azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There was no info on this ring--tsavs, garnets, unknown. I liked it. :love:

20160912_112841.jpg

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Callie, I was thinking of you on this ring, I didn't see the 'pepper' until I checked the pic later :lol:

20160912_103436.jpg

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now for the emeralds! Jewelers owe Angelina Jolie a debt of gratitude for bringing them back (hahah not that they are ever 'out!')

20160912_104248.jpg

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Finished! I hope you enjoyed the bling **** :lol: :D :wavey:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Sharon and Madam Bijoux, my pleasure! Glad you enjoyed =)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1474142462|4077816 said:
I think this necklace of fancy cuts and briolettes would really pop on the neck/chest.

This necklace needs to be 2: for a pair of earrings for Missy!!

cheers--Sharon

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have been salivating over the OEC ring in the center for an eternity. I'm wondering if you tried it on?

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have been salivating over the OEC ring in the center of Pic #3 for an eternity. It IS on eBay and they've taken wonderful pics of it. I'm wondering if you tried it on?

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi DAF, I have seen the same pics on their eBay store and I didn't see it out of the window or try it on. Frustrated, they got jewels out of the window displays for me, I think the sweet kid waiting on me didn't know an OEC from a fish taco at George's on The Cove.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i very much enjoyed the rose quartz ring. :love: :love: :love: :love: go big or go home!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG. So wonderful of you to post this. I have been to San Diego TWICE in the last year and have never had time to bling shop!!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian, hi :wavey: That rose quartz could be yours!! Bargain hard, the tiny people can't wear it on their minute phalanges!!!!

Gypsy, you and your DH would love the food across the street at George's on the Cove. :appl: Maybe they would score you a deal, the Old Country, maybe?????

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the bling eye candy pics!!!!! I've bought a couple of things from them ages ago and they were O.K (not outstanding, but O.K) via email. I love your peridot ring (I assume it is yours) too btw!!! :wavey:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Arkie :wavey: :wavey:

That ring is mine, 12 mm of Pakistani Peridot, Portuguese cut by Andrew Gulig/Gemfix San Diego; silver and 18 kt gold setting by JKT---thank you for noticing it!!!

Can we see your Moradi jewels??? Pretty please!

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How fun (except for the apathy). Thanks for posting.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1474159929|4077886 said:
Hi Arkie :wavey: :wavey:

That ring is mine, 12 mm of Pakistani Peridot, Portuguese cut by Andrew Gulig/Gemfix San Diego; silver and 18 kt gold setting by JKT---thank you for noticing it!!!

Can we see your Moradi jewels??? Pretty please!

I love your peridot ring, I kept noticing it more than some of the other things in your photos :D I have a band I bought about 5/6 years ago that is somewhere (no clue where) and I have a really pretty Beaudry empty setting that I bought before P/S that used to hold a 10 +carat or a 12 carat fancy yellow oval diamond I don't remember which size it was but it was huge and it was one of Beaudry's top priced exclusive high end rings they made (I assume H.Moradi took out the fancy yellow oval and sold it, and I fell for this amazing looking setting), it is fairly ornate and has these pretty white marquise diamonds in the shape of butterflies on the sides, a yellow diamond halo and carved work in the basket. I've attempted to put a yellow sapphire in it, a very light blue topaz and a couple of white sapphires and topazes, and I have still not been able to find something that fits it the way I want. I suspect one day I will have to get something cut specifically for it.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
azstonie|1474156179|4077876 said:
Arcadian, hi :wavey: That rose quartz could be yours!! Bargain hard, the tiny people can't wear it on their minute phalanges!!!!

Gypsy, you and your DH would love the food across the street at George's on the Cove. :appl: Maybe they would score you a deal, the Old Country, maybe?????

You crack me up!!!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went through my computer and found and old and not particularly good pics of the setting to show you, the setting alone has a few carats of diamonds in it...... I'd always thought I would get a yellow sapphire cut for it, either that or talk my husband into letting me buy a 10+ carat yellow oval diamond to fit it :naughty: :lol:

img_12722.jpg

img_12724.jpg

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy, poor grammar on my part,I meant the Moradi guys cut you the Old Country deal, not George's (maybe you got that somehow!).

