on it, but just haven't been able to yet..was supposed to be for our 10th, but my brother got married that year. New plan is the 15th, in three years.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Nahhhh, she might say "no" this time... ::)

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

Nope, never had a vow renewal. I've never really understood the concept and have no interest in that sort of thing.
A beach thing sounds nice, OP. Whatever you do, try to keep it simple. Happy planning =)

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock

I love the idea of vow renewal, and in fact was interested in having a vow renewal myself for my 10 year anniversary (coming up in a week :appl: ).
However, I abandoned the idea last year, partly because my beloved Grandma died (she was a big part of why I wanted to do it).
Maybe for my 15th!?
Or maybe my 35th lol.
My vow renewal idea was sparked by visiting a friend's fabulous and luxurious mansion overlooking a wild and isolated sea, which he offered for our disposal for a weekend...my husband used that favour up though, celebrating our business's 10-year anniversary!!! :rolleyes:

SB621

Ideal_Rock

Elizateach, I"m actually in the middle of planning my vow renewal. We are doing ours a little early. Either 8, 9 or 10 year anniversary (all pending when DH is home and not deployed etc). Really to make a long story short, we had a quick wedding (once again due to the military) where the focus was on our family instead of us. I HATED my wedding. Nothing worked out and we spent the entire night in the hospital with the date of one of our bridal party who got alcohol poisoning and footing the bill for her! Yup it was a wedding of nightmares. Anyhow we are now in the process of moving to Europe. We are looking at renting out a castle mid week for our vow renewal. Our quests will only be our small children and maybe his mom/ step father. We are going to take pictures, due a small ceremoney and then go to a restarant near by to cut cake.

If you want to see some more I posted about it in Bride World Wide. I have already bought my dress

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/im-offically-rejoining-the-ranks.195386/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/im-offically-rejoining-the-ranks.195386/[/URL]

Anyhow if you are giong to do a vow renewal honestly I would skip the entire big wedding. I think it ends up being more work then happy memories. I would totally do a destination wedding. If you love the beach how about Hawaii? Or the Carribean? I know footing the bill to travel with 8 ppl is a lot but at the same time a wedding will costs just as much. You might as well make it into a vacation full of happy family memories.

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

This is probably not what you are looking for, but hubby and I have talked about the renewal and we are looking at doing ours: In VEGAS! We're going to do the whole cheesy bit: Elvis, little chapel, etc. :cheeky: We are goofy and it sounds like a blast to us! If I were in your shoes, I like the idea of a destination wedding. Then you get a beach, small wedding, awesome vacation. :D

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

SB621|1388756752|3585453 said:
Elizateach, I"m actually in the middle of planning my vow renewal. We are doing ours a little early. Either 8, 9 or 10 year anniversary (all pending when DH is home and not deployed etc). Really to make a long story short, we had a quick wedding (once again due to the military) where the focus was on our family instead of us. I HATED my wedding. Nothing worked out and we spent the entire night in the hospital with the date of one of our bridal party who got alcohol poisoning and footing the bill for her! Yup it was a wedding of nightmares. Anyhow we are now in the process of moving to Europe. We are looking at renting out a castle mid week for our vow renewal. Our quests will only be our small children and maybe his mom/ step father. We are going to take pictures, due a small ceremoney and then go to a restarant near by to cut cake.

If you want to see some more I posted about it in Bride World Wide. I have already bought my dress

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/im-offically-rejoining-the-ranks.195386/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/im-offically-rejoining-the-ranks.195386/[/URL]

Anyhow if you are giong to do a vow renewal honestly I would skip the entire big wedding. I think it ends up being more work then happy memories. I would totally do a destination wedding. If you love the beach how about Hawaii? Or the Carribean? I know footing the bill to travel with 8 ppl is a lot but at the same time a wedding will costs just as much. You might as well make it into a vacation full of happy family memories.

I agree with the bolded. Too many weddings end up being SO stressful for the bride - I can see a vow renewal turning into the same sort of thing and losing sight of the actual purpose. A fun location, a pretty dress, a small bouquet of flowers, and close family/friends is all you really need to make it special.

