shape
carat
color
clarity

VERY stained vinyl in-ground pool liner... ICKY, ICKY EW!

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
Re: VERY stained vinyl in-ground pool liner... ICKY, ICKY EW

Enerchi said:
Basically, it's over chlorinating it. He thought three cycles of shock should do it, plus the new water, plus back washing and vacuuming.

I dunno... I just leave it to "Juan the pool boy" (aka- DH!). Of course, I could race up to the pool and scream "I'm 54 and pregnant!!!" and see how things go. It would sure shock Juan, that's for sure :lol:

Haha!

We have a running joke in our family when DH is going to shock the pool that my going out there in my bathing suit is shock enough!!

My mom and dad had an in-ground pool with a liner at the summer house in Southampton LI . Dad said the best money he spent was the pool company in opening and closing. He could handle the rest himself.

We have an in ground "cement pond" and occasionally rain and not staying on top of it gets us a swamp. One year we had a leak, two leak detection companies couldn't find it. We stopped filtering because the cost to keep it filled was crazy. It got so bad by the time we fixed it we were actually home to tadpoles and frogs!!! I kid you not! It sounded like the movie Cannery Row!!!
Within 5 days of finding the leak( it was outside the patio!! We were in crystal clear water!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

Ta Da!!! Lookie lookie!!!
Juan has been hard at work and we now have a crystal clear pool again!

However, this did not come cheap - the heat exchange element had split in 2, so that was a few thousand to replace; we had to buy a tanker of water instead of using our well water, in order to decrease the iron content; the pump on the pool pump died... so another several hundred dollars later... we are able to look out and enjoy this view!

And this view

shows the rockery where we have a few garter snakes that like to make their home there. This FREAKS ME OUT!! I am terrified of snakes (plus a whole slew of other things but I'm staying focused on the snake issue at the moment...) and not a second before I took this, 1 just slithered away so I did not get him in this picture. *shudder* I just tell myself it is only *ONE* snake and he patrols the perimeter... just 1. ya. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

(and do NOT tell me otherwise! :nono: )

img_2141.jpg

img_2143.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Was "Juan, the pool boy" handsomely rewarded for his miraculous work on the pool? :naughty: It looks fabulous and I'd say since the snake isn't in the picture, it was never there. Did that work?

woofmama

Ideal_Rock

Looks beautiful and inviting!!! Sorry it cost so much $$$$ And don't worry all the snakes from the North American continent now live at my house ;))

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi,

Pool looks amazing now!!! If you hate the snakes then get rid of all the rocks. Pay someone and flatten the area and pave it with tiles, sandstone tiles look great or pavers or something else. Snakes love rocks as they make fantastic places to hide in. And when it gets really hot they have a water source nearby, other small animals are also attracted to the water providing a food source for the snakes. If you get rid of the rocks then they will go live somewhere else.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

Arkieb1 - yes, I know the rocks are quite the issue... when we built the house 14 years ago, these were the rocks that were where the pool now sits. We are on the Canadian Shield (hidden by a mere 2" - 6" of soil, I'm sure of it!) and I didn't want to remove them because of A) cost and B) I wanted to keep the environment as 'natural' as a new house and built in pool would allow. I did not figure in snakes to the equation!!! To remove the rocks would be a major MAJOR job, but believe me, I have asked DH a few times if we could consider it and then make that space join up to the pathway which leads to the gazebo - have a nice patio space for loungers. It's a fabulous idea, but not viable at the moment. Maybe I can lure some pied piper or St Patrick, to come and guide the snakes off of our property??? Worth a shot, right? :wink2: :D

Woofmama - I *want* to believe that they are all at your place now... but just now, coming in with the dogs, there's one that slithered in the FRONT garden!!! Wuh-HUT??? Aren't you on duty in the back? Why are you in the front now too??? ugh/shudder/ugh. Just don't do well with that kind of stuff...

Chrono - :lol: I like how you think!! If you can't see it, it isn't real!! Kind of like kids when they cover their eyes and pretend YOU can't see THEM!! Juan is rewarded daily by my undying love and devotion... isn't that enough for one pool boy to handle?? ;))

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It looks beautiful!! I'll be right over! :sun: Just give me a few days to book a flight :cheeky:

And boo to those snakes! They sound like they're getting way too comfortable!!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock

The pool looks great, Enerchi!!! Yay, for crystal clear pool water.

Ahem, it is my fervent belief that your resident snakes DO NOT like crystal clear pool water, and therefore are vacating Casa Enerchi via your front yard, heading for grimier, cloudier climes. :saint:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

What type of snakes are they? You are lucky you don't live here in Australia, the type we get are usually poisonous and you would want to be well rid of them. You could call a snake guy to come and get them or pay someone to catch them. We usually use a saucer of milk when we want them to come out....

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results