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arkie, WOWEE, that Beaudry is TDF. I love it, absolutely get something cut specifically for it. Holy garbanzos. Thank YOU for posting the pic.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
??? How were they apathetic towards you when they pulled out so many pieces for you to try on? I thought they were very friendly when I went, since most jewelers wont just pull out Abby ch of stuff for you to freely play with. I hope Serena still works there. She was a doll to me.

I hope you and your DH enjoy San Diego. La Jolla is one of the prettiest places in Southern CA.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow I LOVE all the bling you are sharing with us Kristie, thank you! I am sorry they were not as friendly and helpful as you would have liked them to be. That is a bit disappointing but thank you for sharing all these lovely pieces. :appl:

canuk-gal said:
azstonie|1474142462|4077816 said:
I think this necklace of fancy cuts and briolettes would really pop on the neck/chest.

This necklace needs to be 2: for a pair of earrings for Missy!!

cheers--Sharon

Aww Sharon, my PS sister, thank you for thinking of me and I gladly accept. :love: :appl:

Now to return the favor what do you think about adding this lovely piece to your bling repertoire?

opalfrommoradi.jpg

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1474143254|4077828 said:
Finished! I hope you enjoyed the bling **** :lol: :D :wavey:

that was truly magnificent! thank you.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1474140813|4077789 said:
Here is an OEC, finally :bigsmile: Its a little under 5 ct, I believe. I was surprised to see all the blue in this pic. I didn't see that under the shop lights. It was very lively, lots of scint of pastel colors. I liked the crown-style setting. Side shot of basket up next.

Hi, azstonie-

Did you ask for the price on this one? It's a nice size. I was thinking of this as I looked through all the other photos. Until I saw the case of emeralds! Did you try any of those on? I loved your translation of "La Jolla", by the way. This is a great thread. Thank you for all the work you put into sharing your trip with us!

Hugs,
Deb :wavey:

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1474140572|4077786 said:
LOL, this ring is The Big Kahuna of Filigree :lol: I have long fingers and if it had been sized it would have made a big pointer finger statement ring for me. They should have tried to sell it to me, I might have pulled the trigger!

Jewellery and weapon all in one! Love it! :appl:

Make a fist and you can take out an attacker's eye with The Big Kahuna!

Thanks for sharing your visit and the photos with us!

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sounds like you were ready to buy something, if they would have given you better service.

What is up with these vendors with crap service? This happens more often than I would have guessed. I have had some sucky experiences too (not with this vendor, I mean in general). Both online and retail. And now is when I have the most money to spend! lol

Some examples that have happened to me recently:
- I called a vendor about something I was looking for, he said he had some potential matches and would call me back. No call back, even when I followed up. I ended up buying elsewhere.
- I emailed a vendor about a piece on their website. No answer. No answer to phone calls either.
- I called a vendor about a piece for sale on their website. They couldn't locate the piece to discuss it. I emailed again later about it, again they couldn't find it. It is still for sale on the website.

These are 3 different vendors. For the last 2, I am still on the market for my item of interest, but have extended my search to other vendors.

I will give a shout out to Grace of JBG, she has always given me amazing service. I also buy regularly on rubylane, where I find the sellers tend to be extremely responsive.

Anne

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
madelise|1474187826|4077989 said:
??? How were they apathetic towards you when they pulled out so many pieces for you to try on? I thought they were very friendly when I went, since most jewelers wont just pull out Abby ch of stuff for you to freely play with. I hope Serena still works there. She was a doll to me.

I hope you and your DH enjoy San Diego. La Jolla is one of the prettiest places in Southern CA.