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock

I get the idea of a vow renewal as a redo of a not so terrific first( SB yours comes to mind!) your castle idea sounds amazing!!!
Ours was fine, we have had some rough times and weathered them stronger, so we want to celebrate that. I enjoy a nice party and since we live at the beach it's a natural go to spot. We love the beach.
We really want a small intimate thing,But even just us and important people it is at least 25.
I'm leaning towards a beach on nearby. Sanibel/Captiva .
I would really like some nice family beach pictures.

Dinner at a local restaurant, then we go away!!!
In this (hah, if I lose 50 lbs)
Or this.

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1388767627.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1388767682.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1388767730.jpg

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock

Elisateach|1388767939|3585554 said:
I get the idea of a vow renewal as a redo of a not so terrific first( SB yours comes to mind!) your castle idea sounds amazing!!!
Ours was fine, we have had some rough times and weathered them stronger, so we want to celebrate that. I enjoy a nice party and since we live at the beach it's a natural go to spot. We love the beach.
We really want a small intimate thing,But even just us and important people it is at least 25.
I'm leaning towards a beach on nearby. Sanibel/Captiva .
I would really like some nice family beach pictures.

Dinner at a local restaurant, then we go away!!!
In this (hah, if I lose 50 lbs)
Or this.

I think it will be lovely! The dresses are very pretty. I need to lose 45 lbs before I'm willing to even try a dress on so we can do it together :))

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium

We have talked about it too! We have been married 33 years. I love the dresses you picked! Have you ever thought about getting a bouquet made from jewels and silk flowers like they have on etsy? My wedding bouquet was gorgeous but I never had it preserved. If we ever do the vow renewal, I would love to have a keepsake like that. Just a thought.

The beach ceremony looks really pretty. Will it be on your original wedding day?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

love that first dress, the white one, holy cow that is beautiful!

I think a renewal gives such a great opportunity to show who you are as a couple *now*, b/c I feel like weddings are kinda more about who the *bride* is.

When we got married, and granted it wasn't ages ago (tho I tell him 12 years is really an eternity haha), I wasn't on the internet, just had a few magazines, didn't have people to go to for ideas and all the "fun" stuff...so our wedding was..I dunno, it was beautiful, simple and plain...but then 8 years later I stumble onto PS and see Neatfreak maybe?? I forget, but she had RED shoes. RED. And I thought OMG you can DO that??? I was edgy for this area wearing an off white dress instead of white-white and having my brother be my man of honor-that set people all aflutter here. And a couple months later I was making renewal boards on that one website. Ha, girls walking down the aisle to NOT the wedding march, Freke's silver dress w/blue jacket, my word it was an eye opener.

Plus, yanno..a new dress, getting all purty-ed up..cake..what's not to love?

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock

The actual anniversary is June 16th which I believe is a Tuesday. So no not on the actual day. Probably a Saturday or Sunday in June possibly July. My DH is a swim coach so summer is super crazy busy( although living in FL it is a year round sport.)

For our 25th we went to Ireland for 10 days and it was like organizing a military operation to get him to arrange all the coaches for coverage while he was gone.
I joke that we could just go with him one weekend and do it in between sessions!

I've started my diet and working on my arms so I can wear sleeveless with the bat wings knocking kids over;-)
My SIL and Family would like to come down from NJ so we have to add them, so we are looking at 25 for dinner somewhere.

As far as flowers, that's one of my real wants, I really want beautiful flowers, my original bouquet was booooring! Plus I wanted freesia and the florist talked me out if them, he said they were expensive. Turns out we were talking 15.00! Of course in 1979,$15.00 was a lot!

I also would like I know this sounds silly, a makeup person and someone to do my hair that day. On the day of my wedding I did my own makeup, mascara and blush!
Did my own hair too!
I would like to be fussed over the way the girls are now.

Not sure why this is sideways!

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1388806673.jpg

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock

I think you look very beautiful, and your dress is gorgeous. Do you still have it? Could you have it altered?
I really like the idea of a vow renewal, especially if it comes with a big fat anniversary ring! :sun: Your beach idea sounds lovely.
Go get pampered, lovely bride! :appl:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I so get that Elisateach! I did my own hair and make-up too! You can get some amazing bouquets now. I love them wrapped in satin with little jewels or pearls going up the stems.{swoon}. Although I have to say, the flowers in your photo look lovely!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results