shape
carat
color
clarity

Very sick kitty.

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
You've been on my mind, I'm sorry for your loss.

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for giving your sweet kitty a wonderful life. Sending condolences to you, Gypsy.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you luvsdmb and Sky.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy, I have been sick and off the boards for a while, I just saw this...I am so desperately sorry my love, please give my sympathy and best wishes to J too. You are the most brilliant cat Mommy ever, I know how this rips at your heart, truly. I am sending you both love and comfort across the miles, if there is anything I can do, let me know. xoxoxoxo

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy, I don't know how I missed this, but I am so very sorry for your loss. Hally was a beautiful baby and my heart hurts for you and your hubby. It has always hit me like a freight train losing a furbaby. My head says I should be somewhat prepared because I know going in what their time with me will approximately be, but when it happens I am knocked to my knees. From your pictures and words she seems like an amazing funny sweet kitty. So many hugs. I have to go hug some babies too. Take care. More hugs and prayers.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1410208089|3747176 said:
I'm sorry to have made you cry Dandi and Lil. That wasn't my intention.

Dandi, she was full of mischief. She was six months old when we got her. We had her in the office the first few weeks to slowly integrate her. A computer was in there, with an old CRT monitor (not flat screen) and the keyboard was sitting on top of it. I come into the room and see that she's unbalanced the keyboard and is holding onto it with both her TINY little paws. My husband goes to help her. And I stop him and say... it will make a loud crash which will scare her and show her not to do it again. So we wait, and her grip on the thing slips. It falls. Instead of running and hiding she watches it fall, and is fascinated as it crashes and makes a boom. Doesn't run for cover like a 'normal' cat. Nope. Enjoys it. And so begins her career of dropping or pushing things just to watch them fall.

Another time a bat came down the chimney. We were all freaking out. She was chasing the thing, preventing it from landing and eagerly anticipating jumping on it when it tired.

Thank you for your lovely post and the hugs.

Lil, I'm so sorry about your loss of EQ. I'd love it if you shared pictures and stories about her here. I have attached a few extra photos of Hally as requested as well. Thank you for that. Looking at them makes me smile. Thank goodness my husband is picture happy.

Not at all lovey, I'm a big believer in sharing grief. Thanks for sharing those stories, that keyboard one is hysterical! What a nut! It's easy to see why she was so loved, she helped create so many wonderful memories.

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy, I hope you and your husband are doing ok today. I keep thinking about what a kind and wonderful set of cat parents you and your husband are. I really enjoyed getting to see your photos of Hally with you and Hubby. I have no words to help your sorrow, but I send hugs and dust to you and yours. (I remember when I lost my baby Blue during a move, your words were so kind and sweet) I hope the days to follow will lessen the pain. We never forget, but we learn to carry on with our babies still close in our hearts! XXXOOO :(sad grief_no_limit.png

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
I hope things are going easier for you, Gypsy. I didn't mean to offend you with my advice about moving on. But sometimes when your heart feels like it's been ripped out, the best cure is to let it go and move on to something happy. I was devastated when I lost my cat. He and I had been together for 16 years and through a lot of changes. He was family. I sobbed and sobbed. And it didn't change a thing. He'd been a really sick cat his last few days, and he was never coming back. When I got the young cats home from the shelter, I had kitties to love. That made me happy, and they are happy to have a home. win-win

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much Lorelei, your post made me smile.

Thank you luv2sparkle. You are right about the freight train. That's exactly what it felt like. Still does at times, like this morning. This afternoon is better.

Dandi Andi, she was a nut. She once broke a ceramic easter decoration my MIL had displayed. DH and I felt so bad. It was a victim of the drop it and watch it fall. And I can't tell you how many lamps she broke. I finally got sconces for the bedside. Thank you for sharing my grief, and for drawing me out to share some of the joy too.

Thank you hearts and arrows girl. We do learn to carry on with our babies in our hearts. I agree.

TC, I didn't take offense. We all process grief differently. When we lost Jett, we adopted Sheila. We had been fostering her. It was a mistake. We never bonded with her properly because we were grieving and she was "Not Jett." We did re-home her responsibly with my MIL. But she missed us TERRIBLY. And that was very tough to bear. I won't do that to another animal. I know there are people that CAN adopt new animals when they lose one, and be able to bond with them properly and not compare the old and the new, like you. And I applaud you. But I am not one of those people. And honestly, neither is my DH.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy, I'm sorry I haven't checked in on you but please know I've been thinking of you. Your stories about Hally bring a smile to my face. What a personality! Hugs

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Calliecake|1410496479|3749535 said:
Gypsy, I'm sorry I haven't checked in on you but please know I've been thinking of you. Your stories about Hally bring a smile to my face. What a personality! Hugs

You don't need to check on me. I'm okay. And if I'm not, I'll post. I promise.

Thank you, and I'm glad Hally's stories brought a smile to your face.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results