Hi Madelise, and another shout out to your amazing thread on your recent wedding :appl:

I debated whether or not to respond to you on this. Frankly, apathetic is the least negative way to describe their sales approach during my experience there. I dug deep for that "apathy" and I did it in case they were having a bad day for some reason in their shops. I myself did point out that they pulled out each and every piece I inquired after. I said they were polite. The only time I was offered a piece were two dogs (poor quality colored gem stones in wonky settings) out of the 70% Off cases. I wasn't sure if I should be insulted (Why would they think I would buy one of those, I'm a GIA grad, which I mentioned in my phone call to describe the kind of jewels I would be interested in buying---and I had on my person several top quality jewels, which should have been enough to demonstrate what I would buy.)

My experience with H. Moradi is only mine, but it *is* mine. Calling people out for their experience with jewelry sales is the reason a lot of peeps around here do not post negative material, including me. I did call in advance, at Serena's request, and gave my search parameters. When I got there at the appointed time, nothing ready, no acknowledgement of our call the week prior, just nothing on their parts. Ergo "apathy." I was dressed up with hair and makeup done (not always my beach vacation priority), freshly showered, :lol: , wearing a good amount of money in quality jewels on my person and in my jewelry pouch to look for companion pieces for. I was also polite and friendly to them and openly laudatory about their many jewels of quality and beauty. I put a good energy out while I was there and I just got 0 in return from them. So me and my wallet gave up and went to lunch :lol:

I love southern California too, raised there, graduated from USC so Laguna Beach is my ideal of beachy beauty.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
anne_h|1474209038|4078049 said:
Sounds like you were ready to buy something, if they would have given you better service.

What is up with these vendors with crap service? This happens more often than I would have guessed. I have had some sucky experiences too (not with this vendor, I mean in general). Both online and retail. And now is when I have the most money to spend! lol

Some examples that have happened to me recently:
- I called a vendor about something I was looking for, he said he had some potential matches and would call me back. No call back, even when I followed up. I ended up buying elsewhere.
- I emailed a vendor about a piece on their website. No answer. No answer to phone calls either.
- I called a vendor about a piece for sale on their website. They couldn't locate the piece to discuss it. I emailed again later about it, again they couldn't find it. It is still for sale on the website.

These are 3 different vendors. For the last 2, I am still on the market for my item of interest, but have extended my search to other vendors.

I will give a shout out to Grace of JBG, she has always given me amazing service. I also buy regularly on rubylane, where I find the sellers tend to be extremely responsive.

Anne

:lol: :lol: :lol: I feel ya, I do. I've shopped at Bulgari, where the in-house gemologist came out to wait on me with bells on after overhearing me and my DH (geologist) discussing the beauty of their spinel on display---Alfred Molina---Oliver Smith Jewels---and lots of small jewelers. Every single one of these establishments actively worked with me to find a jewel. I'm right in that sweet spot where you are too, Anne, that should scream DISPOSABLE INCOME AND LOVES JEWELS :lol: :lol: :lol:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1474206979|4078038 said:
azstonie|1474140813|4077789 said:
Here is an OEC, finally :bigsmile: Its a little under 5 ct, I believe. I was surprised to see all the blue in this pic. I didn't see that under the shop lights. It was very lively, lots of scint of pastel colors. I liked the crown-style setting. Side shot of basket up next.

Hi, azstonie-

Did you ask for the price on this one? It's a nice size. I was thinking of this as I looked through all the other photos. Until I saw the case of emeralds! Did you try any of those on? I loved your translation of "La Jolla", by the way. This is a great thread. Thank you for all the work you put into sharing your trip with us!

Hugs,
Deb :wavey:

Hi Deb :wavey:

I only tried on a modest but gorgeous emerald cab ring. I hesitate to try on emeralds because they are fragile, yanno? As it was, I asked for them to put out a pad for the pieces I was looking at because I don't want to put a jewel down on top of the display case glass.

I did not ask for a price on that one. Its a great size. I LOVE the setting. I would want to see this stone out in natural light too before making an offer. It was a great performer under their lights. It wasn't the best cut OEC I've ever seen but had a lot going for it as a stone and as a jewel both.

Glad you liked the pics! ---Kristie

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results